Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

We've had a lot of players sent off and conceded a lot of penalties when Clattenburg has reffed us in recent years.

gallsman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 31, 2016, 11:31:28 AM
We've had a lot of players sent off and conceded a lot of penalties when Clattenburg has reffed us in recent years.

Yeah, referees are really biased against United.

yellowcard

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 31, 2016, 11:24:35 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 31, 2016, 10:49:14 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 31, 2016, 10:31:15 AM
The most one sided 0-0 I've ever seen. We should have scored at least 5 or 6 times, can't fault the players apart from the finishing. Prior to Herrera getting sent off United were creating a very good chance every 2-3 minutes. I thought Mata and Pogba were superb in the 2nd half and taking Mata off and replacing him with Rooney simply didn't work. I was complaining about the bench before the game and it turned it there was nothing on it that helped in the end. We saw plenty of 0-0's under LVG where we created next to nothing and the football was dire whilst in the 2 home draws against Stoke & Burnley we've played some great football.

Thats the 3rd time this season a ref has shafted us and probably the 2nd time its cost us points so we're certainly due a decision over the next month.

We've got to go on a run and start winning games, looks like we'll have to beat Arsenal & Spurs at home to get us closer to the top 5. I'm not worried yet but if that gap increases to more than 7 points from top 4 then we're in trouble.

Arguably the best display of the season in terms of chances created but the lack of goals is still a major concern. I know Martial is possibly still injured but I would like to see Mata playing behind Martial and Rashford, particularly at home against the minnows. He should at least try this set up in a Europa League match to see how it works. Ibrahimovic is not the future, he is a short term fix and just isn't producing the goods as whilst he hasn't the pace to get in behind defences, a bigger concern is his poor finishing which is usually a strength of his. Rashford i sbeing wasted in a fullback/winger role and the lack of pace in forward areas is leaving things all too predictable as everything is played short and in front. Player wise I do think there is the makings of a good team there but I don't think Mourinho is any closer to finding his best team yet. Europa League could still be important if the gap to the top 4 becomes any bigger.

Zlatan is missing chances but he played very well around the box and linked him well with those around him. I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting any chances. I think with Martial been injured and out of form and Mkhitryan not playing we've seen far too much of Rashford playing wide, I'm sure that will change as the season progresses.

Yes, I've heard this argument about Zlatan still getting into the scoring positions, but in saying that his job is to finish those chances. If he had finished as he should have, against Stoke and Burnley, the gap to the top of the table would be only 4 points. When I watched the highlights again on Saturday night, Ibra was actually heavily involved in the build up but it is all in front of the opponents defence. He doesn't have the pace to run in behind and the reality is that 90% of strikers at his age have been put out to pasture. I don't see it happening as Mourinho seems to have total faith in him, but I just think he should be used far more sparingly.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: yellowcard on October 31, 2016, 11:36:19 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 31, 2016, 11:24:35 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 31, 2016, 10:49:14 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 31, 2016, 10:31:15 AM
The most one sided 0-0 I've ever seen. We should have scored at least 5 or 6 times, can't fault the players apart from the finishing. Prior to Herrera getting sent off United were creating a very good chance every 2-3 minutes. I thought Mata and Pogba were superb in the 2nd half and taking Mata off and replacing him with Rooney simply didn't work. I was complaining about the bench before the game and it turned it there was nothing on it that helped in the end. We saw plenty of 0-0's under LVG where we created next to nothing and the football was dire whilst in the 2 home draws against Stoke & Burnley we've played some great football.

Thats the 3rd time this season a ref has shafted us and probably the 2nd time its cost us points so we're certainly due a decision over the next month.

We've got to go on a run and start winning games, looks like we'll have to beat Arsenal & Spurs at home to get us closer to the top 5. I'm not worried yet but if that gap increases to more than 7 points from top 4 then we're in trouble.

