Sam Maguire permutations

Started by seafoid, April 11, 2023, 09:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

For the umpteenth time....
No repeat pairings of Group games or Provincial Finals (where possible).
Semi Final draw is no repeats of previous Championship games (where possible...might not be possible at that stage)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

DhoireTheas

Quote from: Rudi on June 19, 2023, 10:51:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IRaS-Jf5XU&pp=ygUlZm9vdGJhbGwgY29taW5nIGhvbWUgcm9zY29tbW9uIGJhcmJlcg%3D%3D

Only 4 games to win, football is coming home ;) ;D

His optimism is a joy to behold.  ;D

That YouTuber seems to be some sort of Irish Unionist as he often changes his username to things like BritishIslesUnited and he always uploads videos whenever republicans misbehave. Unless he does this to try to troll nationalists which is common among southerners.

bennydorano

Quote from: Rossfan on June 19, 2023, 01:44:05 PM
Semi Final draw is no repeats of previous Championship games (where possible...might not be possible at that stage)
I assume that's for my benefit, was the Irish Times fixture list of Connacht v Munster and Ulster v Munster at the AI semi stage wrong then?

Hound

Quote from: thewobbler on June 19, 2023, 12:03:34 PM
Can't help thinking Dublin were the real winners in today's draw.

One of the two teams capable of beating them will be gone this time next week, and the other one will likely be punctured from a do or die battle.
Defo happy to see Galway and Mayo draw each other, but i wouldn't want either of them nor Tyrone in the quarters.

I think the winners of Galway/Mayo will use that momentum to win their QF, no matter who they get.

I fancy 4 away wins in the prelims, but not with much confidence. Should be a great round of games.

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on June 19, 2023, 03:01:20 PM
I assume that's for my benefit, was the Irish Times fixture list of Connacht v Munster and Ulster v Munster at the AI semi stage wrong then?

As usual, the GAA make hard work of explaining what they are at. This webpage describes the process, but only says that there will be semi-finals, not how they are grouped
https://www.gaa.ie/football/news/2023-all-ireland-sfc-format-explained/

How hard is it to put a clear an complete description of the football championship?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

There is going to be war over GAAGO over the next 2 weekends. GAAGO gets half of the matches.

yellowcard

Quote from: armaghniac on June 19, 2023, 03:16:57 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 19, 2023, 03:01:20 PM

As usual, the GAA make hard work of explaining what they are at. This webpage describes the process, but only says that there will be semi-finals, not how they are grouped
https://www.gaa.ie/football/news/2023-all-ireland-sfc-format-explained/

How hard is it to put a clear an complete description of the football championship?

As clear as mud. It's like them putting the draw this morning on the radio where nobody could see it. And then to find out that all of the plum draws they would wish for actually materialised!

5times5times

Watch HQ put Kerry + Dublin games on the Sat, and make Armagh + Derry wan's travel on the Sunday!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: 5times5times on June 19, 2023, 03:32:58 PM
Watch HQ put Kerry + Dublin games on the Sat, and make Armagh + Derry wan's travel on the Sunday!

We were Sat last year and Armagh were the Sunday

bennydorano

Sunday's better, less traffic

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

Saturday:
Cork v Roscommon, Páirc Uí Chaoimh, 2pm, GAAGO

Kildare v Monaghan, O'Connor Park, 4.45pm, GAAGO

Donegal v Tyrone, MacCumhaill Park, 7pm, GAAGO

Sunday:
Galway v Mayo, Salthill, 3pm, RTE One
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

The odds have changed.

Dublin and Kerry are still 2/1
but 4 teams are 9/1- Derry, Armagh , Galway and Mayo

Rossfan

An early start Saturday!
If it was a Group game I'd probably give it a miss  but as it's likely Ros' last game of 2023 I'll make the effort.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

joemamas

Quote from: Rudi on June 19, 2023, 10:51:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IRaS-Jf5XU&pp=ygUlZm9vdGJhbGwgY29taW5nIGhvbWUgcm9zY29tbW9uIGJhcmJlcg%3D%3D

Only 4 games to win, football is coming home ;) ;D

His optimism is a joy to behold.  ;D

it sure is, God bless him.
I hope the rossies win next weekend just for him.