Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 13, 2014, 09:51:53 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 13, 2014, 08:24:09 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 12, 2014, 11:52:17 PM
A Man United fan in denial, that explains that so.
It's funny isn't it Dinny. Being a Man U fan in the past meant you could associate yourself with success even if you came from a county that is not Kerry or Kilkenny. I suppose it must be hard now for some to get used to the new misfiring reality. Man U always used to score and now they may or may not.

A bit like Laoislad above I am enjoying the demise and I think some Man United fans are going through the 5 stages of grief.

Some are in denial, some are just angry, some are bargaining (if we had RVP fit, if only), some are depressed and some have just accepted it.

Schadenfreude sums it up.

It was Carrick and Fletcher for a while as well.
Fletcher FFS, isnt fit to tie the laces of the united midfielders of the 90's
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

NAG1

Quote from: gallsman on February 13, 2014, 10:14:51 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 13, 2014, 09:59:15 AM
Sadly it appears my fears about Mata are being confirmed. As with Kagawa, he is being played out of position and only flitting in and out of the game. He is such a good player he will probably still make a contribution but seriously - why spend 37M on a guy and try to get him to do somethnig other than what made him a 37M player? Crazy.

Moyes said in the press conference last night that Mata had been United's best player in the last three games. Shocking.

Watching the game last night and the lack of action led me to watch Rooney and Mata and the positions they were taking up and the runs they were making. Both have the same inclination and as soon as one of the midfielders had the ball they took up nearly identical positions and made very similar runs. Going to take a bit of time I think to work out what way that combo is going to work best.

I never thought I would say this but Mata I think would link up better with Welbeck, simply for the fact that he is dying to play those slide rule passes down the side of the centre backs but RVP hasnt got the pace to exploit them Welbeck has. Not saying that Welbeck is a better play than RVP, but a pacey 'Welbeck' type player would bring more out of Mata I think anyway.

deiseach

Apropos of nothing, I'm guessing Mata is cup-tied in the CL?

EC Unique

Quote from: NAG1 on February 13, 2014, 10:22:15 AM
Sadly it appears my fears about Mata are being confirmed. As with Kagawa, he is being played out of position and only flitting in and out of the game. He is such a good player he will probably still make a contribution but seriously - why spend 37M on a guy and try to get him to do somethnig other than what made him a 37M player? Crazy.

Moyes said in the press conference last night that Mata had been United's best player in the last three games. Shocking.

Watching the game last night and the lack of action led me to watch Rooney and Mata and the positions they were taking up and the runs they were making. Both have the same inclination and as soon as one of the midfielders had the ball they took up nearly identical positions and made very similar runs. Going to take a bit of time I think to work out what way that combo is going to work best.

I never thought I would say this but Mata I think would link up better with Welbeck, simply for the fact that he is dying to play those slide rule passes down the side of the centre backs but RVP hasnt got the pace to exploit them Welbeck has. Not saying that Welbeck is a better play than RVP, but a pacey 'Welbeck' type player would bring more out of Mata I think anyway.

That would be fine to get the ball to Welbeck but his finishing is poor!

seafoid

It's funny isn't it Dinny. Being a Man U fan in the past meant you could associate yourself with success even if you came from a county that is not Kerry or Kilkenny. I suppose it must be hard now for some to get used to the new misfiring reality. Man U always used to score and now they may or may not.

A bit like Laoislad above I am enjoying the demise and I think some Man United fans are going through the 5 stages of grief.

Some are in denial, some are just angry, some are bargaining (if we had RVP fit, if only), some are depressed and some have just accepted it.

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse at the theatre of dreams.

ardal

Quote from: seafoid on February 13, 2014, 10:45:35 AM

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse at the theatre of dreams.
Optimistic so :'(

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2014, 10:43:17 AM

Yes, I understand he is.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2014, 10:43:17 AM

Yes, correct.

NAG1

Quote from: EC Unique on February 13, 2014, 10:43:47 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 13, 2014, 10:22:15 AM

That would be fine to get the ball to Welbeck but his finishing is poor!

