Previous topic - Next topic

Predict the winner

Derry
22 (66.7%)
Monaghan
11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Blowitupref

Goal for Derry, Conor McCluskey took on the Monaghan defence and rewarded.  1-9 to 1-3.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 29, 2023, 03:42:11 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 29, 2023, 03:34:40 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Split on April 29, 2023, 01:36:58 PM
I see the commentary is on Northern Sound. Shown on GAAGo - what channel is that on the dodgy firesticks ??   ;D. lol!     ...?
is it not on bbc?
GAAGO for this match.  Armagh v Down live on BBC tomorrow.
Grab All Assocc

clarshack

Derry aren't going to let Monaghan back into it like Tyrone did.

straightred

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 29, 2023, 05:46:27 PM
I see the commentary is on Northern Sound. Shown on GAAGo - what channel is that on the dodgy firesticks ??   ;D. lol!     ...?
is it not on bbc?
Grab All Assocc
Long way back here for Monaghan
OConnell is their best option but he must have done something to the ref - a couple of really harsh calls against him

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 29, 2023, 05:46:27 PM
is it not on bbc?
Grab All Assocc

Yes everything should be free all of the time.  ::)

Blowitupref

Half time Derry 1-12 Monaghan 1-5. Half played on Derry's terms.  Tyrone led the last match by 5 points at half time and it's hard to see Derry letting this slip.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Very professional performance so far (aside from the goal). Monaghan will take heard from the Tyrone performance and Derry won't want to do what Tyrone did.

Even last year Monaghan hit us with a purple patch after half time only for us to get a goal against the run of play to cement it.

Next 10 mins is crucial Derry need to take the sting out of any kind of comeback.

imtommygunn

Derry a very good team but will need to tighten up on the leaking of goals. I thought beggan should have saved that goal. Hard to see Monaghan coming back but stranger things have happened.

joemamas

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 29, 2023, 05:55:59 PM
Derry a very good team but will need to tighten up on the leaking of goals. I thought beggan should have saved that goal. Hard to see Monaghan coming back but stranger things have happened.

McCluskey was only about 5-6 yards, hard to blame goalkeeper for that one.

screenexile

Quote from: joemamas on April 29, 2023, 05:59:46 PM

McCluskey was only about 5-6 yards, hard to blame goalkeeper for that one.

McManus was at fault he couldn't handle McCluskeys pace at all

Captain Obvious

Made a save but it still flew into the net. The poor effort of a tackle by Conor McManus led to that goal.

Blowitupref

45 minutes played Derry 1-15 Monaghan 1-5.  Margin of victory is the only debate here now.

Blowitupref

Another goal for Monaghan out of nothing, Derry still having issues on the high balls in.  2-6 to 1-15.

screenexile

How do we respond to this now!

Also McGuigan was taken clean out there not sure how Hudson missed that!