Sam Maguire permutations

Started by seafoid, April 11, 2023, 09:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

tyrone08

Would rather had 1 more game under our belt before meeting Kerry however if you want to win the big prize you have to beat the big teams. Will be a massive game for this team. Worried about Tyrone's bench, thought McShane should have been given 20 minutes against Donegal in order to get some game time.

BrotherMore6592

Handy draw for Derry anyway, that's them into the semis

Watching cork v Roscommon was a real step below the rest of the games over the weekend

blanketattack

Quote from: marty34 on June 26, 2023, 08:50:16 AM
Mc Carthy says there may be a draw for the semi-finals.

Bit mad that.

I don't see any scenario where there's not a draw.
E.g. 2 sets of repeat pairings
Kerry, Mayo, Armagh, Derry
Still need a draw to see if Kerry meet Armagh or Derry.

I wonder if there's an order for what they try to avoid:
E.g. Round 1 > Provincial Final > Earlier Provincial game.

AustinPowers

Quote from: marty34 on June 26, 2023, 08:50:16 AM
Mc Carthy says there may be a draw for the semi-finals.

Bit mad that.

Tis mad alright , Ted

So , in  what scenario would there  NOT be a draw?

blanketattack

With Dublin v Mayo certain to be played Sunday due to Mayo being to only team that played yesterday, that means Kerry v Tyrone is certain to be on Saturday.
After that, hard to know, maybe Derry v Cork will then be put on Sunday to help with the traffic system for what will be close to a sellout.

Or sometimes they put Cork and Kerry on the same day.

gallsman

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 26, 2023, 09:00:13 AM
Would rather had 1 more game under our belt before meeting Kerry however if you want to win the big prize you have to beat the big teams. Will be a massive game for this team. Worried about Tyrone's bench, thought McShane should have been given 20 minutes against Donegal in order to get some game time.

Not certain McShane will play a minute in whatever's left of the year. There was an article a few weeks ago about inability of him and McCurry to coexist and McCurry is going nowhere.

Very sad and unfortunate fall from grace for a fella who was so important for them and having suffered such a terrible injury.

imtommygunn

Controversial but Cork to beat Derry.

Possibly Mayo to beat Dublin.

Can't see Tyrone beating Kerry.

Armagh and Monaghan a funny one. Armagh to hammer Monaghan or Monaghan to win a tight game.

Walter Cronc

I assume they'll take traffic/ transport into account when fixing games for teams from the north. Armagh will take biggest support so would they (Guards/PSNI) prefer Armagh/Derry play on same day rather than Armagh/Tyrone?

blanketattack

Paddy Power have the fixtures already listed for Saturday and Sunday which is different to what I expected.
Also thought Kerry-Tyrone would be 50:50 odds wise.

JP

I'd imagine the fixtures will look like below:

Cork v derry 1st game sat
Kerry v tyrone 2nd game sat

Armagh v Monaghan 1st game Sun
Dublin v Mayo 2nd game sun

Makes the most sense in terms of traffic etc and Sunday could see a sell out

bennydorano

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 26, 2023, 09:25:11 AM
I assume they'll take traffic/ transport into account when fixing games for teams from the north. Armagh will take biggest support so would they (Guards/PSNI) prefer Armagh/Derry play on same day rather than Armagh/Tyrone?
Derry v Cork with Dubs / Mayo you'd imagine for crowd maximisation. As Dublin v Mayo is the marquee game does that mean 4pm Sunday? Armagh v Monaghan the opener for Kerry v Tyrone Saturday evening- IMO.

Fuzzman

Quote from: full moon on June 25, 2023, 05:08:41 PM
Tyrone Kerry
Monaghan Armagh
Dublin Mayo
Cork Derry

Best draw for neutrals

Full Moon called it right.
Derry, Armagh and Monaghan must be happy with that draw and have a great chance of making the semis.
Was thinking last night when watching TSG when Cavanagh and Tomas O'Se were discussing Canavan bros v the Clifford bros that we'll probably see that next weekend.
No doubt Kerry will be all out for revenge after the 2021 show. Wonder would they let us put the match back a few weeks?

tyrone08

Quote from: gallsman on June 26, 2023, 09:20:24 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 26, 2023, 09:00:13 AM

Not certain McShane will play a minute in whatever's left of the year. There was an article a few weeks ago about inability of him and McCurry to coexist and McCurry is going nowhere.

Very sad and unfortunate fall from grace for a fella who was so important for them and having suffered such a terrible injury.

Seen that article, not sure if I believe it or not. Surely you sort that type of issue out in the training ground. A large physical player like McShane who can win his own ball and take scores should on paper work ideal along with a smaller quicker forward. Both should be feeding off each other.