USFC Semi Final - Doire v Muineacháin

Started by GrandMasterFlash, June 12, 2007, 09:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

PB injury? Did the ref strike back on this occasion?  :)

Mid Mon

My prefered team for sunday.             

S Duffy
C Flanagan     V Corey     JP Moen
D Freeman   G McQuaid   D Moen
       E Lennon      B McKenna
R Woods      S Gollogly     P Finaly 
C Hanratty     S Smith     T Freeman

2 changes from the team that beat Down with woods been prefered to Clerkin, and JP's experience giving him the nod ahead of Morgan.
Big preformances needed all over the pairc if we are to progress.

GrandMasterFlash

What's so humorous about that decision Max?
Would it be fundamentally flawed to start Woods and substitute him with Clerkin if he hasn't the legs, rather than start Clerkin and sub him for Woods in the same situation, which is what happened the last day out??

Maybe you're just trying to increase your post count or something?!  ::)

lynchbhoy

I take it since the Moen brothers are back on the squad that McCarville has nothing to do with the monaghan side anymore!

bingobus

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 19, 2007, 02:10:51 PM
I take it since the Moen brothers are back on the squad that McCarville has nothing to do with the monaghan side anymore!

It was actually the Banty (Seamus McEneaney) who chased the two of them a couple of years back. Dropped Dessie off panel for breaking a drinking ban. JP quit in protest, as Dessie claimed it was all very innocent and unfair considering what other players had gotten away with.

They had such good years with club last year, he had no choice but to approach them.

thebandit

Quote from: Mid Mon on June 19, 2007, 12:36:53 PM
My prefered team for sunday.            

S Duffy
C Flanagan     V Corey     JP Moen
D Freeman   G McQuaid   D Moen
       E Lennon      B McKenna
R Woods      S Gollogly     P Finaly 
C Hanratty     S Smith     T Freeman

2 changes from the team that beat Down with woods been prefered to Clerkin, and JP's experience giving him the nod ahead of Morgan.
Big preformances needed all over the pairc if we are to progress.

Biddy at wing forward? Is this so he can use his pace?! Clerkin/Manzie to start.

I'd expect JP to come in for Morgan, I think he's a wee bit off this level.

Maximus Marillius

Woods at WHF in intercounty senior football....and against a team like Derry woods only last 40 minutes at best...he may be a decent footballer but WHFs at county level need engines i.e. Finaly, Gollogly

charlie linkbox

Quote from: FarneyMan on June 13, 2007, 08:56:42 AM
Sh1te !  Hate casement as a venue, really lacks an atmosphere, plus i cant ever remember seeing Monaghan win there...........

We beat Antrim there in the McKenna Cup last year (1-15 to 1-10 I seem to remember; it was a very wet day too).
Does that count?

thebandit

Quote from: charlie linkbox on June 19, 2007, 04:23:13 PM
Quote from: FarneyMan on June 13, 2007, 08:56:42 AM
Sh1te !  Hate casement as a venue, really lacks an atmosphere, plus i cant ever remember seeing Monaghan win there...........

We beat Antrim there in the McKenna Cup last year (1-15 to 1-10 I seem to remember; it was a very wet day too).
Does that count?

No!

FarneyMan

When was the last time we won a senior championship match there ?  If ever !!??

charlie linkbox

In 1989 Monaghan scraped home with an 0-08 to 0-05 win against Antrim in Casement Park, Belfast where the homesters literally kicked the game away. Down ended Monaghans run in Castleblayney a few weeks later.

My source is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monaghan_GAA

tbrick18

By all accounts Paddy Bradley will be fit to start on Sunday. If this is the case, I reckon Derry by 4-5 just pulling away in the last 10 mins.

charlie linkbox

I disagree. Can't remember who marked Bradley a couple of years ago but if it was Damien McKenna, who was our full back around that time, then I can understand how Bradley kicked 1-10. If Dessie Mone picks him up on Sunday though then I can see Bradley's influence being curtailed. It's actually Muldoon I'd be more concerned about. He's super under a high ball whereas our full back line isn't. He could do damage.

thebandit

Is it possible that James Coyle could be brought in to curtail the effect of Muldoon under the high ball?