Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Quote from: laoislad on August 23, 2014, 09:48:28 PM
The transfer fee that's been reported is crazy for a player of his standard.
Real Madrid laughing all the way to the bank.

Daniel Taylor of Guardian reckons it is higher than first reported, £60m + £10m potential add ons. Terrific player in the right team but good business by Real if they get that fee.

rodney trotter

Nani not off to a great start on his Lisbon return, after missing a penalty.

mouview

Cannot see his signing being a success. Is a player of some ability but isn't in Bale's league (who himself is light years behind CR7). English game won't suit him either.

rodney trotter

Quote from: mouview on August 23, 2014, 10:08:38 PM

Cannot see his signing being a success. Is a player of some ability but isn't in Bale's league (who himself is light years behind CR7). English game won't suit him either.

For a player of "some ability". he had the most assists of any player in the top 5 Leagues in Europe last season with 17 assists. Best player on the field in the Champions League final

whitegoodman

Would this signing mean the end of 3 5 2 and back to 4 3 3 or 4 2 3 1 with Di Maria, Rooney and Mata behind RVP ?

gawa316

That's a tidy front 4 alright but it's behind them that needs strengthening. If they spent the 50 odd million on 2 cb's or a cb and rb they'd be much better off.

If these 3 do play behind RVP who plays right sided as none of those plays are suited to it?

rodney trotter

Valencia, Rafeal, Lingard as options.

Won't know until the deadline is finished.

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 23, 2014, 10:19:25 PM
Quote from: mouview on August 23, 2014, 10:08:38 PM

For a player of "some ability". he had the most assists of any player in the top 5 Leagues in Europe last season with 17 assists. Best player on the field in the Champions League final

He's a world class player, same as Bale. First time in a long while United have actually nabbed one. RVP when fit can trouble that class but his age and injury record made it much less of a stretch in terms of out-lay and competition.

stew

4 4 2 is the best system there is, it provides width. Depth and usually affords good teams the opportunity to get their fair share of possession, LVG lacks the conviction in his so called system, in part because he lacks the ponies. I think
This guy will fail because given his lineout last week and who he brought on he is Moyes light. United are fecked unless he dumps the shite and signs quality central players for the backs and MF.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gawa316

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 23, 2014, 11:13:58 PM

No I mean those 3 will make up the 3 behind RVP. Which one of Mata, Rooney or Di Maria will play furthest right?

Shrewdness

Stew, i agree with your last comment which is what we've all been saying here for ages.. The players that left such as Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra and Giggs were all United legends who simply reached the end of the road.. But i find it annoying that the likes of Fellaini, Cleverly, Young, Anderson and even Valencia have not been sold. I think appointing Fletcher as vice captain was a mistake. He's well past his best, as is Carrick. A lot of sorting out still needed.

Carmen Stateside

Di Maria will be a great signing for ye boys.  how much it going to cost? Still doesn't sort out the problems in centre of park or at the back.

ONeill

He's a fine player alright. A great buy and a lad who never gives up. Some purchase but also some talent not to be playing in the CL.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rodney trotter

Quote from: gawa316 on August 24, 2014, 12:33:39 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 23, 2014, 11:13:58 PM

No I mean those 3 will make up the 3 behind RVP. Which one of Mata, Rooney or Di Maria will play furthest right?

Rooney being the right footed player of the 3 probaly, but Di Maria has played on the right wing for Argentina so we'll see

Reading on Espn that deals for Daley Blind and Nigel De Jong are close.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: ONeill on August 24, 2014, 12:47:53 AM
He's a fine player alright. A great buy and a lad who never gives up. Some purchase but also some talent not to be playing in the CL.

The fact he's only looking out of madrid now probably hampered some of the big teams going for him.  Most teams have their business done i would say for this window.