Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on May 13, 2023, 08:55:46 AM
This is basically a row between 2 people. The football match and Derry GAA are independent of this.
The stakes are very high. RG losing his position on the sideline didn't look likely on Tuesday evening.

In a hypothetical scenario, if someone beats the shite out of someone else who is not able to defend themselves, for example a pregnant woman. Do you describe that as a "row between two people"

If you do that is indeed as stupid an opinion as I've read on here.

JoG2

Mods, can we not have a separate thread away from the GAA / match talk section for those handful of men who want to continuously fill their boots with this story?

ck

This is basically a row between 2 people. The football match and Derry GAA are independent of this.
The stakes are very high. RG losing his position on the sideline didn't look likely on Tuesday evening.

Possibly the stupidest comment I have ever read on here.

seafoid

Quote from: ck on May 13, 2023, 10:08:17 AM

Possibly the stupidest comment I have ever read on here.
FFS. Give me the rest of your top 10 then.

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on May 13, 2023, 09:36:49 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 13, 2023, 09:15:02 AM

As stupid takes go, this is right up there. A row between two people. f**k me.
How can the match be anyway independent of this? He was the manager of Derry. He single-handedly turned them from Div 4 laughing stock in Ulster champions.
Why does something you don't agree with /can't understand have to be stupid? The match was secondary. Taking him out was the goal.

He's best ignored.

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on May 13, 2023, 09:36:49 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 13, 2023, 09:15:02 AM

As stupid takes go, this is right up there. A row between two people. f**k me.
How can the match be anyway independent of this? He was the manager of Derry. He single-handedly turned them from Div 4 laughing stock in Ulster champions.
Why does something you don't agree with /can't understand have to be stupid? The match was secondary. Taking him out was the goal.

Taking him out was who's goal?

grounded

Odds haven't really budged, with Derry odds on favourites at 8/11 and Armagh at 13/8. Is there any value in Armagh? In truth Armagh untested against division 3 opposition so far. Hard to know what team will turn up.
        If its a first half performance as against Down then Derry will bate them well. However they looked the part in the 2nd half and had some good quality coming off the bench.
         You'd have to think Derry still too good, but harder to call than i thought.

LC

I would not be surprised if certain elements of the press have approached NG to get more re 'her side of the story'.  I truly hope that she and / or those around her do not go down this road for her and her kids sake.

imtommygunn

Rags like the Sunday life and the Sunday world will be all over at but it could be a legal minefield too.

I would have had Derry favourites but this week for me has changed that. Not sure how they could focus on the game.

If both focused has the makings of a great game.

armaghniac

Boylesports still have Armagh at 13/8, which was reasonable value even before any disruption of Derry's plans.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

HiMucker

I'd agree, 13/8 is great value if you fancy it as 50/50  game.

Wildweasel74

To be honest I thought we (Derry) would win fairly handy at the start of the week. More this goes on, am not sure now we will win the game. I no problem anybody taking about certain issues, but do it on a seperate thread This thread about the game became total toxic, with more gossip spread, than I heard from any ladies who mentioned it to me in relation to RG.

Armamike

Not many Ulster finals are won fairly handily.
That's just, like your opinion man.

seafoid

Quote from: grounded on May 13, 2023, 01:07:31 PM
Odds haven't really budged, with Derry odds on favourites at 8/11 and Armagh at 13/8. Is there any value in Armagh? In truth Armagh untested against division 3 opposition so far. Hard to know what team will turn up.
        If its a first half performance as against Down then Derry will bate them well. However they looked the part in the 2nd half and had some good quality coming off the bench.
         You'd have to think Derry still too good, but harder to call than i thought.

If Derry can dictate the terms of the game they will win but if they can't anything can happen. A game like this could really make this Armagh team.
Armagh have a goal threat and Derry have been leaking goals recently- I think I read 8 goals in the last 3 matches.
A few goals would make it interesting.

armaghniac

Quote from: Armamike on May 13, 2023, 03:08:03 PM
Not many Ulster finals are won fairly handily.

I do seem to remember one where Armagh won their first for 17 years and some fellow called McConville scored 2-07. Hopefully, his record will be broken tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B