Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

LVG loses 3 Nil and says Man U will always be bigger than the team they just lost to, because of his team's  history. Probably. But it reminded me of a Man Utd chant at Anfield

You are shit
no one cares about your history...

Maroon Manc

Quote from: seafoid on April 11, 2016, 05:13:42 AM
LVG loses 3 Nil and says Man U will always be bigger than the team they just lost to, because of his team's  history. Probably. But it reminded me of a Man Utd chant at Anfield

You are shit

Spurs haven't won a title since 1961 and looks likely they won't do it again this season. He was asked a stupid question and United will always be a bigger club than Spurs.

As for the game, we offered nothing going forward but that was the way we were set up as we never had any more than one player in the box when we were about to cross it. As soon as Fosu-Mensah went off Spurs became very dangerous down his side, I thought he was excellent; He should have been first choice since xmas, I do think he'll be a centre mid eventually.

If we win all our remaining games we'd probably finish top 4 but we haven't a hope with LVG still here.

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 11, 2016, 10:35:04 AM

You are shit

Spurs haven't won a title since 1961 and looks likely they won't do it again this season. He was asked a stupid question and United will always be a bigger club than Spurs.

As for the game, we offered nothing going forward but that was the way we were set up as we never had any more than one player in the box when we were about to cross it. As soon as Fosu-Mensah went off Spurs became very dangerous down his side, I thought he was excellent; He should have been first choice since xmas, I do think he'll be a centre mid eventually.

If we win all our remaining games we'd probably finish top 4 but we haven't a hope with LVG still here.

Fosu Mensah was the best player on the field prior to the injury, his positioning was excellent and he has. pace, he is a nailed on sure fire starter next season.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

NAG1

Quote from: stew on April 11, 2016, 10:53:55 AM

You are shit

Fosu Mensah was the best player on the field prior to the injury, his positioning was excellent and he has. pace, he is a nailed on sure fire starter next season.

Obviously young talent is not an exact science, but why spend the money on Darmian of you have this lad in the pipe line, doesnt make much sense to me.

Time for the season to be over and the board to decide what is going to happen if anything with the manager.

Maroon Manc

You are shit

He should be although you'd never know if it was Mourinho who was in charge, his versatility should make him popular with whoever is in charge. Ro-Shaun Williams is another youngster who should have be in the squad.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on April 11, 2016, 11:00:26 AM

You are shit

Obviously young talent is not an exact science, but why spend the money on Darmian of you have this lad in the pipe line, doesnt make much sense to me.

Time for the season to be over and the board to decide what is going to happen if anything with the manager.

Fosu-Mensah is not a right back, don't think he's played no more than 3 or 4 games in that position in the u21's. Its hard to make a case for Darmian staying, he's very poor going forward and not exactly that good defensively.

seafoid

You are shit

Question is whether Man U go back to their f**king perch (Copyright A Ferguson) or stay down like Liverpool , polishing the glorious history.
The last downtime Man U had lasted more than 20 years

StGallsGAA

QuoteQuestion is whether Man U go back to their f**king perch (Copyright A Ferguson) or stay down like Liverpool , polishing the glorious history.
The last downtime Man U had lasted more than 20 years

Whilst nothing is impossible (Leicester being a fine example) I think its unlikely that Utd will fade away given their income.  The right manager is the only missing piece of the jigsaw to them challenging for the title every year again. 

BennyCake

You are shit

The man's a tool. I stopped listening to his interviews over a year ago. Trying to bluff everyone. He's fooling nobody, except the United board, it seems.

Walter Cronc

Surely United should be breaking the bank for Pocchetino. Would United fans be content with another year of LVG if it meant getting Poch?

snoopdog

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 11, 2016, 12:41:35 PM
Surely United should be breaking the bank for Pocchetino. Would United fans be content with another year of LVG if it meant getting Poch?
Personally I wouldn't want Pochettino,  what has he done? Got spurs to 2nd in a poor premier league. United need to get rid of lvg.  And mourinho is the only option we need a winner and we need him now. LVG shouldve been gone b4 xmas I'm assuming his contract is a bit like moyes. Fail to get at least 4th spot and your gonew with a smaller pay off.

AZOffaly

I think Mourinho would win the title with United, or at least press very close depending on what Man City, Chelsea and others do. However I think he'd leave a stench around the place when he left, inevitably after about 3 years.

NAG1

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 11, 2016, 12:50:53 PM
I think Mourinho would win the title with United, or at least press very close depending on what Man City, Chelsea and others do. However I think he'd leave a stench around the place when he left, inevitably after about 3 years.

Yeah I dont think there is that 'love' for Mourinho around OT, but it does leave you with the question if not him who?

Why would Poch leave Spurs they are on an upward curve and have a new stadium on the way.

I think any manager coming in is going to have a serious go at the squad and would be a massive turnover of players. Not that I think it is required but I can see it happening.

Who are the other realistic candidates?

AZOffaly

Rafa will probably walk away from Newcastle if/when they go down. :)