Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 13, 2014, 02:04:44 PM
Sorry, Falcao, yeah. Well there is lots of attractions in Monaco, huge money too. City signed Aguero when a lot big names were after him. They weren't in the Cl at the time.
Yip, money talks.
Between transfer fee and 5 year contract, City stumped up £100m for Aguero.
Most players could be persudaded to give up one year out of the CL in return for bags of cash.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Hound on February 13, 2014, 02:15:30 PM
Sorry, Falcao, yeah. Well there is lots of attractions in Monaco, huge money too. City signed Aguero when a lot big names were after him. They weren't in the Cl at the time.
Yip, money talks.
Most players could be persudaded to give up one year out of the CL in return for bags of cash.

City were pretty much guaranteed success though with their money, united are not. Likewise they are not in the same league as PSG & Monaco when it comes to wages
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

EC Unique

The experts all coming in with their views now I see ::). What defines a 'real' fan these days anyway? How many replica shirts have you got? A 'YNWA' twatoo? Back window stickers?

Moyes will get at least next season to prove himself. Utd have proved in the past that sticking with a manager pays off and other clubs have proved that jumping from manager to manager is not the answer. The thing is sacking a manager you must replace him with a better candidate.

ballinaman

Quote from: EC Unique on February 13, 2014, 02:20:51 PM
The experts all coming in with their views now I see ::). What defines a 'real' fan these days anyway? How many replica shirts have you got? A 'YNWA' twatoo? Back window stickers?
I just got this done and I'm a United supporter.....

imtommygunn

Moyes will get at least next season to prove himself. Utd have proved in the past that sticking with a manager pays off and other clubs have proved that jumping from manager to manager is not the answer. The thing is sacking a manager you must replace him with a better candidate.

Proved once.

I think he'll not last past the summer which is a real pity as I like him. Would be happy to be proved wrong but not so sure.

The game ain't the same as it was 20 years ago. So much more money involved. Fall behind short term then and your competitors didn't gain 100s of millions on you (and a massive amount of clout in the transfer market which is probably more relevant here). One team got european cup football then. Four do now. That's four teams getting the leg up on you.

nrico2006

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 13, 2014, 02:19:05 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 13, 2014, 02:15:30 PM
Yip, money talks.

City were pretty much guaranteed success though with their money, united are not. Likewise they are not in the same league as PSG & Monaco when it comes to wages

Not many players want to play in France though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

I'm not a player who can beat men and I'm not a player who puts in lots of tackles...

Classic...

ballinaman

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2014, 02:41:38 PM

Proved once.

I think he'll not last past the summer which is a real pity as I like him. Would be happy to be proved wrong but not so sure.

The game ain't the same as it was 20 years ago. So much more money involved. Fall behind short term then and your competitors didn't gain 100s of millions on you (and a massive amount of clout in the transfer market which is probably more relevant here). One team got european cup football then. Four do now. That's four teams getting the leg up on you.
Spot on.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2014, 02:53:02 PM
I'm not a player who can beat men and I'm not a player who puts in lots of tackles...

Classic...
He'll be grand once he gets use to the hustle and bustle of the Premier League........
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

beer baron

In fairness to Tom he was better than plenty of lads playing last night from both sides but because he's Tom Cleverley he was automatically shite in a lot of peoples eyes  ::)

screenexile

As opposed to yourself who is Manchester born and rared and been to more Man U games than Errigal Ciaran and Tyrone put together!

Jesus that does my nut in... just because you decided one day to support Man U doesn't mean you know any more about football than anyone who supports Accrington Stanley so everyone else's opinion is just as valuable/invaluable as yours! We've all probably watched as many games on TV as you!!!

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 13, 2014, 02:43:00 PM

Over the last few seasons:

Falcao, Cavani, Ibra, Pastore, Veratti, Thiago Silva, Moutinho, Rodriguez, Marquinhos and Lavezzi have all signed for PSG or Monaco. If the money is right, they will move there.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: gallsman on February 13, 2014, 03:07:27 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 13, 2014, 02:43:00 PM

Over the last few seasons:

Falcao, Cavani, Ibra, Pastore, Veratti, Thiago Silva, Moutinho, Rodriguez, Marquinhos and Lavezzi have all signed for PSG or Monaco. If the money is right, they will move there.

You forgot Joe Cole!