Arguably the best display of the season in terms of chances created but the lack of goals is still a major concern. I know Martial is possibly still injured but I would like to see Mata playing behind Martial and Rashford, particularly at home against the minnows. He should at least try this set up in a Europa League match to see how it works. Ibrahimovic is not the future, he is a short term fix and just isn't producing the goods as whilst he hasn't the pace to get in behind defences, a bigger concern is his poor finishing which is usually a strength of his. Rashford i sbeing wasted in a fullback/winger role and the lack of pace in forward areas is leaving things all too predictable as everything is played short and in front. Player wise I do think there is the makings of a good team there but I don't think Mourinho is any closer to finding his best team yet. Europa League could still be important if the gap to the top 4 becomes any bigger.

Zlatan is missing chances but he played very well around the box and linked him well with those around him. I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting any chances. I think with Martial been injured and out of form and Mkhitryan not playing we've seen far too much of Rashford playing wide, I'm sure that will change as the season progresses.

Yes, I've heard this argument about Zlatan still getting into the scoring positions, but in saying that his job is to finish those chances. If he had finished as he should have, against Stoke and Burnley, the gap to the top of the table would be only 4 points. When I watched the highlights again on Saturday night, Ibra was actually heavily involved in the build up but it is all in front of the opponents defence. He doesn't have the pace to run in behind and the reality is that 90% of strikers at his age have been put out to pasture. I don't see it happening as Mourinho seems to have total faith in him, but I just think he should be used far more sparingly.

Zlatan has aspects of his game that Martial & Rashford don't have and very few players have, I'm happy to keep him in the team; Even against City where he had a quiet first half his pass to Rashford was brilliant and he was heavily involved in the build up to the goal first with winning the aerial battle with Otamendi and then his pass to Mata. Its nothing like the issues we had with Rooney where his all round play was appalling, Zlatan is still contributing.

J70

I've seen some United fans whinging about the three that he gave Liverpool in 2014.

Two of those three were absolutely correct decisions, while the third one which probably wasn't was balanced out a few minutes later when he didn't give a fourth for a nailed-on foul by Carrick on Sturridge.

Rather than crying about the overall stats, perhaps youse would be better drawing attention to specific incorrect decisions he's supposedly made.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on October 31, 2016, 12:26:45 PM

I've seen some United fans whinging about the three that he gave Liverpool in 2014.

Two of those three were absolutely correct decisions, while the third one which probably wasn't was balanced out a few minutes later when he didn't give a fourth for a nailed-on foul by Carrick on Sturridge.

Rather than crying about the overall stats, perhaps youse would be better drawing attention to specific incorrect decisions he's supposedly made.

The referee is only human, give abuse and don't expect that you'll get the marginal home decisions that every team gets at home
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

Referee's make mistakes, best we can hope for is they even themselves out over a season. As it stands we've been unlucky and been on the receiving end of 3 bad decisions of which 2 have probably cost us points, I'm sure that will have changed come the end of the season.

J70

But if United were making their possession and chances count, nothing would be said.

West Brom scored an offside goal against Liverpool last week. It was hardly remarked upon given that Liverpool won the game and were completely dominant. In fact, the only thing really said about the goal was that it was yet another illustration of Liverpool's weakness from crossed balls and set pieces. 

The Stallion

Utd played well at the weekend, unlucky not to win.

Boycey

I see Bastian back in the fold today...

Jeepers Creepers

I don't see why he doesn't just alternate btw Carrick and Schweinstieger if they cant play 2 games on the trott.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on October 31, 2016, 01:46:37 PM
But if United were making their possession and chances count, nothing would be said.

West Brom scored an offside goal against Liverpool last week. It was hardly remarked upon given that Liverpool won the game and were completely dominant. In fact, the only thing really said about the goal was that it was yet another illustration of Liverpool's weakness from crossed balls and set pieces.

Liverpool have a system and a work rate which they get from believing on their manager and it works.. For Utd they need the same belief... they are lacking something
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

What's up with mickyryan then? Injured or other shit going on?

The Stallion

Lol at Liverpool have a system which works. The defence is a complete shambles and they haven't a hope of winning the League under Klopp.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 31, 2016, 02:32:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 31, 2016, 01:46:37 PM

Liverpool have a system and a work rate which they get from believing on their manager and it works.. For Utd they need the same belief... they are lacking something

Yes, but there will be days when they can't put the ball in the net or they're just shit, same as everyone else.

A wrongly given offside goal or a penalty denied might cost them those days. Doesn't mean some referee has it in for them, no matter what blinkered football fans think.