Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

It's all about the net spend!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GJL on November 04, 2015, 04:22:00 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 04, 2015, 04:20:36 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 04, 2015, 03:14:58 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 04, 2015, 01:02:36 PM

LVG inherited a back 4 of Rafa, Rio, Vidic & Evra

No he didn't

Technically he did at the time he agreed to take over in May 2014, However, Vidic and Rio were gone by the time he was officially installed after the Dutch were knocked out of the World Cup. Evra was shipped out a week later

This was a mistake IMO.

Agree on Evra, LVG should have tried harder to keep him. The only other player I'd have kept was Wellbeck, he shouldn't have been sold.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 04, 2015, 04:16:14 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 04, 2015, 02:24:58 PM

LVG has spent a lot of money but at the same time has totally changed the squad, improved it and brought down the average age whilst getting rid of most of the big earners at the club and bringing in nearly £100m in transfer fee's.

This is the bit I don't get.
If you want to argue the above in defence of LVG that's fine,(incidentally the signing of Anthony Martial, the most expensive teenager of all time, took Van Gaal's expenditure to £258.7m – almost four times the amount spent by David Moyes)
but then you cant argue in another post

We'll become a better side to watch when we bring in better players

From the team that played Real Madrid in March 2013 only Carrick & De Gea remain. it doesn't take a genius to work out its going to cost a huge sum of money to put that right.

It was a huge rebuilding process that probably won't be complete until the start if next season.

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 04, 2015, 04:20:36 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 04, 2015, 03:14:58 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 04, 2015, 01:02:36 PM

LVG inherited a back 4 of Rafa, Rio, Vidic & Evra

No he didn't

Technically he did at the time he agreed to take over in May 2014, However, Vidic and Rio were gone by the time he was officially installed after the Dutch were knocked out of the World Cup. Evra was shipped out a week later

Vidic and Rio had already decided to go by then and in any case this was hardly their first choice back 4. Phil Jones and Chris Smalling played more than those 2.

deiseach

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 04, 2015, 04:49:24 PM
It was a huge rebuilding process that probably won't be complete until the start if next season.

Next year is your year.

Milltown Row2

Must be bored of Kloop already  :o

Liverpool will make huge inroads to winning the title with the forward thinking management team in place.... Utd need to look onto how they've been doing so well with that ..... Oh wait
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Former United striker Andy Cole battling health problem...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34725206

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2015, 08:46:33 PM
Must be bored of Kloop already  :o

Liverpool will make huge inroads to winning the title with the forward thinking management team in place.... Utd need to look onto how they've been doing so well with that ..... Oh wait

Sure don't be so defensive MR, especially when you don't really support anyone.  ::)
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

deiseach

Liverpool must be doing something right when the Kloop puns are coming out. Or should that be Liverpoo?

JoG2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 03, 2015, 09:21:26 PM
Ashley Young doing what he does best. Embarrassing.

Keane's take on this clown:

"Seen it before far too many times, I think the guy is a disgrace,"
"If he's a Man United player I'm a Chinaman, absolute disgrace, he's done it far too many times."

"Look at that," he pointed at a replay, absolute disgrace. I just hope players are getting hold of him, whether it be the manager, some of the senior players, that shouldn't be accepted at Man United, that's absolutely disgraceful.
"That's not leaving your leg, that's different, the triple somersault he does, he's a disgrace. The other players need to get hold of him saying you don't behave like that playing for Man United"

ALL players should receive retrospective bans. Awful hard to watch

Maroon Manc

I agree Young should be banned although no one mentioned in the media about Rooney's dive earlier on in the half. Costa's dive last night was appalling too especially considering he was through on goal.

Give the players a 3 game ban, it will be cut out within weeks and given any player who dives in a final a 6 month ban without pay. The governing bodies for some reason have no interest in addressing the issue.

muppet

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 05, 2015, 11:15:21 AM
I agree Young should be banned although no one mentioned in the media about Rooney's dive earlier on in the half. Costa's dive last night was appalling too especially considering he was through on goal.

Give the players a 3 game ban, it will be cut out within weeks and given any player who dives in a final a 6 month ban without pay. The governing bodies for some reason have no interest in addressing the issue.

The same with fan misbehaviour.

But then we know what the governing bodies are really about: http://www.wired.com/2015/05/fifa-scandal-explained/
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

That was shockingly bad. And I don't think any fan can be blasé about this in relation to their own team. It's rife. But to be honest, I was coached that as a youngster in soccer. "If you feel contact in the box, go down". I never really bought into it. I'm an attacker, if I'm in the box, I'm going to shoot!

JoG2

100%. Why they don't address it is beyond me. I remember a few years back, an Arsenal player (name escapes me) dived against Celtic in a euro match. Was retrospectively banned. Great, looked like action was finally gonna be taken, until it was overturned! The authorities really need to sort this now

Denn Forever

Was Young not doing this when he first arrived and Ferguson discipled him?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...