Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

There will be plenty of divers on show anyways Busquets, Macherano, Alves, Pedro and of course Nani. Should be a good one.

thejuice

I know it might be different for the team but the Barca fans I know had their final last night. Cup isn't worth as much as knocking out Madrid. It's historic & it's political as well as a sporting rivalry.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

screenexile

This reminds me a bit of Hatton Mayweather at the time . . . "Hatton is a lot better than you think, he's more than just a brawler and Mayweather is too hyped up and definitely I honestly think Hatton will win"

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear . . . Carrick, Park & Rafael not up to it at this level and Giggs not anymore if you're going by new devils team.

United will be TOTALLY outclassed, just like that other Manc twat!

Orangemac

Quote from: Minder on May 04, 2011, 10:08:10 PM
I am not in any way on the wind up, but how does anyone see Utd having enough of the ball or indeed a strong enough midfield to win this game? "We have Fergie'' etc does not count as an answer.
United beat Barca in 2008 despite having only about 35% of possesion at Old Trafford, not to mention the 1999 final v Bayern when they were completely outplayed.

Barca in 2009 had Eto as a cutting edge in attack, Villa likes to come wide for the ball. If United can keep their discipline and shape they will get a couple of chances and in Rooney and Chicarito have the players to capitalise.

I would agree that United can't afford to fall behind as if the game opens up it will be nigh on impossible.

Fergies big decision will be to play Chicarito with Rooney or Rooney on his own with Park and Valencia out wide. I don't think Nani will start.

Chicario will give Barcelona something to think about with his constant running but Fergie may prefer to have an extra body in midfield and bring him on with 20/25 mins to go.

If Fergie comes out on top in this game it will go down as his greatest achievement.

new devil

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2011, 10:37:20 PM
This reminds me a bit of Hatton Mayweather at the time . . . "Hatton is a lot better than you think, he's more than just a brawler and Mayweather is too hyped up and definitely I honestly think Hatton will win"

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear . . . Carrick, Park & Rafael not up to it at this level and Giggs not anymore if you're going by new devils team.

United will be TOTALLY outclassed, just like that other Manc t**t!

Clearly you don't watch much football

screenexile

Quote from: new devil on May 04, 2011, 10:40:48 PM

I do you see and this season I have rarely seen Park finish a game, in fact in a season of 40 odd games he's finished less than a quarter of them. He does a lot of running around and not much else imo, as for Rafael well he is similar in terms of game time. I like him though and I think he will be a class act in time, he is too rash though and playing against Barca is likely to get red carded once he gets nut megged a few times.

Giggs was a class act and no doubt he has been a revelation for a man of his age in the Premier League, this is a huge step up though and he would not be able to cut it from the start against these lads, an impact sub maybe but not from the start. However if you put Nani on will he give Evra or Rafael enough cover?? who knows!!

Utd don't have the class for this one . . . what others are forgetting about when they talk about 2008 and 1999 are that these were pretty much miracle performances and extremely lucky. Nothing to do with tactical ability or having great teams. Luck pure and simple!!

ardal

Luck :D

utd planned to play crap and score 2 in the last few seconds in '99.

Pure genius

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2011, 11:09:38 PM

I do you see and this season I have rarely seen Park finish a game, in fact in a season of 40 odd games he's finished less than a quarter of them. He does a lot of running around and not much else imo, as for Rafael well he is similar in terms of game time. I like him though and I think he will be a class act in time, he is too rash though and playing against Barca is likely to get red carded once he gets nut megged a few times.

Giggs was a class act and no doubt he has been a revelation for a man of his age in the Premier League, this is a huge step up though and he would not be able to cut it from the start against these lads, an impact sub maybe but not from the start. However if you put Nani on will he give Evra or Rafael enough cover?? who knows!!

Utd don't have the class for this one . . . what others are forgetting about when they talk about 2008 and 1999 are that these were pretty much miracle performances and extremely lucky. Nothing to do with tactical ability or having great teams. Luck pure and simple!!

:D :D :D :D

I presume that is a very poor attempt at a wind up?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Blowitupref

As they say you make your own luck! 99 & 08 teams remained unbeaten through the whole CL campaigns & if they win it this year the same will happen again. can't say that about Barcelona.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

screenexile

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 04, 2011, 11:16:12 PM
As they say you make your own luck! 99 & 08 teams remained unbeaten through the whole CL campaigns & if they win it this year the same will happen again. can't say that about Barcelona.

Next thing you're going to tell me that Liverpool were the best team around in 2005  ::) ::) ::)

new devil

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2011, 11:09:38 PM

No wonder you having seen Park finish many games, He missed half the season through injury!! I rest my case

magpie seanie

This thread has totally gone to hell altogether.

Blowitupref

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2011, 11:38:48 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 04, 2011, 11:16:12 PM

Next thing you're going to tell me that Liverpool were the best team around in 2005  ::) ::) ::)

Your trying to say the 99 & 08 teams only won these cups because of luck when in truth both these teams were worthy European champions & no Chelsea were probably the best side in 2005 however they made their own luck & deserved the European crown.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

screenexile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh6vgkgQ2Ww&feature=related

Here's a 3 minute highlight reel from that final . . . Bayern scored a perfectly good free kick, hit the crossbar and the post and forced 2 saves from Schmeichel. . . United bundled in 2 corners!

The best team lost that day but that can happen in soccer more than any other sport. Fair play to United also as they managed somehow by the grace of god to pull that comeback off. There is no way that I am convinced they deserve to win it though.

Likewise for the final. Barcelona could play them off the park and hit every post  and force 10 saves off VDS while United might score a deflected corner and win . . . there is no scenario in which this United team will convince me they are better than Barcelona!

Blowitupref

Quote from: screenexile on May 05, 2011, 12:07:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh6vgkgQ2Ww&feature=related

Here's a 3 minute highlight reel from that final . . . Bayern scored a perfectly good free kick, hit the crossbar and the post and forced 2 saves from Schmeichel. . . United bundled in 2 corners!

The best team lost that day but that can happen in soccer more than any other sport. Fair play to United also as they managed somehow by the grace of god to pull that comeback off. There is no way that I am convinced they deserve to win it though.

Likewise for the final. Barcelona could play them off the park and hit every post  and force 10 saves off VDS while United might score a deflected corner and win . . . there is no scenario in which this United team will convince me they are better than Barcelona!

Don't need to click the link or been told what happened as i watched it live like millions across the world, must remember United had a make shift midfield for that final.

My point is it's about the whole CL campaign & not just the final.