Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: balladmaker on May 09, 2023, 09:59:16 AM
I'm not hearing of many tickets doing the rounds, they seem scarce enough.  Doesn't look like any have been returned for general sale via Ticketmaster.  In Armagh, a lot of clubs saying they've been oversubscribed with ticket requests, some saying that demand is 2 to 1, which means a raffle of whatever tickets they have.

My sister's 11 year old got a Hill ticket from their club, but they're obviously not for sending the child onto the hill on their own, so in the search for another hill ticket if anyone has one going spare pls would appreciate a PM, thank you.

Just another reason why we need Casement built. Hope they get sorted.

naka

Quote from: markl121 on May 09, 2023, 12:16:23 PM
Any ideas on the uptake of tickets from the Derry city clubs? Surely wouldn't be the same demand for tickets. Holding out for any hope some go on general sale 🤣
genuinely dont think there will be any on public sale
the amount of requests in armagh for tickets are phenomenal, and as at last saturday my club had received 114 with hopefully some more last night
people seem to forget we are a big supported county and its our first final in 15 years
any derry tickets will be passed to armagh to distribute to the clubs in armagh
we mightnt be favourites but everyone wants to be there just in case 

Walter Cronc

Quote from: naka on May 09, 2023, 12:50:23 PM
Any ideas on the uptake of tickets from the Derry city clubs? Surely wouldn't be the same demand for tickets. Holding out for any hope some go on general sale 🤣
the amount of requests in armagh for tickets are phenomenal, and as at last saturday my club had received 114 with hopefully some more last night
people seem to forget we are a big supported county and its our first final in 15 years

You can rest assured no tickets will be passed from Derry to Armagh. Believe over 600 requested in my club with a ballot required.

oakleaflad

Quote from: naka on May 09, 2023, 12:50:23 PM
I'd say there's zero chance of this happening. Every club i've heard of, large and small, have had more tickets requested than available.

Estimator

Ulster GAA have just confirmed that there will be no tickets released on general sale.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Estimator on May 09, 2023, 01:06:20 PM
Ulster GAA have just confirmed that there will be no tickets released on general sale.

I see a lot of fans/supporters are not happen because the clubs will be handing them out to members, would they not be members of clubs these fans?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2023, 01:20:42 PM

I see a lot of fans/supporters are not happen because the clubs will be handing them out to members, would they not be members of clubs these fans?

Some arent, and i think that's a shame.  If you are a big county supporter and not a club member, perhaps a season ticket should be in your future.

That said, this has been a particular shambles.  Clubs are receiving a massive number of requests from members and thus lots and lots of members cant get a whiff of a ticket.  The demand was there from very early on and Croke Park could have been considered.  Even a double header with the Dubs.

Mario

A lot of people move away to other counties. They might be a member of a club but not a club in their home county.

Louther

Quote from: lurganblue on May 09, 2023, 01:42:00 PM

Some arent, and i think that's a shame.  If you are a big county supporter and not a club member, perhaps a season ticket should be in your future.

That said, this has been a particular shambles.  Clubs are receiving a massive number of requests from members and thus lots and lots of members cant get a whiff of a ticket.  The demand was there from very early on and Croke Park could have been considered.  Even a double header with the Dubs.

And do you think there will be an extra 10,000 available to each county by moving it to Croke Park as a double header? Should this have just been done this week or last week when Armagh made it?

Sometimes in life everyone can't just get to be where they want to be. You just have to hope you're a lucky one or make alternatives.

Louther

Quote from: Mario on May 09, 2023, 01:44:58 PM

A lot of people move away to other counties. They might be a member of a club but not a club in their home county.

Isn't that what a season ticket is/was for? Reward loyalty and access to tickets for club and non club members.

lurganblue

Quote from: Louther on May 09, 2023, 01:46:08 PM

And do you think there will be an extra 10,000 available to each county by moving it to Croke Park as a double header? Should this have just been done this week or last week when Armagh made it?

Sometimes in life everyone can't just get to be where they want to be. You just have to hope you're a lucky one or make alternatives.

What attendance is expected for the Louth game?

Armagh18

Agreed. Double header would have close to sold out Croker i reckon.

JimStynes

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 09, 2023, 01:51:55 PM

Agreed. Double header would have close to sold out Croker i reckon.

The big thing is it wouldn't have been in that complete kip in Clones. At least families could have went down to a sell out game and had good facilities than a stadium that wouldn't look out of place in a 3rd World Country.

markl121

Looks like I'll have to sort the season ticket again then for next year. Had it when we were in div 3 and 4 but didn't really see much value in it. But I guess when you're looking for sell out games it's the only guarantee now.

naka

heads should roll in the ulster gaa for this
derry going for 2 in a row, armagh in their first final in 15 years
ffs we played tyrone in croke and donegal in croke in the early noughties.
surely someone has a modicum of intelligence running the organisation and  thought of a double header with the dubs
following  the casement  debacle its a shambles