Duffy
Grugan
Murnin
Turbo
No James Morgan
Disappointing as must be injured

Hound

Quote from: full moon on April 19, 2023, 03:12:50 PM
Wonder does everyone know this is on GAA Go not on BBC/RTE. This probably the first weekend there's some big matches exclusively on GAA Go, interesting what the reaction will be I'd say there will be a few complaints. I didn't like Sky but it was a lot more accessible for many and pubs etc.

Derry Monaghan again is exclusively GAA Go also. I'd say a lot of people aren't subscribed to it on season pass.
Yeah, games on Sky Sports were effectively free for those who were paying for Sky anyway. Expensive for those who weren't but had the option of subscribing and getting a lot more than just GAA, or heading round to the local. It will be interesting to see if many pubs make the effort to go the GAAGo route.

But if Sky were showing one game this weekend on Sky Sports and the rest on Sky Box Office at 12 bob a pop, there would be absolute uproar. The fact that's effectively what we're getting with RTE/GAAgo this weekend has gone under the radar alright.

Cavan19

Quote from: Hound on April 21, 2023, 07:20:20 AM
Wonder does everyone know this is on GAA Go not on BBC/RTE. This probably the first weekend there's some big matches exclusively on GAA Go, interesting what the reaction will be I'd say there will be a few complaints. I didn't like Sky but it was a lot more accessible for many and pubs etc.

Derry Monaghan again is exclusively GAA Go also. I'd say a lot of people aren't subscribed to it on season pass.
Yeah, games on Sky Sports were effectively free for those who were paying for Sky anyway. Expensive for those who weren't but had the option of subscribing and getting a lot more than just GAA, or heading round to the local. It will be interesting to see if many pubs make the effort to go the GAAGo route.

But if Sky were showing one game this weekend on Sky Sports and the rest on Sky Box Office at 12 bob a pop, there would be absolute uproar. The fact that's effectively what we're getting with RTE/GAAgo this weekend has gone under the radar alright.

It won't be under the radar for long once they games start coming thick and fast and people can't get watching them there will be uproar.

seafoid

There are 27 games at all levels on this weekend and 9 between senior football and Liam McCarthy. It's the curse of the split season.

armaghniac

Unfortunately, it seems that tomorrow will be the only day with rain in the week. The forecast is pretty accurate with only a day to go.
As for GAAgo, NowTV might have been better value for a few big games, but for other counties you would still have to use GAAgo.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

balladmaker

Quote from: armaghniac on April 21, 2023, 09:09:47 AM
Unfortunately, it seems that tomorrow will be the only day with rain in the week. The forecast is pretty accurate with only a day to go.
As for GAAgo, NowTV might have been better value for a few big games, but for other counties you would still have to use GAAgo.

Not good when my stand seat doesn't have a roof  :o

Taylor

Quote from: seafoid on April 21, 2023, 09:04:29 AM
There are 27 games at all levels on this weekend and 9 between senior football and Liam McCarthy. It's the curse of the split season.

Or the curse of bad planning.
Surely some of the games could have been played last weekend

JimStynes

Ffs. I thought BBC were showing all Ulster championship games!

Cavan19

Quote from: balladmaker on April 21, 2023, 09:19:10 AM

It looks ok for match time. It is going to be cold though.

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on April 21, 2023, 09:19:10 AM

I took a terrace ticket, as the rain runs off better when standing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

No TK
No J Morgan
J Hall at 11...Christ

Midfield are very inexperienced and can't be match fit (can't include Antrim game as they were pathetic). Shane had his first Championship start last day out and Creely had been out injured for the last 3-4 months.

In saying all of the above this team may not be the team that lines out, Saturday is going to be wet and the wet heavy sod may well suit Cavan being the bigger team
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch