Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Non surprising boring first half of football.

magpie seanie

Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 07, 2016, 01:03:08 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 07, 2016, 12:14:45 PM
At least Martial is up top.

Curse of the GAA Board commentator.

I know. And boy how he has been missed. Playing with no striker (Rooney standing up there nominally) as Rashford is not even on the bench. I understand resting players but fail to win here and you're done. Should have had him on the bench at least. Rubbish so far.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 07, 2016, 01:38:12 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 07, 2016, 01:03:08 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 07, 2016, 12:14:45 PM
At least Martial is up top.

Curse of the GAA Board commentator.

I know. And boy how he has been missed. Playing with no striker (Rooney standing up there nominally) as Rashford is not even on the bench. I understand resting players but fail to win here and you're done. Should have had him on the bench at least. Rubbish so far.

The first half of the game has confirmed to me that LVG needs to go. It's not that he hasn't brought the results, but that the style of play is simply awful, and it doesn't look like he's developing a team. With the exception of Martial, almost all the imports have been ruined by him - Di Maria, Falcao (arguably finished anyway), Depay and Darmian were all well thought of before coming to Utd. And the young players that have excelled have done so through necessity - the likes of Pereira, Wilson and Januzaj can't get into the team or are away on loan when they should be playing with United and forming a side for the future. 

ballinaman

60 mins played. Putrid stuff from United.

magpie seanie

How bad is Rooney? Incredible. Not worth a place in the England squad.

magpie seanie

Roll of the dice here. Januzaj. Can't be worse than Rooney or Memphis.

magpie seanie

Yes! Rooney nearly fucked it up but eventually slipped it to Mata who finished well. Mistake to let Rooney in but United badly needed that. Well done Mata.

magpie seanie

Januzaj told to sit down!

ballinaman

Tactics from United seem to be bore the opposition to sleep and then strike...

Milltown Row2

Poor game, both teams awful.... In fairness to Rooney he's been well dealt with by the Norwich defender.... Loads of possession but nothing up front, its been end of season game that will be forgotten about very quickly....Utd cant afford to lose anymore players through injury
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 07, 2016, 02:16:57 PM
Yes! Rooney nearly fucked it up but eventually slipped it to Mata who finished well. Mistake to let Rooney in but United badly needed that. Well done Mata.

Ah Seanie. Give credit when it is due. Rooney did really well to not take the shot and lay it on for Mata. Great awareness.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 07, 2016, 02:16:57 PM
Thought it was excellent play by Rooney to set up that winning goal.

Boycey

Good to see the Rooney bashing reaching new heights today :-)

Norf Tyrone

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/football/article4743205.ece

Lads this extract of The Adrian Doherty story is free (For now) on The Times website. The full book is out in a few weeks.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Boycey

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 07, 2016, 03:23:55 PM
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/football/article4743205.ece

Lads this extract of The Adrian Doherty story is free (For now) on The Times website. The full book is out in a few weeks.

Looking forward to the book, maybe the wrong turn of phrase as its a tragic story :-(