Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

No further action is being taken against Aguero.

tiempo

Back in the day when Utd were all conquoring they would face Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, etc. - success starved clubs, and those clubs were going through the wheel of mediocrity, what would happen is that they would go hell for leather for 90 mins v Utd and on occasion get a result. Utd are now fulfilling this role in the league.

They will raise their game v Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool but are found wanting against "lesser" teams. The fault lies at the door of the players, though I don't think LVG is much to write home about either. If these players can put in that effort today but not v Swansea, Southampton, etc. week after week then they are bluffing the bit out. If they did put that effort in each week they would be picking up 3 points much more often.

Shrewdness

tiempo, it would have to be acknowledged that there has been a lot of change at United. A lot of new players have come in and are still trying to settle in. Put that with a new manager trying to implement his ideas and playing style etc and it's all bound to result in some dodgy results in the meantime..I wouldn't necessarily agree that the players haven't been putting in the effort. Some more quality acquisitions in the January and summer windows should see United back as serious title contenders next season.

screenexile

Chelsea should gave been out of sight in fairness. As much as it pains me GNev was spot on. Chelsea by far the best team in the league but their failure to go on and score 2/3 against the better teams will be their undoing.

They were head and shoulders above Utd but didn't drive home the advantage. They'll win the league but anything further is beyond them I'd say.

Was Ivanovic's 'foul' really a foul? Looked dodgy as f**k!

orangeman

Facts ( with Benitez accent )
Manchester United have not lost at Old Trafford since being beaten by Swansea on the opening day.

After nine games, United have one point fewer than at this stage last term under David Moyes.

Saffrongael

Quote from: orangeman on October 26, 2014, 10:33:58 PM

Manchester United have not lost at Old Trafford since being beaten by Swansea on the opening day.

After nine games, United have one point fewer than at this stage last term under David Moyes.

Before today's game United have had as handy a fixture list as you could ask for
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

screenexile

Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2014, 10:47:05 PM
Fact - Van Persie should be doing better for Chelsea's goal.

Fair call. If he stays on the line it's not a goal!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: screenexile on October 26, 2014, 09:55:48 PM
Chelsea should gave been out of sight in fairness. As much as it pains me GNev was spot on. Chelsea by far the best team in the league but their failure to go on and score 2/3 against the better teams will be their undoing.

They were head and shoulders above Utd but didn't drive home the advantage. They'll win the league but anything further is beyond them I'd say.

Was Ivanovic's 'foul' really a foul? Looked dodgy as f**k!

They weren't head and shoulders above United. United shaded the first half, Chelsea the better team in the 2nd half but United created enough chances throughout the game to deserve a point. Ivanovic tripped Di Maria twice, he knew what he was doing. Ivanoivc should have been booked in the first half for tripping Januzaj on the edge of the box.

Bit by bit United are improving, LVG has January & next summer to bring in more quality and get rid of those he doesn't. Fully expect to be challenging for the title this time next year.

Norf Tyrone

That's some record in fairness. Unbeaten at home in 4 in the league. There will be a DVD imminent.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

screenexile

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 27, 2014, 11:01:23 AM

That's some record in fairness. Unbeaten at home in 4 in the league. There will be a DVD imminent.

laceer

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 27, 2014, 11:01:23 AM

John Terry will likely turn up at the launch with his full kit on

beer baron

How many Man Utd fans would have been  accepting of the current points total at this stage of the season with the fixture list we had? Not many i reckon,in fact most would've laughed if anyone suggested it. Can't believe just how little flak Van Gaal is taking.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: beer baron on October 27, 2014, 11:54:31 AM
How many Man Utd fans would have been  accepting of the current points total at this stage of the season with the fixture list we had? Not many i reckon,in fact most would've laughed if anyone suggested it. Can't believe just how little flak Van Gaal is taking.

We've changed the way we've played and half the team is new, I think we've made great progress in the last 2 games. LVG started poorly at Bayern & Barca too, his methods naturally take time to implement. I trust him whereas I never had any faith in Moyes. Why give him flak, he's a vastly experienced managed who's succeeded everywhere he's been. Unless you want rid of him I'd don't see any point to giving him flak.

Shrewdness

LVG deserves every chance to put things right. When he took over, he had to sift through the wreckage of last season and try to rebuild from there. That will take time. A lot of dud players were moved out, some on loan. There are more to go when the opportunity presents itself. Getting really fed up now with Phil Jones and his injuries. Seems he has shin splints now, and will be out for an unknown length of time....It was like old times at Old Trafford yesterday. The opposition crying about not getting a penalty, and United scoring in Fergie time!!

Orior

If the manager cannot fix his own hair, then how is he going to fix the soccer team?

My advice is to comb it forward, not back.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians