Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

On the up side at least Utd have the chance to complete the treble of European trophies as this is a competiton they have never won before. ;D

For a bonus point which 4 teams have won all 3 european trophies?

onefaircounty

Quote from: Orangemac on December 08, 2011, 11:47:19 PM
On the up side at least Utd have the chance to complete the treble of European trophies as this is a competiton they have never won before. ;D

For a bonus point which 4 teams have won all 3 european trophies?

Havn't a clue, we have never won cup winners I dont think so we're out

I'll throw Monaco and Porto into the mix, and AC Milan.

RealSpiritof98

the only chance utd had of winning the league was City qualifing for the next round, I think city will win it by 15 points now.  We won the league last year with an average midfield and now that scholes is gone we have no guile whatsoever.  Its time to buy a few midfielders as I think Jones and smalling will develop into great defenders. p.s I think young cleverly has been a big miss, he was great in pre season and 1st few weeks of season.

Norf Tyrone

I missed the craic on here last night. Sigh.

Seemed only a week ago that AVB was the man with aging team and under pressure.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 09, 2011, 12:30:01 AM
I missed the craic on here last night. Sigh.

Seemed only a week ago that AVB was the man with aging team and under pressure.

It was. And it will be again if they f**k it up this weekend! Sure Liverpool were well on the up until the Fulham game. United were going to walk the league according to some in this place in August. People seem to forget the season lasts until May.

Billys Boots

QuoteFor a bonus point which 4 teams have won all 3 european trophies?

Which 3 trophies: Champions Cup, Champions League, Cup Winners Cup, UEFA Cup, Europa League, Fairs Cup?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

BennyCake

Vidic has played his last game for United. Don't like to see any player badly injured, but he wont be missed. United's season is fecked anyway.

orangeman

Quote from: BennyCake on December 09, 2011, 10:09:06 AM
Vidic has played his last game for United. Don't like to see any player badly injured, but he wont be missed. United's season is fecked anyway.

???

Bingo

Massive blow for United - Vidic is without doubt the leader of the United Defence, if not the team. I can't see Rio filling his boots - injuries and age seem to hace caught up with him this season.

I guess we'll see how good Jones is now, been impressive to date but he'll have to go up another level now.

seafoid

gawa316

Quote from: seafoid on December 09, 2011, 10:42:23 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on December 09, 2011, 09:44:26 AM
Worst fears realised

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16079897.stm

That link says sport1/hi/football/
I presumed it was about Fermanagh GAA

It does indeed hi but is that not an Antrim thing 'like'?

ross4life

Huge blow losing vidic for the season is at least -10 points a bigger blow than the cl exit!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Bingo

Quote from: ross4life on December 09, 2011, 10:58:45 AM
Huge blow losing vidic for the season is at least -10 points a bigger blow than the cl exit!

You think a top 4 place is at risk? I still think they will finish top 2.