NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 27, 2024, 07:08:05 PMYou can't be drinking 3/4 days. No training in the week then try to play a top level game at the weekend.strange decision by Harte playing these men.
Were they drinking for 3/4 days though? I imagine McFaul doesn't drink now for one.
I'd be surprised if Harte played them had they been on the drink all week but chances are they weren't.
I'd say his reasoning is that they are flying at their peak and Derry might as well use it to their benefit.

Rawhide

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 27, 2024, 07:06:06 PMGame was nearly lost on the foul on Rodgers leading to the first goal.Glen lads shouldn't have to go for 70+plus

I'm a Derry man and I didn't see that as a foul.
cccc is a true supporter lol

screenexile

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 27, 2024, 07:25:58 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 27, 2024, 07:08:05 PMYou can't be drinking 3/4 days. No training in the week then try to play a top level game at the weekend.strange decision by Harte playing these men.
Were they drinking for 3/4 days though? I imagine McFaul doesn't drink now for one.
I'd be surprised if Harte played them had they been on the drink all week but chances are they weren't.
I'd say his reasoning is that they are flying at their peak and Derry might as well use it to their benefit.

They were 100% on the drink and why wouldn't they!! Surprised they played but they're adults if they want to play why shouldn't they.

Thought we were by far the better team but made hard work of it.

Great start!

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: screenexile on January 27, 2024, 07:34:38 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 27, 2024, 07:25:58 PM

They were 100% on the drink and why wouldn't they!! Surprised they played but they're adults if they want to play why shouldn't they.

Thought we were by far the better team but made hard work of it.

Great start!
Because some people don't drink. The weirdos.

OakLeaf

Deserved win for Derry. Probably closer than it should have been but we'll take.

Estimator

McFaul said the Glen lads were back at Owenbeg on Wednesday.

Cavanagh talking about "Hurlers in the ditch" and Derry people having a history of it. Unlike himself, having a swipe at Mickey/Tyrone tactics as soon as he retires from county football.  ::)
He also seemed to give begrudging credit to Mickey for getting over the line in 2003. He's a strange man.
Ulster League Champions 2009

ardtole

Cormac Murphy made a significant impact off the bench. If he gets an opportunity to develop alongside McGuigan in this league campaign, it could be a major boost to Derry come the championship.

yellowcard

Kerry showing again that they are a mediocre side without Clifford.

Regardless though it's still a big win for Derry to go down to Kerry and get the 2 points.

weareros

Derry deserved to win certainly. Yet as poor as Kerry were - and they were poor as they tend to be in Jan/Feb - they blew some great goal chances to win it, and also took some dumb shots for points. Derry were impressive in the way they could create good point chances when they needed a score. Looked chaotic at the back however. The two points puts a gloss on an unnecessary risk with the Glen players. It ended up being an entertaining game, so credit to both teams.

Wildweasel74

Blowitupref

Level game 2-2 to 1-5 fine fight back by Monaghan
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Sportacus

Does Joe McQuillan live in Cavan?  It's a 350 mile round trip. Is there nobody else a bit closer?

Main Street

Quote from: Sportacus on January 27, 2024, 08:11:33 PMDoes Joe McQuillan live in Cavan?  It's a 350 mile round trip. Is there nobody else a bit closer?
Doesn't joe live in Dublin? :)

Main Street

Monaghan's new goalie is doing well as a goalie, Beggan would have attempted to punch that high ball but  mcDonnell scooped it from the air very nicely and under pressure. Next step it to strike the ball over the bar from 45m out because no one else can.

Wildweasel74

Suppose just been in Division 4 5yrs ago, Derry have come a long way.