Author Topic: Man Utd Thread:  (Read 2754508 times)

TabClear

• View Profile
Re: Man Utd Thread:
« Reply #42360 on: December 08, 2017, 02:05:51 PM »
Speaking of Jordan Henderson - when's the last time the England Captain was dropped and hi club won 7-0???  ;D

was wondering about that the other night, last legs for that lad I'd say, workmanlike but wouldnt fit in the Pools long term plans i'd imagine

Dont know about that. I think he will always feature against the "bigger" teams when the front four dont all play. His attitude and willingness to get stuck in is still important in certain games, i just think against the weaker teams he slows the game down too much. LLanna coming back though could hurt him as well.

What happens with Can in January could also impact on his role. If Can does leave (or sign a precontract) as seems likely, Klopp might be less inclined to play him as much.

Thought Can was a good fit for Liverpool.... Henderson is horses for courses type player, every club needs them, as do Utd

I like Can,  technically he is very good and he has a great ability to drive at team down the middle but his positional play is not great.  A Kante/Makele type would be ideal but they are hard to come. I hope he does sign a new contract but I think he clearly sees his future elsewhere so good luck to him.

I'm convinced a lot of the bad press Henderson gets is by people who do not watch the full game.  I have seen most of Liverpool's games this year and the amount of work he gets through is staggering. Generally nothing flashy so the only thing that makes it onto MOTD highlights is the mistakes etc. Funnily enough he is the polar opposite of Pogba.  If you watch Utd's game on MOTD and you will see the 4-5 pectacular things Pogba does during a game and he looks brilliant but you do not pick up on any periods where he disappears/strolls about etc as Seanie alluded to. No matter what is happening in a Liverpool game Henderson will be demanding the ball and getting involved (for better or worse). Not trying to compare the two but just agree it is horses and courses. 3-4 different managers have made him captain of pretty high profile teams so he obviously has something about him.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #42361 on: December 08, 2017, 08:49:44 PM »
It was the same with Lucas for years. People who didnít see all the game didnít realise what he got through. But was a valued player. Underrated by a lot of people.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #42362 on: December 10, 2017, 05:31:35 PM »
Fcuk me Sky are really insulting the people Noel Gallagher football pundit...

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42363 on: December 10, 2017, 05:36:03 PM »
Fcuk me Sky are really insulting the people Noel Gallagher football pundit...

Numbers are falling at sky, havenít watched unless at the pub! NBC do a decent sports show
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #42364 on: December 10, 2017, 05:48:20 PM »
Thats two goals that Lukaku has gifted to Man City today. DeGea unlike last Sunday under worked but find themselves behind and will likely lose.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42365 on: December 10, 2017, 05:49:49 PM »
Good to see this goal... now we will really see what United are made of it makes for a good finish to the game hopefully!

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #42366 on: December 10, 2017, 05:57:16 PM »
Game should be 0-0 poor errors on all of the three goals.

stiffler

• RIP ONL & THE LADS
    • View Profile
« Reply #42367 on: December 10, 2017, 06:09:00 PM »
Joseís negative tactics really burning Utd this year when it matters.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #42368 on: December 10, 2017, 06:26:09 PM »
Two poorly defended set piece goals is what won that game for City. Lukaku had a derby nightmare the sitter he missed summed up his day.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:31:23 PM by Cunny Funt »

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42369 on: December 10, 2017, 06:30:25 PM »
City deserved to win but Utd had chances.. thatís a few games lately that City have won ugly! Good championship winning mentality.

Paddy power paid out last week on City winning the league!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

StGallsGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #42370 on: December 10, 2017, 06:31:48 PM »
Merde!!!

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #42371 on: December 10, 2017, 06:32:12 PM »
Lukaku has been a serious waste of money for Utd

thewobbler

• View Profile
    • Balllyholland Harps GAC
« Reply #42372 on: December 10, 2017, 06:38:16 PM »
Lukaku has been a serious waste of money for Utd

Ah I f**king hate these comments.

Hereís how United play against the rest of the top 6. They absolutely isolate Lukaku and provide no service to his feet, no through balls for him to chase into, no support for his knockdowns,  and no crosses for him to attack.

I donít care how much they paid for him. Today and all the other top 6 matches are not on him. Itís simply not possible to be a matchwinner in these circumstances.

Try, just try to be rational about what youíre watching.

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #42373 on: December 10, 2017, 06:42:24 PM »
It's a first defeat at Old Trafford in 41 games for United and no real surprise to see Manchester City win however I am surprised a record breaking City couldn't score from open play and had to rely on errors for goals. If Van Nistelrooy,Van Persie,Cantona,Rooney at his peak had that Lukaku chance on 86 minutes it would have been 2-2.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #42374 on: December 10, 2017, 06:50:18 PM »
City are on a different level, 4 - 1 wouldn't have looked out of place.

Mourinho doing his Comical Ali post match interview.