Yeah he is in the Andy Cole school of finishing thats for sure, but it is the type of ball that he or a striker of his type would like to run on to and it is the type of ball that Mata looks to play but cant at the moment.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2014, 10:09:33 AM
Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2014, 10:07:05 AM
The lack of animus towards Moyes is incredible. Man Utd fans really do believe this "we don't sack managers" sh1t!

Maybe a bit admirable too. In an odd way. I know LFC fans pride themselves on their patience and understanding the game so maybe this is similar. Roy Hodgson is the only time I've seen Liverpool fans completely and utterly turn against a manager in a short time, and that was deserved. Maybe Moyes deserves that sort of treatment, or maybe the United fans are right.
I'd hazard a guess the majority of United fans would be happy to see him gone in the morning.
Most though won't say it because sure it isn't the United way to sack managers and you can't be seen to go against that  ::)
I noticed on here a few months back that someone posted that they were at a game in Old Trafford and they reported back that the 'real' fans were still behind Moyes, after that post there was a flurry of posts backing Moyes as if some were trying to prove they were real fans by supporting Moyes.
If I was a United fan I'd want him gone asap. As a Liverpool fan though I want him to stay at United for a long time  :)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on February 13, 2014, 11:26:25 AM
I'd hazard a guess the majority of United fans would be happy to see him gone in the morning.
Most though won't say it because sure it isn't the United way to sack managers and you can't be seen to go against that  ::)

I think you might have it there.

NAG1

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2014, 10:09:33 AM
Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2014, 10:07:05 AM
The lack of animus towards Moyes is incredible. Man Utd fans really do believe this "we don't sack managers" sh1t!

Maybe a bit admirable too. In an odd way. I know LFC fans pride themselves on their patience and understanding the game so maybe this is similar. Roy Hodgson is the only time I've seen Liverpool fans completely and utterly turn against a manager in a short time, and that was deserved. Maybe Moyes deserves that sort of treatment, or maybe the United fans are right.
I noticed on here a few months back that someone posted that they were at a game in Old Trafford and they reported back that the 'real' fans were still behind Moyes, after that post there was a flurry of posts backing Moyes as if some were trying to prove they were real fans by supporting Moyes.
If I was a United fan I'd want him gone asap. As a Liverpool fan though I want him to stay at United for a long time  :)

Thanks for the input LL

United like Liverpool and every other EPL club could be seen to have 'Real' fans and those that follow the club from a distance. United because of its success in recent times and the explosion in world wide terms of the English game, have gathered a large amount of followers, as would any of the other clubs had they been as successful in that period.

I for one dont see this as a negative. Its always been used as a stick to beat United with but that is one of the things that comes with being successful. I would say most fans/ followers would be prepared to give DM the time to prove if he can do the job and after a period of time if it is seen that he isnt up to it then it will be time to look else where.

I for one always listen more strongly to the away support at the games and they have been more than vocal in their support of DM and that to me is a good sign post.

rodney trotter

Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2014, 11:33:10 AM

Not really. Utd were always going to Moyes a full season. Ferguson was there 27 years after all, obviously results havent been great, but I would judge Moyes more so next season when he can build his own side in the summer. They will still be able to attract players regardless of not being in the CL, other top European Clubs proved that, Monaco and their money enticed Cavani when he could have went to Chelsea and been in the Champions League.

Minder

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 13, 2014, 01:52:40 PM
Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2014, 11:33:10 AM

Not really. Utd were always going to Moyes a full season. Ferguson was there 27 years after all, obviously results havent been great, but I would judge Moyes more so next season when he can build his own side in the summer. They will still be able to attract players regardless of not being in the CL, other top European Clubs proved that, Monaco and their money enticed Cavani when he could have went to Chelsea and been in the Champions League.

Is Cavani not at PSG? You must be thinking of Falcao. I would say the tax conditions for a footballer in Monaco would be a big plus.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

rodney trotter

Sorry, Falcao, yeah. Well there is lots of attractions in Monaco, huge money too. City signed Aguero when a lot big names were after him. They weren't in the Cl at the time.