Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 14, 2010, 02:43:41 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2010, 02:41:47 PM
Just saw the two penalties that were not ven to Bolton last night. A bit of a joke really. They were fairly clearcut. I'm sure things have gone against them earlier in the season but the Drogba offside goal against United, Terry getting way with a disgraceful tackle on Milner and those two pens last night are a huge sequence in their favour. Chelsea are no better than United but are just getting the breaks at the right time. If they slipped up last night it was game back on.

That's what is so galling about Liverpool's season. I think this is the best premiership race in a good while, but the worst standard. Only Arsenal (arguably) have improved since last season, and I think United and Chelsea are a lot less formidable. Liverpool are a joke.

Yeah, I'd go long with that completely. It seems like sour grapes to say the standard is lower if your eam is not going to win it but I don't think that's the case here.

ross4life

well i think the Unbeaten Arsenal team in 2003/04 raised the bar as they finished with 90 points since then it's been 95pts, 91pts, 89pts, 87pts and 90pts the league winners has got, Chelsea could finish on 89 points this season

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2010, 04:12:33 PM
Just saw the two penalties that were not ven to Bolton last night. A bit of a joke really. They were fairly clearcut. I'm sure things have gone against them earlier in the season but the Drogba offside goal against United, Terry getting way with a disgraceful tackle on Milner and those two pens last night are a huge sequence in their favour. Chelsea are no better than United but are just getting the breaks at the right time. If they slipped up last night it was game back on.

That's what is so galling about Liverpool's season. I think this is the best premiership race in a good while, but the worst standard. Only Arsenal (arguably) have improved since last season, and I think United and Chelsea are a lot less formidable. Liverpool are a joke.

Yeah, I'd go long with that completely. It seems like sour grapes to say the standard is lower if your eam is not going to win it but I don't think that's the case here.

I would have to agree 100%.  How can a team that's played as "mediocrely" as Chelsea be in with a chance of the Double. :-\
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

nrico2006

Quote from: ross4life on April 14, 2010, 03:07:17 PM
Spanish league top strikers i can't help thinking of a Certain Diego Forlan It took him eight months and 27 games to score that first goal for united but since he left he's won the European Golden Boot twice

Butlook at Torres in Spain, nothing special goals wise yet look at his ratio in England.  Likewise, Morientes scored for fun in Spain, but couldn't replicate that form in England.  I also remember Savo Milosevic being a donkey in the premiership but he did well in La Liga.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 14, 2010, 04:44:39 PM

I would have to agree 100%.  How can a team that's played as "mediocrely" as Chelsea be in with a chance of the Double. :-\

Good to know you agree and heres an example of you agreeing from less than a month ago

QuoteA Quinn Martin Production

Re: The Official Thread of Chelsea FC- FA Cup Winners 2009
« Reply #1621 on: March 17, 2010, 09:47:43 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have to be quick here...no complaints. well beaten by a better team over both games.  But I have to say last night was the worst performance by a Chelsea team I can remember in a long time.  Slow, ponderous, no creativity, first touch poor, second touch worse, passing awful (how many passes went to a team mate at knee height or to an Inter player??), out muscled by Inter too.  Chelsea players looked like they were crapping themselves for the first half hour.  Only Turnbull can hold his head up, he did nothing wrong.  Missed the Drogba sending off so can't comment yet.  Chelsea out played and out fought.  On that performance It's Villa for the Cup and MU for the league!

Man Of The Tie...Javier Zanetti...head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch, hardly put a foot wrong over the 180 mins...not bad for a 52 year old

On a more general point, football at the moment is of a very poor standard if AC Milan and Chlesea are two of the top 16 in Europe. The match was actually very poor.  Also we saw yet more examples of soccer moving towards becoming virtually a non contact sport.  Some of the frees given to both sides were nothing short of ridiculous.

under the bar

QuoteChelsea could finish on 89 points this season

6 of which have been a present from the officials no doubt bought with filthy Ruskie lucre!!  >:(

supersarsfields

United had their fair share of luck this year aswell. Not least the great preformance of OG.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Boycey on April 14, 2010, 05:06:13 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 14, 2010, 04:44:39 PM

Good to know you agree and heres an example of you agreeing from less than a month ago

QuoteA Quinn Martin Production

Re: The Official Thread of Chelsea FC- FA Cup Winners 2009
« Reply #1621 on: March 17, 2010, 09:47:43 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have to be quick here...no complaints. well beaten by a better team over both games.  But I have to say last night was the worst performance by a Chelsea team I can remember in a long time.  Slow, ponderous, no creativity, first touch poor, second touch worse, passing awful (how many passes went to a team mate at knee height or to an Inter player??), out muscled by Inter too.  Chelsea players looked like they were crapping themselves for the first half hour.  Only Turnbull can hold his head up, he did nothing wrong.  Missed the Drogba sending off so can't comment yet.  Chelsea out played and out fought.  On that performance It's Villa for the Cup and MU for the league!

Man Of The Tie...Javier Zanetti...head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch, hardly put a foot wrong over the 180 mins...not bad for a 52 year old

On a more general point, football at the moment is of a very poor standard if AC Milan and Chlesea are two of the top 16 in Europe. The match was actually very poor.  Also we saw yet more examples of soccer moving towards becoming virtually a non contact sport.  Some of the frees given to both sides were nothing short of ridiculous.

And your point is...apart from highlighing my consistency ???
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

magpie seanie

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 14, 2010, 05:34:55 PM
United had their fair share of luck this year aswell. Not least the great preformance of OG.

Is that a serious point?

ross4life

Of those OGS only two you could really say was lucky (won points)  the Sunderland & Arsenal games in Old Trafford
united deserved the points in the other games where the OGS were scored

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on April 14, 2010, 05:58:01 PM

Of those OGS only two you could really say was lucky (won points)  the Sunderland & Arsenal games in Old Trafford

OG often broke the deadlock.

The first goal is the hardest goal to get, as utd fans can testify after the blackburn game!

supersarsfields

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2010, 05:47:10 PM

Is that a serious point?

Is that a serious question?

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on April 14, 2010, 06:24:01 PM

The first goal is the hardest goal to get, as utd fans can testify after the blackburn game!

Uniteds forward pressure caused those OGS they were not lucky other than the one's i already mentioned

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on April 14, 2010, 06:32:46 PM

Uniteds forward pressure caused those OGS they were not lucky other than the one's i already mentioned

your point that only 2 of them goals won points for utd- who's to say that if they never got them OGs that they would have went on to win by a few goals in the same game?

your full of mad dog again

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on April 14, 2010, 06:36:47 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 14, 2010, 06:32:46 PM

your point that only 2 of them goals won points for utd- who's to say that if they never got them OGs that they would have went on to win by a few goals in the same game?

your full of mad dog again

The Sunderland Game they should have won but for Rios brother OG in the 92min & Arsenal game they deserved at least a draw but for that silly OG goal, like i said already united fully deserved the points in other games OGS or not

Btw a OG doesn't turn a game like a dodgy penalty, sending off or offside goal that's allowed can