Armagh v Down - USFC Semi-Final - Clones, 4pm, Sun 30th April

Started by balladmaker, April 24, 2023, 08:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

It's amazing how people can see the same game differently. I thought Down were very poor today and looked far more intent on fouling and hitting off the ball. I thought Armagh looked comfortable through out and were working on tactics for the next day.

I thought the ref was poor and kept Down in the contest.

That said a lot to improve on for the next day. Also thought O'Neill had a great game linking the play.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AustinPowers

Throw ball

Quote from: Mario on April 30, 2023, 07:32:47 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 30, 2023, 07:26:28 PM
I thought O'Neill was average enough today, still looks off the pace with that Quad injury, couldn't be fully over it.
He's average more often than not

Hope Gallagher thinks the same

Throw ball

Quote from: David McKeown on April 30, 2023, 08:15:54 PM
It's amazing how people can see the same game differently. I thought Down were very poor today and looked far more intent on fouling and hitting off the ball. I thought Armagh looked comfortable through out and were working on tactics for the next day.

I thought the ref was poor and kept Down in the contest.

That said a lot to improve on for the next day. Also thought O'Neill had a great game linking the play.

Have to agree with most of that.

Tactically I think Down tried to snuff out a number of Armagh key players. Unfortunately for them other Armagh players stood up and they had no one good enough yet to mark Murnin.

Interesting for a team people say got favours from the referee I can only remember Armagh scoring one free.

onefaircounty

Men against boys. Some of the chat from Down fans in the lead up was laughable.

O'Neill bar an occasional moment was average enough. If we don't get him firing I'm not sure we can beat Derry.

Murnin is unreal.

Down players don't need much of an excuse to hit the deck and hold their faces like they'd been cleaned. Two or three were absolutely laughable.

nrico2006

Down as bad as the previous years, no real improvement going on today's match.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

SHEEDY

On the hill today and have to say Armagh have some of the scummiest 'supporters' I've ever seen at a gaa match, following club and county for years up and down the country and never seen as many people put out of the ground by the guards ever. Throwing flares and smoke bombs, firing plastic bottles at opposition fans, fighting and general soccer style chanting, it definitely wasn't a comfortable place to be at times. Most will have to watch the match again on Monday cos they've no idea what happened today.
nil satis nisi optimum

Armamike

Average age of those you mentioned would have been 17 maybe.  They come out for the Clones games.  Not ones you'd see at the league games.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Wildweasel74

That a sorta excuse? , who else do we see at this crap.

onefaircounty

Let's not get all high and mighty. Lot of scummy stuff from Down fans today including one disgusting chant about an Armagh player.

AustinPowers

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 30, 2023, 11:09:39 PM
On the hill today and have to say Armagh have some of the scummiest 'supporters' I've ever seen at a gaa match, following club and county for years up and down the country and never seen as many people put out of the ground by the guards ever. Throwing flares and smoke bombs, firing plastic bottles at opposition fans, fighting and general soccer style chanting, it definitely wasn't a comfortable place to be at times. Most will have to watch the match again on Monday cos they've no idea what happened today.

Not defending their antics , but  that's the fairweather  Buckfast crowd.  That's the sort of  crowd the cameras focus on  when a team is winning , and the commentators  saying what great noise and atmosphere these  fans are bringing . Me arse.  A big boot up the hole ,  that's what they need.  It's s shame  for the genuine Armagh fans who behave and bring  great atmosphere to matches.  That sort of crap tarnishes a whole  county

Armaghtothebone

Boy those grapes are sour!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: onefaircounty on April 30, 2023, 09:08:16 PM
Men against boys. Some of the chat from Down fans in the lead up was laughable.

O'Neill bar an occasional moment was average enough. If we don't get him firing I'm not sure we can beat Derry.

Murnin is unreal.

Down players don't need much of an excuse to hit the deck and hold their faces like they'd been cleaned. Two or three were absolutely laughable.
Not hard to tell where that influence comes from.

grounded

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on April 30, 2023, 11:41:55 PM

Boy those grapes are sour!!

Fortified more like!

Armagh18

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 30, 2023, 11:58:06 AM
I'm not buying it.
If armagh dont put down away convincingly youse are on the road to nowhere. After all you managed to beat the dubs in croke Park last year and are dining at the top table now mixing it regularly with the best of them. A team of runts from down should pose no problem.

Granted armagh are getting no younger, the underage has been a sham for years, mcgeeney should really go but county board too scared too deal with it. I think there'll be a degree of unrest through the county if they don't get over this banana skin unscathed.
Someone was in the early house.