Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on November 17, 2023, 08:09:36 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 16, 2023, 10:44:55 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 16, 2023, 07:20:20 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 27, 2023, 03:12:16 PMNo I don't want boats full of illegal immigrants coming here. They aren't fleeing wars in France. All for immigration through the proper channels,  on the condition that you must get a job.

Maybe I am a far right racist then?

Aren't you an Andrew Tate fanboy?
Not really no. Not sure what relevance that would have anyway lol

If you have been granted asylum in the republic of Ireland, you are legally not allowed to work for I think 9 months. If you are being held waiting a decision on your asylum request (eg in a direct provision centre) you are not allowed to work. Some of those people are waiting years.

In my experience, the vast majority of the two groups above want to work. In my local town the ones that cant work have joined in the tidy towns effort and and can be seen every weekend helping to tidy, pick rubbish etc They do this to show they are bringing some contribution to their new home.

Now now Itchy, don't be letting actual truths get in the way of a good aul lie to stir shit up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Kidder81

Powerful words from Aisling Murphys boyfriend today in court... I wonder is he a far right racist too ?

Describing to the court how he and 23-year-old schoolteacher Murphy had met, and their plans for each other, he said that Ireland was "not safe anymore," and asked: "How can someone come to this country, get social housing, social welfare, not hold down a job of any description and never contribute to society for 10 years?"

"10 years?", he continued. "This is not the country that Ashling and I grew up in and once loved."

burdizzo

No, just a common-sense extremist.

gallsman

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 17, 2023, 02:30:50 PMPowerful words from Aisling Murphys boyfriend today in court... I wonder is he a far right racist too ?

Describing to the court how he and 23-year-old schoolteacher Murphy had met, and their plans for each other, he said that Ireland was "not safe anymore," and asked: "How can someone come to this country, get social housing, social welfare, not hold down a job of any description and never contribute to society for 10 years?"

"10 years?", he continued. "This is not the country that Ashling and I grew up in and once loved."

Reminds me of the West Wing scene where Toby tells Bartlett how it's a good idea that relatives of victims of crime don't get to decide and mete out punishment.

He's suffering, heartbroken and, of course, perfectly entitled to his opinion. Despite the tragic circumstances, it remains precisely that. His opinion.

Rossfan

Weren't many foreigners about when Larry Murphy was on the rampage.
Weren't many around and wasn't too safe when Marilyn Rynne was murdered.

239 women murdered in the 26 from 1996 to mid 2022.
All by males?

Kidder81

Quote from: Rossfan on November 17, 2023, 05:34:58 PMWeren't many foreigners about when Larry Murphy was on the rampage.
Weren't many around and wasn't too safe when Marilyn Rynne was murdered.

239 women murdered in the 26 from 1996 to mid 2022.
All by males?

Aye sure we have a big enough handlin with our own Larry Murphys without feral lowlifes like Puskas.

clarshack

The boyfriends statement might actually put a spotlight on Irish spongers as well which would be a good thing imo.

Itchy made a good post yesterday about refugees contributing to society by helping to clean up their local town. Not sure if unemployed natives do this too but they should be made to.

Kidder81

Quote from: clarshack on November 18, 2023, 07:08:23 PMThe boyfriends statement might actually put a spotlight on Irish spongers as well which would be a good thing imo.

Itchy made a good post yesterday about refugees contributing to society by helping to clean up their local town. Not sure if unemployed natives do this too but they should be made to.

I would doubt it. You just go to the doctor and tell them you have a sore back (in his case) it can't be disproved. Anyone that wants a job has one.

Armagh18

Quote from: clarshack on November 18, 2023, 07:08:23 PMThe boyfriends statement might actually put a spotlight on Irish spongers as well which would be a good thing imo.

Fair play to them. It's like everything, you'll have some immigrants that bring a load of good to the country like that and then you'll have some that are a waste of oxygen and do nothing but claim welfare, then you'll have a small minority like the sub human scum who murdered poor Aisling

Milltown Row2

So what's the answer? Leave the EU? Control your own borders?

Stop welfare across the board for everyone refusing to work, anyone claiming an illness is given a medical to access their condition?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2023, 09:30:24 AMSo what's the answer? Leave the EU? Control your own borders?

Stop welfare across the board for everyone refusing to work, anyone claiming an illness is given a medical to access their condition?

Not sure how we leave the EU without getting shafted like the brits. Second part yes absolutely no brainer

Milltown Row2

So we have an open border so stop complaining about it, the alternative is brexit style.

The other part should be happening, but across the board, I'd say we have a hell of a lot of spongers, and the government needs to get more from companies that pay next to nothing tax.

LeoMc

Freedom of movement within the EU is the portability of qualifications and the freedom to work anywhere within the EU. There is no right to move for the sake of selecting the best healthcare or welfare system.

The UK did not or pretended they could not control their borders and Brexit was the result.

A Country can control its own borders within the EU. Ireland is in a better position than most in that we are an Island, though it is complicated by the Common travel area.

However to really control our borders we would a national identity system such as ID cards and many of those most against immigration would be equally against at the Government implementing such a system of monitoring the population.