Sinn Fein - Finished in the Republic

Started by Pietas, June 11, 2007, 11:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Fluffy Che on June 12, 2007, 07:46:36 PM
The small but virulent loyalist/unionist cabal that stalk this board are getting quite tiring.  Constant bitter attacks on S.F. and personal abuse reserved for S.F. leadership, repetition of the same old gombeen lies and cliche.  l'm bored, have stopped reading a lot of their posts.
Fact-this board is open to all and l find much of it quite entertaining , educational even.
l question the motives of OWCers spending more time here than on their own site!
l have visited OWC and find most of the rants there puerile esp. the thread about schoolgirls..there is also a sectarian element when the political arena is entered.
We've had years of that crap, so do us all a favour and keep the hatred to your own wee dark corner.

I stopped reading political posts on here which involved Evil Genius many months ago. He's a bit like a dung beetle. He tends to deal in crap, often rolling balls of it and finally hiding himself somewhere in it. His posts are punctuated with cheap point-scoring dressed up in pitiful armour usually involving a mass of asterisks and lame sectarian humour. There are actually some witty and interesting posters on here from a relatively different background to the majority of GAABOARD posters who are worth reading. Those who give EG the time of day just add to the dungheap.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Quote from: SuperMac on June 12, 2007, 07:55:49 PM

"  l'm bored, have stopped reading a lot of their posts. " Yeah, I think I'll do the same with E.G. I mean, fair enough even a unionist can make a relevant point from time to time, but that oaf is beyond patience.

"...even a unionist..."?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 12, 2007, 08:03:39 PM
Quote from: SuperMac on June 12, 2007, 07:55:49 PM
Quote from: Fluffy Che on June 12, 2007, 07:46:36 PM
The small but virulent loyalist/unionist cabal that stalk this board are getting quite tiring.  Constant bitter attacks on S.F. and personal abuse reserved for S.F. leadership, repetition of the same old gombeen lies and cliche.  l'm bored, have stopped reading a lot of their posts.
Fact-this board is open to all and l find much of it quite entertaining , educational even.
l question the motives of OWCers spending more time here than on their own site!
l have visited OWC and find most of the rants there puerile esp. the thread about schoolgirls..there is also a sectarian element when the political arena is entered.
We've had years of that crap, so do us all a favour and keep the hatred to your own wee dark corner.

"  l'm bored, have stopped reading a lot of their posts. " Yeah, I think I'll do the same with E.G. I mean, fair enough even a unionist can make a relevant point from time to time, but that oaf is beyond patience.

Hear, hear! All for free speech, but not repeated, and repeated, and repeated... ad nauseam. There's a cabal on this board who'd be better off checking themselves into the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder clinic, and quickly, i.e.,those who believe that if they assert something loud enough and often enough it'll come true. An excellent ruse to turn people right off what you write off.
thing is this is the type of behaviour they are used to.

The old routine was to talk AT the nationalist republican second class, dictate to them just 'what to say', 'what to think' and also TELL them what the situation was - rather than the reality of any situation.

the ethos still remains and you can see it on here in a lot of the posts. But of course decades of experience has them well schooled in dressing it up and portraying themselves as the victims.
Thing is, we are no longer the poor second class citizens who are MADE listen to them and adhere to their rulings. NI is a far better place and will become a decent re-united country (when the time and economic conditions are right for the south to want this to happen).

Until then, just watch the language and veiled bully boy tatics these folks use.
Its highly amusing!

GweylTah

Very good LynchBoy.

Of course, come the day of Irish unity, the SDLP will probably merge into one of the existing parties, SF will be an irrelvance, and the former Unionist parties as a bloc will probably hold the effective balance of power in Irish politics forever and a day.  (You wouldnt want them feeling like a victimised minority now, would you - at just under 20% of the island's population, they could be bothersome if they're not properly cherished.).   ;)   

Be careful what you wish for.

Rossfan

Quote from: GweylTah on June 13, 2007, 08:50:43 PM
Unionist - at just under 20% of the island's population, they could be bothersome

Only "Could" be bothersom  - that would be a great advance on what they've been for the last 400 years :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

nifan

Quote from: ONeill link=topic=3165.msg101595#msg101595
He's a bit like a dung beetle. He tends to deal in crap, often rolling balls of it and finally hiding himself somewhere in it.
/quote]

sorry eg, but i have to say the cut of this post made me laugh :D

magickingdom

Quote from: nifan on June 14, 2007, 01:51:40 AM
He's a bit like a dung beetle. He tends to deal in crap, often rolling balls of it and finally hiding himself somewhere in it.
/quote]

had to laugh at that  ;D. i will say although he is repeatitive he makes some good points unlike that twat gweyltah who makes no effort whatsoever...

Evil Genius

Quote from: nifan on June 14, 2007, 01:51:40 AM
/quote]

All Hail the Dung Beetle! It has an extraordinary ability to see through and deal with the crap that other creatures deposit. In fact, were it not for the humble beetle, everyone else would be up to their knees in their own shit!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/07/07/MN111325.DTL

"But dung beetles aren't as unsophisticated as they look: They possess the entomological version of a global-positioning satellite system"

"Unaided human eyes can't see those polarization patterns. By contrast, dung beetles dearly depend on those same patterns for late-night foraging. Like broad features on a map, those polarization patterns allow the beetles to keep their bearing and to continue moving in a straight line rather than wandering hopelessly in circles"

"Her team's discovery probably will please those entomology buffs who believe that dung beetles deserve more respect"
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

All WORSHIP the Dung (or Scarab) Beetle:

Deification of the scarab beetle is still seen in Egypt today. Amon-Ra, the creator and king of the gods, had the head of a beetle. "Ra, the Sole Creator was visible to the people of Egypt as the disc of the sun, but they knew him in many other forms. He could appear as a crowned man, a falcon or a man with a falcon's head and, as the scarab beetle pushes a round ball of dung in front of it, the Egyptians pictured Ra as a scarab pushing the sun across the sky." (Geraldine Harris, Gods & Pharaohs from Egyptian Mythology, p. 24).
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

saffron

Quoteat just under 20% of the island's population, they could be bothersome if they're not properly cherished.

Interesting to see how FF would manage that one but manage it they would. A permanent DUP/FF coalition!! mcDowell wouldnt seem so bad then...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quoteat just under 20% of the island's population, they could be bothersome if they're not properly cherished.

Surely they would cease to be Unionists in a United Ireland????

And wouldn't they be more likely to join/merge/align themselves with Fine Gael or the PD's?
Tbc....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 14, 2007, 12:55:03 PM

Surely they would cease to be Unionists in a United Ireland????

And wouldn't they be more likely to join/merge/align themselves with Fine Gael or the PD's?

Perhaps Reunionists?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

GweylTah

Hope Gerry Adams MP enjoys his day visiting the Dail today as the country elects its new Taoiseach  - with the Briitsh MP sitting in the strangers gallery.

;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: GweylTah on June 14, 2007, 02:33:21 PM
Hope Gerry Adams MP enjoys his day visiting the Dail today as the country elects its new Taoiseach  - with the Briitsh MP sitting in the strangers gallery.

;D

Jesus, give it up mandear, your like a broken record player ffs!
Tbc....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 14, 2007, 02:48:15 PM
Quote from: GweylTah on June 14, 2007, 02:33:21 PM

;D

Jesus, give it up mandear, your like a broken record player ffs!

We're feeding her fix by responding GDA, though it's more pity I feel now myself when I see such pathetic attempts to be pithy.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...