Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Imagine the resiliance of a young man who had to endure the cruel blow of going through life with the name Tyrone Mings.
An elbow in the face from Zlatan would hardly make a dent.

According to Zlatan "Mings jumps into my elbow"  ;D

stiffler

Quote from: Boycey on March 04, 2017, 02:59:57 PM
Quote from: stiffler on March 04, 2017, 02:36:18 PM
Early coupon buster this week.

Zlatan deserves a ban for that pen never mind the elbow.

Schoolboy error, never put the early match in no matter how tempting  ;D

Normally don't but didn't think there was a chance Utd dropped points yesterday.

Zlatan was more concerned with mings than scoring goals yesterday.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 04, 2017, 04:39:08 PM
The sending off worked against United. Bournemouth we're wide open with 11, then shut things down when reduced to 10.

Glad Mourinho kept the cool afterwards. A bit of waffle and move on. That's all that's needed.

It sure did, we created 7 or 8 great chances in the first half but once the sending off happened they sat back and we struggled. We showed no composure at all, very disappointing 2nd half.

Once again we did enough to win the game though, goals have been a problem all season and i'm sure he'll put that right in the summer. Points don't reflect our performances but we've got nobody to blame but ourselves.

Don't think we'll finish top 4, too many games will scupper us.

Throw ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 04, 2017, 04:35:20 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on March 04, 2017, 04:32:02 PM
Half the Utd team needs replaced. There are too many donkeys in the squad like Jones, Smalling, Carrick, Rojo, Fellaini etc

Takes a donkey to know a donkey I suppose

Once he suggested Carrick was a Donkey he lost credibility. Past his best - probably, but he has been key to United's best performances for 11 years. Most under rated player United have.

Far East

Quote from: StGallsGAA on March 04, 2017, 11:45:42 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 04, 2017, 06:05:31 PM
Shocking blatant lie by Rooney on Sky earlier. He told he interviewer that  he saw the head stamp but not the elbow incident. The replay clearly shows Rooney was looking the other way when the alleged head stamp happened.

Scouser being dishonest.  Hardly a shocker.

A Spide failing to be funny.  Par for the course

Taylor

Both players deserve bans for what happened.
Mings was for hurdling the player then saw who it was and made sure to stand on him.
Zlatan really nailed him with the elbow and was completely avoidable.

Seems it was started when Zlatan swung Mings around in an off the ball incident couple of minutes earlier.

Both acts were equally dangerous

Boycey

Both players charged, FA submit a claim that standard punishment won't be enough for Mings. They'll probably be merciless on him  ;)

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on March 06, 2017, 04:20:08 PM
Both players charged, FA submit a claim that standard punishment won't be enough for Mings. They'll probably be merciless on him  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top notch Boycey.

Another poor draw, have blighted the team in the league this season. Think JM needs to take a serious look at this during the summer, there has to be more goals added whether that be from Martial or Rashford or bringing someone new in remains to be seen. Miki's injury came at a bad time as he really seemed to be getting into his stride. Hopefully he comes back in just as good form.

TabClear

I wonder will they ask Wayne for his eye witness account if the stamp.

It will be interesting to see where the fa go on this with Mings. Ibra looks like a stone wall 3 game ban.  He looked at Mings and swung the elbow back. Mings is slightly more open to interpretation. In my opininion he knew exactly what he was doing but there is more doubt because of the nature of the passage of play and he was looking at the ball.

I suspect the easy way is 3 games for both but the fa has indicated if Mings is found guilty it will be longer

AZOffaly

Quote from: TabClear on March 07, 2017, 08:40:34 AM

I wonder will they ask Wayne for his eye witness account if the stamp.

It will be interesting to see where the fa go on this with Mings. Ibra looks like a stone wall 3 game ban.  He looked at Mings and swung the elbow back. Mings is slightly more open to interpretation. In my opininion he knew exactly what he was doing but there is more doubt because of the nature of the passage of play and he was looking at the ball.

I suspect the easy way is 3 games for both but the fa has indicated if Mings is found guilty it will be longer

Mings looked down, before he looked at the ball.

Couple of scenarios.

1 - He looked down, saw Ibrahimovic, and knew he had to jump over him. Looked away to follow the ball, and then stood on him. In my view that is reckless, best case scenario. If you know a man is under your feet, you need to watch where you are going to make sure you don't stand on his head.

More likely in my opinion

2 - He looked down, saw Ibrahimovic, and decided to do him. Looked away to follow the ball once he saw where Ibrahimovic was, to have plausible deniability.

Either way, he should get a ban for either reckless dangerous play, or deliberate foul play. I suspect it was the latter, but he'll probably get the suspension for the former.

Maroon Manc

Mings deserves a 10 game ban, no doubt it was deliberate. Anyone who'd accidentally stamp on an opponent would immediately apologise. It sounds like he'll get a 5 or 6 game ban judging by reports. Zlatan is lucky to get away with a 3 game ban although if the ref does his job right neither the Zlatan or Surman incident happen.

Reports that Griezemann is prepared to stay in Spain another season, we're desperate for someone of his ilk. He'd add a lot of goals to the team, there's not too much wrong with our performances since the Chelsea game.

The Stallion

Agree on Mings, he knew what he was doing, and deserves a lengthy ban.

Ibrahimovic should also be banned for the elbow, although in his defence the referee should have sent Mings off before it. But then I suppose you could argue Ibrahimovic attempted a stamp earlier in the game too.

TabClear

Agree with what you say AZ. I think it was deliberate and Mings did it knowing he was likely to stand on Ibra but hoping for the benefit of the doubt because he wasn't looking down at the time of impact.

As for a 10 game ban MM that's excessive.  The worst case scenario for a stamp  is an eye injury due to  studs. That could easily have happened in the elbow as well given the force Ibrahimovic swung at.  An elbow has the potential as well for broken cheekbones/eye socket a la Gary Mabbutt so I don't think you can differentiate the two so widely.

Either way I think they will both get banned and deservedly so. The ref did not cover himself in glory anyway!

Taylor

Did Ibra also try to stamp on Mings in the passage of play?
Looked like there could be a case there

TabClear

Quote from: Taylor on March 07, 2017, 12:03:14 PM
Did Ibra also try to stamp on Mings in the passage of play?
Looked like there could be a case there

Certainly not enough to make a case in my view. It was on the leg as well so nowhere near as dangerous.  I'm sure it was sore though