East wall #Irelandisfull

Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

The "full" thing is  copied straight from Farage/EDL etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highorlow

QuoteThat's the problem.  The Irish government  are  more concerned  with bending over backwards  to serve their EU masters rather than their    own people  . They're no different to  the DUP arse kissing the Tories

This is 100% correct.

I'm sure we all remember the water charges controversy whereby the Government insisted that the charges were enforceable as this was an EU mandate / requirement, this disappeared fairly quick. Another load of horseshit is the Procurement of Goods and Services and the insistence that the EU "rules" are followed, shur France just ignore these rules and nothing is said. Time our Government acted on behalf of the people and not the EU masters.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on January 05, 2023, 10:13:25 AM
Before the Famine Ireland's population was Circa 8m. Total population now is ~ 7m. The idea that Ireland is "full" is for the birds.

Obviously the infrastructure needs improved but that can be achieved.
was barely a road in those days. Theres the land here to support that population but not the schools, hospitals, housing etc etc etc.

Anyway I'd prefer a more rural Ireland with green fields and a smaller population than massive urban concrete shitholes, maybe that makes me racist lol

tonto1888

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 05, 2023, 10:02:29 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 05, 2023, 09:42:35 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on January 04, 2023, 07:11:21 PM
Quote from: Gmac on January 04, 2023, 06:59:42 PM
What are the demographics of the refugees

Lots of single men saying they are homosexual I'm guessing, and will be persecuted/stoned to death if they return to their home country

I would say this is incorrect

It's not

Again, I will tell you it is incorrect

seafoid

Before the Famine Ireland's population was Circa 8m. Total population now is ~ 7m. The idea that Ireland is "full" is for the birds.

If everyone was put on a diet of spuds and buttermilk and put living in a shed we could have 20 million at least

RedHand88

It's nothing to do with space or land. There is any amount of that. Its resources.
A bigger problem than migrants is the childbirth rate over the last few decades. Its not sustainable.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 05, 2023, 11:15:52 AM

It's nothing to do with space or land. There is any amount of that. Its resources.
A bigger problem than migrants is the childbirth rate over the last few decades. Its not sustainable.
has it not gone down?

seafoid

The birth rate is a function of neoliberalism. Houses are too expensive. Lot of women  don't want to commit to having several children.  It's even worse in Germany and Italy
House prices have to fall by a lot before any sort of normality returns.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on January 05, 2023, 11:34:45 AM

The birth rate is a function of neoliberalism. Houses are too expensive. Lot of women  don't want to commit to having several children.  It's even worse in Germany and Italy
House prices have to fall by a lot before any sort of normality returns.
Just listening to a piece on R4 there about Seoul and the birth rate there is 0.85 which is in no small part to the price of housing doubling in the last 5 years from 400k USD equivalent to 800k with a national average income of 29k USD! Mental numbers-  the average joe is living in a shoebox with no room to hang a coat let alone have >1 child.

If you are interested:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001gl5y?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

seafoid

Density is 73 per sq km. In SE England it's 400. Flying into Dublin with the green fields vs flying into Heathrow.
So the population could grow. But what would be the point?

I spent a while in Malta. Area is 316 km sq. Density is 1380 per sq km. The traffic was hellish. All the people lived on one part of the island. The rest was agricultural. It was hard to explain what it felt like,  going to the agricultural part. It was like being able to relax. The built up part was mostly shite.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 05, 2023, 11:42:43 AM
Density is 73 per sq km. In SE England it's 400. Flying into Dublin with the green fields vs flying into Heathrow.
So the population could grow. But what would be the point?

I spent a while in Malta. Area is 316 km sq. Density is 1380 per sq km. The traffic was hellish. All the people lived on one part of the island. The rest was agricultural. It was hard to explain what it felt like,  going to the agricultural part. It was like being able to relax. The built up part was mostly shite.

I'm sure the Maltese tourism board are glad of your thoughts!  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Ireland need to improve infrastructure. Roads, rail, schools, hospitals, housing, airports everything. We need a population to sustain that. A growing one. We'll need skilled trades to deliver it. We also need unskilled labour in all parts of our economy. Bar staff to Shop workers to building labourers. Register them and get them out working.

armaghniac

The birth rate is too low all over Europe, for instance in Italy, although property in Italy is not increasing in price as it is here.
But we do need to build more houses in Ireland.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 05, 2023, 11:27:08 AM

has it not gone down?

It's going down yes. But it will take a while for that to have an effect as people are living longer.

Rossfan

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 05, 2023, 10:31:46 AM

was barely a road in those days. Theres the land here to support that population but not the schools, hospitals, housing etc etc etc.

Anyway I'd prefer a more rural Ireland with green fields and a smaller population than massive urban concrete shitholes, maybe that makes me racist lol
De Valera is reincarnated :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM