Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: Louther on May 09, 2023, 01:47:03 PM
Quote from: Mario on May 09, 2023, 01:44:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2023, 01:20:42 PM
Quote from: Estimator on May 09, 2023, 01:06:20 PM
Ulster GAA have just confirmed that there will be no tickets released on general sale.

I see a lot of fans/supporters are not happen because the clubs will be handing them out to members, would they not be members of clubs these fans?
A lot of people move away to other counties. They might be a member of a club but not a club in their home county.

Isn't that what a season ticket is/was for? Reward loyalty and access to tickets for club and non club members.

That might work for some.
I can only talk about my own scenario, former club member in Derry. Now live in another county where my kids play and I coach. I pay membership in that club. We are still all Derry fans and go to as many Derry games (and still some club championship games) as possible.
For me to buy season tickets my family to be in with a chance of getting tickets if we get to a final of some sort just seems to risky from an expense point of view.
Is there any such thing as a family season ticket?
My situation is probably similar to many others, but probably not to thousands of others so I can see why as an organisation not that much consideration is given to the likes of me.
As a team gets more successful, it's always going to be more difficult to get tickets which is disappointing. There are plenty of club members who never go to a game, but as soon as a final comes along, the bandwagon starts and those members are first in line for tickets at the expense of others.

Not sure how to fix that.
A start would be to centralise the ticketing system for all games, keep a digital record of ticket purchases for each member and reward frequent buyers with pre-sales maybe? Perhaps a bit too ticketmaster orientated that approach, however, it would be easier to ensure regular match goers are more likely to get tickets for big games.

Orior

Request:

Could all the Derry wans approach Clones via Monaghan town?

That should leave me a nice clear run from Fivemiletown.

Thank you.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 09, 2023, 01:59:07 PM

A start would be to centralise the ticketing system for all games, keep a digital record of ticket purchases for each member and reward frequent buyers with pre-sales maybe? Perhaps a bit too ticketmaster orientated that approach, however, it would be easier to ensure regular match goers are more likely to get tickets for big games.

I think last year that Armagh club games, Ulster club games and Intercounty games had 3 different ticket systems!
If they are going to use electronic tickets then use one system.

1. One ticket system where you logon
2. discount on same for GAA members e.g. 10%
3. GAAGo also to provide discount for GAA members and Season ticket holders e.g. one free game or playback of county games after the event or reduced pass for the season.

-ticket distribution to clubs to deal with people actually working in the club, not one size fits all per club but according to the number of teams fielded etc.

-ticket distribution to mere spectators based on previous attendance, if there is a shortage then people who went to less popular games, including club games, get first shout for more popular games

-As these two groups may overlap then people with multiple eligibility may get a better ticket in the stand or the ability to get some more tickets than others

Done right this would actually make life easier for clubs who wouldn't have hordes descending on them but would have tickets for their core people. The present ticket distribution is not transparent and it discriminates against people who now live outside their county.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Louther

Quote from: lurganblue on May 09, 2023, 01:49:45 PM
Quote from: Louther on May 09, 2023, 01:46:08 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 09, 2023, 01:42:00 PM
Ulster GAA have just confirmed that there will be no tickets released on general sale.

I see a lot of fans/supporters are not happen because the clubs will be handing them out to members, would they not be members of clubs these fans?

Some arent, and i think that's a shame.  If you are a big county supporter and not a club member, perhaps a season ticket should be in your future.

That said, this has been a particular shambles.  Clubs are receiving a massive number of requests from members and thus lots and lots of members cant get a whiff of a ticket.  The demand was there from very early on and Croke Park could have been considered.  Even a double header with the Dubs.

And do you think there will be an extra 10,000 available to each county by moving it to Croke Park as a double header? Should this have just been done this week or last week when Armagh made it?

Sometimes in life everyone can't just get to be where they want to be. You just have to hope you're a lucky one or make alternatives.

What attendance is expected for the Louth game?

It's hard to know. Good talk in Louth but I'd be surprised if it tops 40k.

That leaves another 40k for an Ulster final.

How many more tickets is that each? 3k?

