Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: laoislad on August 23, 2014, 09:48:28 PM
The transfer fee that's been reported is crazy for a player of his standard.
Real Madrid laughing all the way to the bank.
;D

gawa316

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 24, 2014, 12:49:39 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 24, 2014, 12:33:39 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 23, 2014, 11:13:58 PM
Valencia, Rafeal, Lingard as options.

Won't know until the deadline is finished.

No I mean those 3 will make up the 3 behind RVP. Which one of Mata, Rooney or Di Maria will play furthest right?

Rooney being the right footed player of the 3 probaly, but Di Maria has played on the right wing for Argentina so we'll see

Reading on Espn that deals for DaleyBlind and Nigel De Jong are close.

And that is were it doesn't make sense for me. Pay 50 odd squillion for a player, that will prob mean moving your 'best' or at least your talisman to a position not best suited to him. Do I think he can put in a shift there yes but it's obvious he shouldn't be there. I often thought Gerrard would make an amazing right back in his prime and he undoubtedly would've been our best rb but would I had hoped we went out and broke our transfer record on a world class cm thus meaning Gerrard got shunted to rb? No.

Very good player that will improve Utd just think the money would've been wiser spent elsewhere

Kidder81

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 24, 2014, 01:01:34 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 24, 2014, 12:47:53 AM
He's a fine player alright. A great buy and a lad who never gives up. Some purchase but also some talent not to be playing in the CL.

The fact he's only looking out of madrid now probably hampered some of the big teams going for him.  Most teams have their business done i would say for this window.

I wouldn't agree with that, he has known not to be happy with his Madrid contact for a while now. He has been linked with United and PSG all summer.

Shrewdness

The people complaining about the Di Maria fee would do well to consider the alternative scenario. I'd rather sign a world class player for that fee than see the Glazers siphon off an equivalent amount from the club for their own personal use.

Captain Obvious

Most Ed Woodward has signed so far has been overpriced because of his poor dealings in the first place. How is this guy still allowed to deal in transfers?

DuffleKing

Any quality United buy in the next 6 months will be over priced to off set not offering CL football. Price, within reason, for class players should be largely irrelevant for United at the minute - its just a bit off the Glazer dividend.

United need to suck it up and pay the extra E5/10m in the short term for Di Maria, Hummels, vidal to push back towards the leading pack. The alternative is a long winded vicious cycle of trying to creep back up while balancing the "value" virtue

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 24, 2014, 11:27:10 AM
Most Ed Woodward has signed so far has been overpriced because of his poor dealings in the first place. How is this guy still allowed to deal in transfers?

Woodward is the Glazers' man who makes sure the cash flows in the right direction.  I bet they see him coming in the transfer market too.
He could have bought 3 players for the price of Di Maria but he doesn't have a coherent view of things because that is not his job.

Compare Man Utd to Atlético.

Utd  had far more in income last year than Atlético

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/20/glazers-thrive-manchester-united-flounder-ed-woodward
the year ended 31 March 2014 – £111m made at Old Trafford, £183m reaped by the sponsorships and other commercial sweating, and an extraordinary £128m from broadcasting income – totalling £422m, by far an English football record.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/datablog/2014/apr/15/atletico-madrid-shrewd-transfer-policy-financial-fair-play

"Simeone demanded it; the Champions league campaign and €85m in sales permitted it.

At €30m Antoine Griezmann became Atlético's second most expensive player ever after Radamel Falcao when he joined from Real Sociedad. (Falcao had been bought and sold with the help of a third party, bringing his fee to Atlético down in exchange for over half of the player's registration rights.) Griezmann's signing was a golpe de efecto: a statement of intent that changed the mood. Giddy fans flocked to the Calderón for his presentation.
Others came too. Mario Mandzukic cost €22m from Bayern Munich. Jan Oblak arrived for €16m, Raúl Jiménez and Guilherme Siqueira cost €10m each, Correa €7.5m, Miguel Ángel Moyà €3.5m and Jesús Gómez €2.5m. Cristian Ansaldi came on loan. Nineteen-year-old Saúl has returned from his loan spell at Rayo Vallecano, where he was superb."

If you read that second article the mood at Atlético is light years away from the Glazer crisis .

Atlético is a football team. For its fans, Man Utd is also a football team. But in reality Man Utd is a cash cow for the Glazers.
Why was this allowed to happen ?

Shrewdness

Probably best to curb our enthusiasm about Di Maria until he's actually our player. Still negotiating to be done between the two clubs, not to mention a medical....With all the talk about the various permutations available to Van Gaal, Januzaj is hardly getting a mention, which is unfortunate.

rodney trotter

Welbeck and possibly Hernandez to both leave before the window closes, so I'd imagine Januzaj will feature in  Van Gaals plans during the season in whichever attacking permutation. James Wilson too.

Muck Savage

United don't need Di Maria until they sign two CB's and an CM. Van Gaal is constantly talking about an unbalance team Di Maria doesn't help this. I don't understand this with all the gaps at the back.

laoislad

Man City in for Di Maria.......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GJL

Hard to watch at present. Thank God help is on the way.  :-\

Shrewdness

The sight of Fletcher, Cleverley, Valencia and Young in the same starting line up for a Premier league game sums up how far backwards United have fallen...So much for the easy fixtures we were supposed to have at the start of the season. Two games gone, and we're already 5 points behind Chelsea, and to round it all off, Smalling may have a hamstring injury.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Muck Savage on August 24, 2014, 02:33:30 PM
United don't need Di Maria until they sign two CB's and an CM. Van Gaal is constantly talking about an unbalance team Di Maria doesn't help this. I don't understand this with all the gaps at the back.

Rojo has been signed so that is one defender, Daley Blind will be signed this  weeks probaly, can play centre back, left back or Centre mid., De Jong being lined up too, thats a few gaps filled.

laoislad

Sunderland should have won today, United were awful.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.