NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/02/24/new-calendar-means-kerrys-league-struggles-could-come-back-to-bite-them/

If O'Connor has seemed a bit crankier than usual these past few weeks, it's not hard to work out why. Missing so many players for the start of the season was never ideal but he could at least hope to use the first three games to give himself options for the rest of the year.

Yet who has staked their claim? Barry O'Sullivan around the middle third maybe. Darragh Roche has done his bit but he's a tip-of-the-spear type of forward and there is no vacancy in that position for Kerry as long as Clifford can tie his laces. Tony Brosnan has been lively but he's a known quantity, he made his senior debut for Kerry in 2016. All in all, Kerry's championship team seems likely to be more or less the same as last year's. But that cast of characters was far more advanced this time last year than where it is now.
Will it be enough? Maybe. Would they be able to absorb a Clifford injury in June or July? Unlikely. Are we really, seriously, hypothesising this stuff before we're halfway through the league? Damn right we are.
The new championship body clock demands nothing less.

seafoid

An Fhairche Abu

The only positive out of that game is that he has put two great performances back to back, long may it continue.

seafoid

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 26, 2023, 02:23:29 PM
The only positive out of that game is that he has put two great performances back to back, long may it continue.
I think he has scored 3-10 over 3 matches. Very encouraging for later on.

GaillimhIarthair

That's was an absolutely atrocious performance.  Restarts and the late turnovers would melt your head altogether.  Tierney the standout performer for Galway by a country mile.  A win next weekend is an absolute must. 

greatpoint

Quote from: J70 on February 26, 2023, 02:11:05 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 26, 2023, 02:08:22 PM
Donegal are hard to beat in Letterkenny! Fortunately, Armagh have them in the Athletic grounds this year.

That's Ballybofey. We've a horrible record in Letterkenny.

We have to beat Mayo in Ballybofey now to have any chance whatsoever of staying up.

I don't think we've beaten Mayo in anything since the 2012 final if I'm not mistaken.

Mayo lost to Donegal in a 2016 league match

Blowitupref

Monaghan v Roscommon match link on TG4 not working.  Monaghan 4-2 ahead the latest
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

An rud is annamh i mi Feabhra is iontach

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 26, 2023, 02:52:37 PM
Monaghan v Roscommon match link on TG4 not working.  Monaghan 4-2 ahead the latest
The Roscommon cavalry don't get out of bed until half time

An Fhairche Abu

Just saw footage from the stand of Conroy's last free, it looks far more of a point than it does a wide to be honest!

square_ball

Nice dive from McCarron there.

Blowitupref

Half time Monaghan 0-7 Roscommon 0-5
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on February 26, 2023, 08:54:38 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 26, 2023, 08:05:38 AM
Quote from: OrchardOrange on February 25, 2023, 10:22:10 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 25, 2023, 09:14:35 PM
Quote from: OrchardOrange on February 25, 2023, 09:10:52 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 25, 2023, 08:58:42 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on February 25, 2023, 08:48:07 PM
Time for mcgeeney to pass on the reigns? Tactically inept and just can't win close games.

Armagh have the talent, just wrong man at helm.
Any thoughts on your own Tyrone taking a trimming tonight? Could be McGeeney's Armagh that officially send Tyrone down to Division 2.

I've little doubt we will beat a hopeless Tyrone side but we won't beat Kerry or Dublin unless we make changes. Current management set is just not up to the task
That suggests to me you know nothing about Armagh cllub football tbh, a fake Armagh profile probably. Armagh club football is shite, to be where we are in County football is impressive imo.

We are not gonna progress further under these tactics and mgt set up. Change needed to  get to the next level. Just like in 2001.

Who would take over
It never seems to occur to some people that maybe we're just not as good as some teams and never will be no matter who's in charge.
Considering the state of club football in Armagh I think Geezer has done really well to get us to where we are. Feel he has yet to get the balance between attack and defence- we were solid last night defensively but with the forwards we have we should be putting up big scores. Rian O'Neill needs left inside more often- even if he doesnt get the ball he occupies 2 or 3 defends and causes panic

Blowitupref

Monaghan 0-12 Roscommon 0-9  the rossies down to 14 men with Diarmuid Murtagh black card.  13 minutes to play.

FT big win for Monaghan 0-14 to 0-11. Rossies first league defeat for 12 matches.

seafoid

Well done Monaghan. The cockroaches of Division 1