And then the headlines would be about the expenses been put on Derry supporters for a trip to Croke park for the sake of 3k extra tickets. Remember a lot of tickets in Croke park are premium level and corporate which may not even be available this weekend as lot of corporate places just sit on them until the big days. All the regulars will have snapped up the Leinster tickets but ones holding them down the south mightn't even know the games are on.

general_lee

It's hilarious the sense of entitlement of some non-GAA members.
Ask not what your club can do for you.

lurganblue

Quote from: Louther on May 09, 2023, 02:18:39 PM

Some arent, and i think that's a shame.  If you are a big county supporter and not a club member, perhaps a season ticket should be in your future.

That said, this has been a particular shambles.  Clubs are receiving a massive number of requests from members and thus lots and lots of members cant get a whiff of a ticket.  The demand was there from very early on and Croke Park could have been considered.  Even a double header with the Dubs.

And do you think there will be an extra 10,000 available to each county by moving it to Croke Park as a double header? Should this have just been done this week or last week when Armagh made it?

Sometimes in life everyone can't just get to be where they want to be. You just have to hope you're a lucky one or make alternatives.

And then the headlines would be about the expenses been put on Derry supporters for a trip to Croke park for the sake of 3k extra tickets. Remember a lot of tickets in Croke park are premium level and corporate which may not even be available this weekend as lot of corporate places just sit on them until the big days. All the regulars will have snapped up the Leinster tickets but ones holding them down the south mightn't even know the games are on.

28k for Clones.  That would be a significant help for those looking to be at the final. I agree it would have required foresight but i'd say it was doable in a 2 week window.

lurganblue

Quote from: general_lee on May 09, 2023, 02:23:33 PM

I know of more than one club who have just ran an open draw between members. what you put into the club in terms of playing, coaching, maintenance etc were not taken into account.

trailer

The foundations of the GAA is based on volunteerism and the clubs. Those members should always be sorted first. If then tickets are left over for non members then great but if not then it is tough unfortunately.
At least it isn't on GAAGO.

Louther

Quote from: lurganblue on May 09, 2023, 02:24:53 PM

28k for Clones.  That would be a significant help for those looking to be at the final. I agree it would have required foresight but i'd say it was doable in a 2 week window.

Last year was first year that final dipped below 40k in Leinster and then expected mid to high 40s. Will return of Cluxton and others against a bandwagon of Louth take out more Dubs on the day.

Been honest i don't think they'd have been much more than 30k available to both counties. Were Leinster GAA going to hand these over? Dilute their blue ribbon day into a double header? Plus different pricing structures for tickets in both provinces.

Never going to happen and pie in sky even thinking on it.

general_lee

Quote from: lurganblue on May 09, 2023, 02:26:22 PM
Quote from: general_lee on May 09, 2023, 02:23:33 PM

I know of more than one club who have just ran an open draw between members. what you put into the club in terms of playing, coaching, maintenance etc were not taken into account.
I've seen clowns complaining on social media that GAA members were getting preferential treatment over non-GAA members...

How individual clubs allocate their tickets is up to themselves.

Armagh18

is it not even less than 28k now with some heath and safety stuff?

Armagh18

Quote from: Louther on May 09, 2023, 02:29:14 PM

Last year was first year that final dipped below 40k in Leinster and then expected mid to high 40s. Will return of Cluxton and others against a bandwagon of Louth take out more Dubs on the day.

Been honest i don't think they'd have been much more than 30k available to both counties. Were Leinster GAA going to hand these over? Dilute their blue ribbon day into a double header? Plus different pricing structures for tickets in both provinces.

any reason it couldn't have been standalone on thr Saturday then?

tonto1888

Clubs got 114 tickets each. Demand far exceeds that

Louther

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 09, 2023, 02:40:28 PM
Quote from: Louther on May 09, 2023, 02:29:14 PM

any reason it couldn't have been standalone on thr Saturday then?

You can ask them that but assume TV schedules agreed and it's a hot topic these days 😂

JimStynes

Sure isn't it great to see the demand! The boom is back.