Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

What you think about the game Tomorrow night norf?
You must be pretty confident of a chelsea win?

nrico2006

All the talk is about Torres or Drogba starting, suppose its good that there is little focus on United.  I would be confident of United progressing if the game was not spoilt by an incorrect call by an officail which has been the case once this season and twice last season. 

As for who I would rather have facing United, it would be Torres all day long.  Drogba seems to be really motivated of late, well maybe angry and an angry Drogba is a dangerous situation.  Torres on the otherhand looks like he lost the blistering pace he once had which is understandable given his injuries and age, and on top of that people seem to believe he has some great record against United.  He has scored in something like two games out of 8 against United, hardly Danny Murphy material.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ExiledGael

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 06, 2011, 10:38:17 AM
Torres on the otherhand looks like he lost the blistering pace he once had which is understandable given his injuries and age, and on top of that people seem to believe he has some great record against United.  He has scored in something like two games out of 8 against United, hardly Danny Murphy material.

Torres recently turned 27, age hardly a factor in anything just yet. Agree he's not the force he was but just like Adebayor last night, I have a feeling he'll do something against the old enemy tonight at some stage. Here's the Chelsea striker records against United. Drogba's is by far the worst:

TORRES
APPEARANCES 7
GOALS 3
MINUTES PLAYED 591
MINUTES PER GOAL 197

DROGBA
APPEARANCES 15
GOALS 2
MINUTES PLAYED 1132

ANELKA
APPEARANCES 24
GOALS 6
MINUTES PLAYED 1724
MINUTES PER GOAL 287

nrico2006

What I meant regarding his age is that loads of players have had similar speed to him and by 27/28 they have lost the speed due to frequent injuries, I am one who thinks we have seen the best of Torres to be honest.  He has played 8 games against United.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

118cmal

So, do we think Scholes will play?

ross4life

Quote from: 118cmal on April 06, 2011, 03:40:32 PM
So, do we think Scholes will play?

I think so especially with fletcher still out & Park always seems to play these type of games.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

United due a win tonight against the chavs, bit like the recent rangers celtic encounters.

fancy utd 2-1.

ross4life

VDS, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Park, Carrick, Giggs, Valencia, Hernandez, Rooney

Subs Kuszczak, Berbatov, Smalling, Nani, Gibson, Scholes, Evans

So Giggs,Park instead of Nani,Scholes
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

118cmal

Surprised with the lineup.  SAF certainly going for a goal.  Hopefully Hernandez can be supplied, if so then he'll score.  Also, with Hernandez playing on the last shoulder, defenders can't play a high line due to his speed and finishing ability.  This leaves Rooney more room to operate between the midfield and forward area.

Well, that's how it works in theory.  Can't see us keeping a clean sheet with that midfield.

new devil

Very happy with that team especially with Hernandez starting....Nani to come on for park at HT if things aren't going well
Bit of a risk with Rafael and Rio but they must be fit or Fergie wouldn't risk them

Minder

Quote from: new devil on April 06, 2011, 06:48:57 PM
Very happy with that team especially with Hernandez starting....Nani to come on for park at HT if things aren't going well
Bit of a risk with Rafael and Rio but they must be fit or Fergie wouldn't risk them

No way would he risk a half fit player in a Champions League quarter final.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

Yea thats true....What do you think minder will Torres get on the score sheet for yous tonight?

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on April 06, 2011, 06:51:07 PM

Fergie did it in 2007 v  Ac Milan.

118cmal

Quote from: ross4life on April 06, 2011, 06:53:49 PM

The defensive injury crisis was a lot worse then

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on April 06, 2011, 06:53:49 PM

I was thinking of Rooney last year.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"