NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Armagh needed that win , we have a few short as had Donegal ,
More than happy we ground out it out.
Some great turnovers and serious work rate
I will take that every night of the week if it gets us victories .

David McKeown

I thought both teams were very poor yesterday with Armagh the more efficient team of the two.  Donegal really kicked themselves out of it with poor shots and poor shot selections throughout.  I thought the referee was poor for both sides but again I think that's as much a product of the modern game as it is of a poor referee.

As for Armagh I think they lack the defenders to score more as silly as that sounds.  Armagh are strong defensively because of the system they employ when that breaks down they seem to struggle one on one and really lack the quality of defenders of recent times like Andy Mallon in situations such as that.  As a result they need to feed more good forwards back into defensive places which in turn dulls their offensive impact.  At one stage last night Rian O'Neill was standing on the edge of his own square when the ball was in midfield, he was the deepest defender too.  It's very hard for him to score from that position.

All that said it was a must win game for Armagh and we did win it so that's always a positive
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Armamike

We managed to win it from the jaws of victory, which isn't always the case with this team.  Defended very well, as a team.  Not as cohesive as a unit going forward.  Andy Murnin was a thorn in Donegal's side all night.  Apart from that we didn't threaten them enough, though we were a lot more direct going forward that Donegal.  Can't get a goal at the minute.  Aidan Nugent is a miss in this regard.  Jarly Og Burns was fantastic when the result was on the line with 10 minutes to go.  Great to see him step up and take the game by the scruff of the neck.  This was a must win game, and we got over the line.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Blowitupref

Shane Walsh place on the Galway bench today is confirmed.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tyrone Split

Does anyone know any Ulster / Tyrone / Northern based commentary for Tyrone Kerry game? This radio Tralee biased schtuff is doing my head in .

Gael85

About time referee take action against kerry high tackles.

screenexile

Tyrone getting the rub of the green from the ref here!

imtommygunn

Canavan a clever wee decker like his da ;D

Wildweasel74

Bad call against the big kerry lad coming through there.

seafoid

Quote from: Tyrone Split on March 05, 2023, 01:10:20 PM
Does anyone know any Ulster / Tyrone / Northern based commentary for Tyrone Kerry game? This radio Tralee biased schtuff is doing my head in .
https://www.rte.ie/radio/rnag/

Wildweasel74

Awful lot of yellow cards for very little. Some lad not see the finish

screenexile

Tyrone well up for this and up to their old tricks will be interesting to see if Kerry can find a way to get the job done.

marty34

Mattie Donnelly must have taken 15 steps for that point from the kick-out.

Wildweasel74

Mattie ran home with it, step wise there.

Wildweasel74

Dragging to the ground not a black card