Tipp-Limerick

Started by thejuice, June 10, 2007, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

lemon, I was hearing that there was a bit of arsing around going on with the Mullinahone lads, the BW in particular? There was even rumours of a dropping there. Did you hear that?

lemon125

no... nothing about the Mullinahone lads.
Well Eoin was supposed to have had a run in with Babs, hence the 'off the frees' game the first day but thats supposed to be sorted now. He would never drop Eoin dont think anyone manager could try that. Not unless you heard somethign different??

A few years ago there was rumours that the Mullinahone and Toome lads wouldnt talk to each other in the Tipp camp??

In general, the Tipp camp is pretty united, i know there's stories but most if it is supporters going a bit OTT with it. Babs and the players are the ones in training and actually doing it, they know whats its actually like and with all the rumous about a split camp they are playing pretty well as a team unit. Bar the last 10 min on Saturday!

AZOffaly

Ah yeah, I know the way these things get spun when the supporter Chinese whispers get started! It was just pub talk in Newport that Eoin and Paul were rowing with Babs, and a dropping for Eoin was on the cards. Not sure why Paul would have been fighting? this was just after Offaly beat Tipp in the challenge match about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

lemon125

Think Paul at the start of the year might not have been happy playing corner forward but he was flying it once he settled down in that postition. That Offally challenge match was the physio's fault, Paul would be back fit and playing for Tipp only for them to give Paul the all clear only for him to break down after 15 minutes and another set back of 6/7 weeks. Maybe it was babs giving out to Physio's about Paul Kelly but.... no... after that its bullshit... I dont know but sometimes in club trainig we'd have fights and tempers would flare, its not usually a bad thing i've found out. It shows that the players are hungry and want to win more than anything that are willing to go that extra bit even in training.
Maybe a closed door policy that Galway/Kiilkenny have in place is whats needed. Sometimes there could be about 100 people watching Tipp trainign at any given time and everyone of those will have a different opinion on whats going on.

cicfada

Christ lads, lots of talk about the Lim  v Tipp game but yesterday's game was an all-time classic.I thought Sat's game was great for the comback but the standard yesterday was so much better!Cork got hung up on this suspension craic and they could afford to lose yesterday.Waterford will be hard bet, really can't see anyone other lineup other than the cats and the Deise in the final!!Hurling is such a great sport all the same!!

Orior

Tuned in until half time, and thought Tipp had it so cleared off :(

Disapppointed as neither team will threaten KK
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Lecale2

Quote from: Hardy on June 17, 2007, 12:10:58 AM
Aren't we blessed to be alive in times like these.

Part III is on RTE 1 on Sunday. You're surely right Hardy.

It has to be Tipp this time, they can't blow it again but I'd love to see Limerick pull it off. For me this is the only game worth watching this weekend.

neilthemac

QuoteBenny Dunne has had more positions at this stage than can be found in the marital suite of a newly wed couple on their wedding night

an all time classic quote from An Fear Rua...

Lecale2

Limerick make three changes
Limerick boss Richie Bennis has altered his midfield and attack for Sunday's Munster SHC semi-final second replay against Tipperary at the Gaelic Grounds.

Brian Begley and Mike Fitzgerald, who played central roles in last Saturday's second half comeback following their introductions, have both earned themselves starting places at the expense of Peter Lawlor and Barry Foley. And Sean O'Connor, who was injured in the original fixture, is recalled in place of Brian Tobin.

Fitzgerald is named at left half forward, Begley at full forward and O'Connor at top of the left. Mike O'Brien, who started at right half forward last weekend, is now at midfield where he takes over from Lawlor.

Niall Moran switches from left half forward to right half forward, while Andrew O'Shaughnessy moves from full forward to the right corner forward slot which was filled by Tobin in Thurles.

Limerick (SH v Tipperary): B Murray; S Lucey, D Reale, S Hickey; M O'Riordan, B Geary, M Foley; M O'Brien, D O'Grady; N Moran, O Moran, M Fitzgerald; A O'Shaughnessy, B Begley, S O'Connor.

Hoganstand

Silky

Boys whats the craic with this match? Im minded to head to it but is it ticket only or can you pay at the gate? Im hearing conflicting stories. Apparently there was long queues for tickets in Limerick on Wednesday. If its going to be any hassle I'll just watch it in the pub.

Onlooker

The Mackey stand and the Uncovered Stand are all ticket, but it is cash at the gate for both terraces.

Leith_Limerick_Lad

I think this will be the game where our luck finally runs out. Lets be honest, Tipp can only blow it so many times.

Offaly in the qualifiers instead of Waterford in the Munster final  :(

Redgreenery

Limerick playing well. Score Limerick 0-7 Tipp 0-2 after 25 mins.

Redgreenery

Full Time
Limerick 0-15 Tipp 1-12!!
Going once again to extra time!! wow. :o

Redgreenery

First Period of extra time over
Limerick 0-17 Tipp 2-13