Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 01, 2008, 02:18:43 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2008, 02:14:41 PM
Thank God I have Sky Sports that I wasn't left with that shite on RTE last night as the only soccer I could watch.

It's gettign harder & harder to listen to them muppetts on RTE right enough.

I'm sure it'll be pleasent on the eye tonight though, with those reknown 'entertainers' on the box!

I actually meant the action on the pitch not in the studio
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

No matter how bad the Utd game was, it was be better than the usual borefest the scousers normally serve up.........IMHO off course

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2008, 03:17:33 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 01, 2008, 02:18:43 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2008, 02:14:41 PM
Thank God I have Sky Sports that I wasn't left with that shite on RTE last night as the only soccer I could watch.

It's gettign harder & harder to listen to them muppetts on RTE right enough.

I'm sure it'll be pleasent on the eye tonight though, with those reknown 'entertainers' on the box!

I actually meant the action on the pitch not in the studio

I knew exactly what you meant, hence my 2nd comment about the 'entertainers'!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on October 01, 2008, 03:40:57 PM
No matter how bad the Utd game was, it was be better than the usual borefest the scousers normally serve up.........IMHO off course

Well you know what you can do with your opinion  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2008, 05:23:20 PM

Suppose you are right LL.
As long as it is on the Utd thread I should be safe enough
Pity you couldnt do the same & stick to the scousers thread though ;)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on October 01, 2008, 05:39:23 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2008, 05:23:20 PM

Suppose you are right LL.
As long as it is on the Utd thread I should be safe enough
Pity you couldnt do the same & stick to the scousers thread though ;)

As the old saying goes...Keeps your friends close,but your enemies even closer  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Quote from: 118cmal on October 01, 2008, 01:35:31 PM
Quote from: The GAA on October 01, 2008, 11:02:44 AM

Raphael looks good - where's the twin brother?

creativity in midfield is the major headache for fergie in scholes' absence and arguably has been for 5 years. i think the 30m spent on berbatov would have been better spent on a modric type player. giggs will be the stop gap but little more than that (fine pass for rooney's goal). anyone think rooney could flourish in the attacking / creative midfield role? i think that's where he'll end up later in his career
Fabio is out at the moment with a shoulder injury - I think he is expected back in around 6 weeks.

Is anyone else starting to get cheesed off with Nani??  Yes we can see he has talent, but he constantly seems to choose the wrong option.  I also dont agree that ronaldo was just as bad in his first couple of seasons

I thought Nani was a disgrace last night. His ball retention was probably the worst I've ever seen. Every time he hit a cross it was straight to the 'keeper, and if he didn't cross he hit a pathetic shot wth a defender two yards away which was inevitably blocked. He needs to grow up fast.
United weren't great but done what they had to do. Glad to see Ferdinand having a go at Rafael telling him to stay on his feet at one stage. We need a lot of leaders and Giggs should help with that for the next few months. Anderson is another who has appeared to have disappointed Fergie somewhere along the line but he will really need him now. Still think Brown is a better bet at full-back than Neville.

ExiledGael

Quote from: hardstation on October 01, 2008, 08:25:33 PM
Disgrace is a strong word.

The goat is being paid probably in the region of 45 grand a week and you could count the number of times he retained the ball on one hand against Aalborg. Not once did he go by his man, taking him on with men inside and he was dispossessed every single time. He is a disgrace.

ExiledGael

Oooooooh, bit of a bitching session on the go now.
Perhaps it was a strong word to use but he was worse than bad.
Blindly ignorant at best. In relation to his considerable (IMO) talent I thought he disgraced himself.

Champ15

One thing about Nani that really annoys me is that he can never deliver a good corner. he consistently fails to beat the first defender and when he does he usually over hits them!! This has happened on a regular basis since he signed not just on Tuesday nite.Surely if Fergie has designated him to take them then he is practicing them at training but it doesnt look this way to me!! Surely we have better set piece deliverers in the team.
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

118cmal

I totally agree champ15.  Nani's delivery is brutal at times.  I know that everyone sometimes delivers poorly but Nani consistently fails to beat the first man.  Its very frustrating to watch  >:(

But fergie generally isnt wrong about players so hopefully he'll improve with time.

Do u guys think tickets will be hard to come by for the Sunderland game at home?  We have two tickets sorted, just need another two!

full back

Quote from: 118cmal on October 02, 2008, 02:23:40 PM
But fergie generally isnt wrong about players so hopefully he'll improve with time.

I think Fergie persists with players even when he has got it wrong, just in an attempt to prove himself right

J70

I totally agree champ15.  Nani's delivery is brutal at times.  I know that everyone sometimes delivers poorly but Nani consistently fails to beat the first man.  Its very frustrating to watch  >:(

Ronaldo and Giggs weren't great at the crosses in their early days either.

118cmal

Quote from: J70 on October 02, 2008, 02:31:58 PM

Ronaldo and Giggs weren't great at the crosses in their early days either.

Fortunately I cannot remember Giggs' early days  :P but i dont think ronaldo was as bad!

The one thing i will say though is that ronaldo got a steady run of games in his early days.  Whereas nani has had giggs and park for competition, ronaldo had a free reign (maybe fletcher and kleberson his opposition??)

Quote from: full back on October 02, 2008, 02:25:28 PM

I think Fergie persists with players even when he has got it wrong, just in an attempt to prove himself right

I'm not too sure about that.  The only player that i can think of that fergie has stuck with for years that hasnt came good is o'shea.  fletcher/park have came good, whereas most of the other underperformers (Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson) were sold on pretty swiftly

corn02

Quote from: Champ15 on October 02, 2008, 02:02:12 PM
One thing about Nani that really annoys me is that he can never deliver a good corner. he consistently fails to beat the first defender and when he does he usually over hits them

Replace the word Nani with Liverpool and you are spot on. One thing that always got to me about the Premiership. How can these players not all hit at least credible deliveries, especially from corners.