All Ireland U20 football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 27, 2023, 06:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

TG4 just shown the clip to Paul Devlin at the end and looks like McHugh did throw some sort of dig towards a Rossie on the way out before the melee. Didn't look to be anything in it but bit silly all the same considering what's at stake.

On a separate note, good from tg4 to be able to show these to managers whilst being interviewed. Gives an interesting angle on it.

Truthsayer

Looked innocuous enough. Roscommon lad seemed to make a meal of it. Very severe to miss an All Ireland final..

Duine Inteacht Eile

Yes, they should just suspend him for a club league game in the middle of June for that.
Baffling logic.
It was a red card offence all day and he deserves to miss the next game at least for it.

Truthsayer

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on May 11, 2024, 06:52:02 PMYes, they should just suspend him for a club league game in the middle of June for that.
Baffling logic.
It was a red card offence all day and he deserves to miss the next game at least for it.
Unless you were there.. I'm going by TV footage

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Truthsayer on May 11, 2024, 07:10:02 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on May 11, 2024, 06:52:02 PMYes, they should just suspend him for a club league game in the middle of June for that.
Baffling logic.

Turn it around, if a Roscommon player did it would you be calling for a red or was it just innocuous enough to merit a talking to?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Substandard

Disappointing result, beaten by a very good team.  We would have needed nearly 90% conversion to stay in touch, and far better on our own kickouts. 
As the game went on, Tyrone were deadly clinical on the breaks, and we were getting caught between two stools between trying to push up, and then leaving acres of space for Tyrone to send in ball.
Fair play to Tyrone,  some fine players.  Best of luck in the final.

Truthsayer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2024, 07:56:18 PM
Baffling logic.

Turn it around, if a Roscommon player did it would you be calling for a red or was it just innocuous enough to merit a talking to?
I don't call for reds.. wave invisible card at ref to encourage him to send a player off .. nah.

Duine Inteacht Eile

Baffling logic.
The officials who consulted and decided that he deserved a red were there.
The Roscommon players who reacted like he was out of order were there.
I imagine the vast majority of people who viewed the footage you did would be satisfied that there was a strike or an attempted strike.
But, you are from his club so you see it differently.

Truthsayer

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on May 11, 2024, 10:54:33 PM
Baffling logic.
I imagine the vast majority of people who viewed the footage you did would be satisfied that there was a strike or an attempted strike.
I do

thejuice

Should have won that but left too many chances out there. Interesting to see what happens next for these boys.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

From the Bunker

Quote from: thejuice on May 11, 2024, 11:30:22 PMShould have won that but left too many chances out there. Interesting to see what happens next for these boys.

The worrying thing was there was no Graham Geraghtys, Ollie Murphy's or Tommy Dowds on show today. No ruthlessness!

thebigfullforward

Quote from: Truthsayer on May 11, 2024, 06:43:09 PMLooked innocuous enough. Roscommon lad seemed to make a meal of it. Very severe to miss an All Ireland final..
He swung an arm out at someones face. Stupid thing to do when you're comfortably winning in any game but to do it in a semi final is lunacy. No one to blame but himself for it.

thebigfullforward

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on May 11, 2024, 10:54:33 PM
Baffling logic.
He clearly throws an arm out. Don't know how hard he caught the Roscommon player but the intent was there. To do that in a semi final of a game you're winning comfortably is crazy. What a stupid thing to do

Rossfan

It was indeed stupid. No need for it.

As for the match itself we were well beaten by a superb team.
Size, pace, S&C all miles ahead of us.
We had a great rally after half time but messed up a few chances to equalise or get ahead.
Outscored 1-8 to 0-2 after.
Shocking small attendance 1,521 (80% at least Ros) for an All Ireland semi final, no sense of occasion about the whole thing, no promotion of any kind leading up to it etc.
Would having 2 week breaks between Provincial Finals, AI semis and Final cause the sky to fall?
Could still be done and dusted by end of May.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on May 12, 2024, 09:40:48 AMIt was indeed stupid. No need for it.

As for the match itself we were well beaten by a superb team.
Size, pace, S&C all miles ahead of us.
We had a great rally after half time but messed up a few chances to equalise or get ahead.
Outscored 1-8 to 0-2 after.
Shocking small attendance 1,521 (80% at least Ros) for an All Ireland semi final, no sense of occasion about the whole thing, no promotion of any kind leading up to it etc.
Would having 2 week breaks between Provincial Finals, AI semis and Final cause the sky to fall?
Could still be done and dusted by end of May.

No the sky wouldn't have fallen in if HQ scheduled things in that way but they don't really care about that or promoting the competition as they want U19 grade.

Best team certainly won but really silly that the Tyrone lad lost the head late on to got himself sent off and will miss the final now. The last 15/20 minutes Roscommon was out on their feet a direct result of the 7 day turnaround and how much energy they used to get back into the game.