Quote from: RedHand88 on June 26, 2023, 11:41:53 AM
Paddy power have times on.

Saturday
Derry v Cork 4pm
Armagh v Monaghan 6.15pm

Sunday
Kerry v Tyrone 1.45pm
Dublin v Mayo 4pm

Don't know if they know something or if it's a mistake.

That could be feasible especially since they have the times of the matches down. Tyrone and Kerry are not that well supported and looks like they've loaded the 2 biggest games up for the Sunday.

Tyrone's league and provincial support hasn't been what it used to be the last few years, I'd give you that. But in Croke Park we travel well in my opinion. We expect to get there every year these days you see. Ye wouldn't support them Kerry boys on Saturday would you?

AustinPowers

I'd say a lot of Armagh and Monaghan   fans will want to see  Kerry Tyrone game. So you'll get a lot  of fans rushing  to get there  for 3.45 causing huge  traffic  problems

Then again, If you  put Armagh Monaghan first, there wouldn't  be as much  interest from Tyrone Kerry fans, so you'll get a more staggered  entry. Although  the traffic would be mental (especially northbound traffic) after  with more fans leaving at same time

Frig , i dunno......

Maybe they should  play Kerry v Tyrone in  Limerick?

clarshack

Quote from: sam03/05 on June 26, 2023, 12:28:04 PM
How to fk is Tyrone  v Kerry the first game?
Makes no sense. Surely the Mon & Armagh support would stay to watch such a game
Can't see the same interest in the second one - most neutrals in Ireland would have no massive  interest in Mon v Armagh on tv - but most of Ireland would want to watch a tyrone v Kerry 6pm game

The Armagh and Monaghan support will probably be in the for the 2nd half of the first game and they will all be cheering for Kerry so it makes it even more difficult for Tyrone.
would have preferred to have been on before the Dubs.

straightred

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 26, 2023, 12:32:10 PM
Can't see the same interest in the second one - most neutrals in Ireland would have no massive  interest in Mon v Armagh on tv - but most of Ireland would want to watch a tyrone v Kerry 6pm game

I'd say Kerry requested the earlier time due to the travel involved. You could have parts of Kerry with 4/5 hours drive home. If the game went to extra time they'd have a very late finish. Armagh/Monaghan lot closer so suit the later throw in time.
last train to Tralee is at 7. They wouldn't make that with the later throw in

yellowcard

Quote from: ClubScene13 on June 26, 2023, 12:42:25 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 26, 2023, 11:51:06 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 26, 2023, 11:41:53 AM
Paddy power have times on.

Saturday
Derry v Cork 4pm
Armagh v Monaghan 6.15pm

Sunday
Kerry v Tyrone 1.45pm
Dublin v Mayo 4pm

Don't know if they know something or if it's a mistake.

That could be feasible especially since they have the times of the matches down. Tyrone and Kerry are not that well supported and looks like they've loaded the 2 biggest games up for the Sunday.

Tyrone's league and provincial support hasn't been what it used to be the last few years, I'd give you that. But in Croke Park we travel well in my opinion. We expect to get there every year these days you see. Ye wouldn't support them Kerry boys on Saturday would you?

They didn't get to Croke Park last year so I suppose the novelty factor might get the Tyrone fair weather fans back out this weekend alright. But Kerry won't have a big support and as a result I still think Armagh v Monaghan will draw a bigger support overall. Armagh will take the biggest crowd over the weekend apart from the Dubs. 

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Eire90 on June 26, 2023, 12:32:51 PM
do casual bandwagon types stay or get early to watch the teams that they support not involved in

Normally not that bothered about the other game but will always cheer on anyone against Tyrone

tyrone08

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on June 26, 2023, 12:53:34 PM
do casual bandwagon types stay or get early to watch the teams that they support not involved in

Normally not that bothered about the other game but will always cheer on anyone against Tyrone

Think I speak for all Tyrone people when I say we love to hear bitter Armagh fans. The most successful year you will have had in the last 22 years is to win a championship game in croke Park

armaghniac

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 26, 2023, 12:32:10 PM

I'd say Kerry requested the earlier time due to the travel involved. You could have parts of Kerry with 4/5 hours drive home. If the game went to extra time they'd have a very late finish. Armagh/Monaghan lot closer so suit the later throw in time.

Exactly. Monaghan and Armagh people can travel home while it is still bright.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

You afraid of us beating you 3 times in the one year?

square_ball

Hopefully Armagh players behave themselves this year at Croke Park. No eye gouging ok?

Milltown Row2

No complaining about the ref's appointed? Great stuff ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 26, 2023, 01:08:24 PM

You afraid of us beating you 3 times in the one year?

Do you want to even things up for last year?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2023, 01:38:26 PM

Wait to you're named some day !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 26, 2023, 01:40:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2023, 01:38:26 PM

Wait to you're named some day !!

Water off a ducks back, as I assume the other ref's at that level are thinking  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88