Tailteann Cup 2023 - Rules from GAA Master Fixtures List

Started by GAABoardMod5, March 29, 2023, 02:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

Hard to know, we were much tighter defensively against Down last time out but Down looked more dangerous against Laois. How much was it Down improvement and Laois being bad, probably a bit of both. We were opened up by Antrim a good few times and we probably can't afford a slow start again.

We have some top forwards in Lynch, Morris and Costello. They'll keep us in the game but our backs remain porous and if there's any substance to Downs destruction of Laois then we're definitely underdogs. Our win against Wexford was facile as they were completely open and standing off us the whole game.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

manwithnoplan

SHEEDY

Quote from: manwithnoplan on July 01, 2023, 12:15:39 PM
Any idea what time ticket sales go live?
probably Monday after this weekends games are played and it's decided who's playing in all Ireland semi on same day
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

Quote from: Lazer on June 28, 2023, 07:09:26 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on June 28, 2023, 05:23:04 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on June 28, 2023, 04:33:50 PM
Let's hope tickets will be easy to come by. All depends on who is on the AI SF that day. Prob be 60 euro a ticket
it's £45 sitting, £30 for the hill

Not worth it when the only match I'm interested is the Tailteann final.

Might go if Derry happen to being playing the semi on the same day (hubbie is from Derry) and I can get a hil ticket
I've never taken kids to a semi final before  but I'm sure they  do u16 prices. ??

clonian

Quote from: snoopdog on July 01, 2023, 06:42:51 PM
Quote from: Lazer on June 28, 2023, 07:09:26 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on June 28, 2023, 05:23:04 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on June 28, 2023, 04:33:50 PM
Let's hope tickets will be easy to come by. All depends on who is on the AI SF that day. Prob be 60 euro a ticket
it's £45 sitting, £30 for the hill

Not worth it when the only match I'm interested is the Tailteann final.

Might go if Derry happen to being playing the semi on the same day (hubbie is from Derry) and I can get a hil ticket
I've never taken kids to a semi final before  but I'm sure they  do u16 prices. ??
There were kids tickets for the Cusack and Canal End at last years semis

full moon

Funny how the "bigger counties" were so supportive of the Tailteann to stop the hammerings. And yet the Sam Maguire has teams being beaten out the gate.

The need a new tier, the Kerry and Dublin tier. The rest should be thrown into the Tailteann!

AustinPowers

Quote from: full moon on July 03, 2023, 04:49:40 PM
Funny how the "bigger counties" were so supportive of the Tailteann to stop the hammerings. And yet the Sam Maguire has teams being beaten out the gate.

The need a new tier, the Kerry and Dublin tier. The rest should be thrown into the Tailteann!

Exactly . The beatings  are only going to get  bigger in  the semis too

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 03, 2023, 05:22:47 PM

Well it's a good thing that Armagh didn't make it based on that logic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 03, 2023, 05:48:49 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on July 03, 2023, 05:22:47 PM

Well it's a good thing that Armagh didn't make it based on that logic

I think Armagh would   probably have been well beaten  by  either Kerry or Dublin  too

bcarrier23

Thundery showers forecast for Saturday afternoon.

Down teams historically not great in the rain.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bcarrier23 on July 12, 2023, 04:48:04 PM
Thundery showers forecast for Saturday afternoon.

Down teams historically not great in the rain.

That'll save the supporters a few quid on heading down!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

skeog

Big dinner celebration in Canal Court on Saturday, hopefully its not a wake.

downtothecore

This will.be a tough game like the match in Parnell park a few weeks ago. Both teams will fancy their chances but I think down will relish another run out in croker and get the result this time.

thejuice

A chance to avenge 91. Made me cry so ye did.  :'(

Hopefully Colm O'Rourke puts himself on from the start and not wait till it's too late to kickstart the comeback
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016