Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

I'm sure the City fans will be amused that Howard Webb is reffing the Newcastle game!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: EC Unique on May 02, 2012, 09:38:46 AM
I'm sure the City fans will be amused that Howard Webb is reffing the Newcastle game!

Will he be taking the Newcastle team talk?

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on May 02, 2012, 09:38:46 AM

He has a big point to prove after been dropped for the derby.

NAG1

Think holding out any hope of a Newcastle result is more than fanciful at this stage.

ballinaman

Aye, very unlikely.

Newcastle - Chelsea game tonight could influence it. If Chelsea go out and beat them which i expect them to do, City will have it handy on Sunday.

4-2 with 7 mins to go against Everton was the key loss of points.

Bingo

Quote from: ballinaman on May 02, 2012, 10:28:55 AM
Aye, very unlikely.

Newcastle - Chelsea game tonight could influence it. If Chelsea go out and beat them which i expect them to do, City will have it handy on Sunday.

Thought Gary Neville make a good point the other night that if it comes down to goal difference, Fergie will be sick as it is one of his mantra's - if winning 2-0, go for 3-0, if winning 3-0 go for 4-0. You can see that over the years. To this effect the collapse in the closing stages in the 6-1 will be the difference.

If indeed it comes to that.

sammymaguire

If United beat Swansea 5 or 6-0 on Sunday and City beat Newcastle by only 1 or two, then Sunderland they will lie down for United and QPR may still be battling to save their PL status.  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

NAG1

QPR would need to park two buses in front of the goal to prevent a landslide victory by city, can see that one being anything 4 or 5 upward.

So many times points were just gifted away during the season, not turning on Fergie but a blind man could tell you the squad needs beefing up and Monday nights team reflected that more than most.

Right back and Centre back in their first high pressure game - two guys who have given alot to united but dont have the stamina for 90mins of this level. Park playing this game as a one off more or less.

Had it not been for Carrick united would have had no possession whatsoever in the game, at one stage he was playing against city on his own.

nrico2006

What I found strange was the number of 'rusty' players who played on Monday, players who have had little game time in months.  Jones, Smalling, Nani and Park all played, you might get away with one player coming into the team after a while out, but not 4.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sammymaguire

Quote from: NAG1 on May 02, 2012, 01:47:37 PM

Had it not been for Carrick united would have had no possession whatsoever in the game, at one stage he was playing against city on his own.

I think that's a tad harsh on the back 4, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra and Jones to a certain extent too, did keep Nasri, Aguero, Silva and Tevez relatively quiet. The main problem was midfield and up front... Carrick stood out cos Nani, Park, Giggs and Scholes were almost totally ineffective and spent most of the evening chasing around after Gareth Barry and Yaya moreso... Rooney was lost on his own up front and got frustrated very early on. United were playing for an early goal and when that didnt come, and Kompany's header hit the back of the net, it was clear to see the despair on the faces and body language of the men in red, they knew the game was lost at that point. Which is a shocking thing to admit being a United fan.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Farrandeelin

city will score around 10/11 goals in their last two games and concede none.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Aye, very unlikely.

Newcastle winning at the minute, no surprise considering that Chelsea play in two finals soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2012, 09:13:49 PM
Aye, very unlikely.

Newcastle winning at the minute, no surprise considering that Chelsea play in two finals soon
Yeah they have one eye on the cup finals. Lampard,Cole,Mata,Drogba,Essien all rested tonight.

ballinaman

I'm not getting my hopes up anyways! Tiote off injured, looked to be serious so he'll be a major loss for the city game. Cisse though... :o

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ballinaman on May 02, 2012, 09:52:11 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up anyways! Tiote off injured, looked to be serious so he'll be a major loss for the city game. Cisse though... :o
He's Newcastle best midfielder a boost for City.