There are 9 genders in Ireland now. Imagine

Started by seafoid, December 22, 2022, 04:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on December 23, 2022, 07:27:24 PM
One interesting aspect is that the trans movement is much stronger in English speaking countries. France has far lower incidence...

That's great, we should move all those attention seekers to France
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: whitey on December 23, 2022, 05:39:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2022, 04:59:10 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on December 23, 2022, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 23, 2022, 03:40:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2022, 02:52:02 PM
Quote from: trailer on December 23, 2022, 01:26:24 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 23, 2022, 01:13:22 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2022, 12:47:43 PM
Quote from: trailer on December 23, 2022, 12:22:51 PM
Quote from: general_lee on December 23, 2022, 11:02:40 AM
Live and let live. Some lads on here strike me as the type that only have sex with socks on and the lights off

No problem but when someone with a c**k wants to play in my daughters ladies football team, I think we can all agree that is wrong. The clue is in the title. LADIES football.
"What a point from Dave. She taking her marker Mary to the cleaners. Little know fact... she also has a penis"

Charming.

Let's just hope for their sake that it's not your child or grandchild who has to deal with gender identity issues.

I know 4 kids who are supposedly transgender

I hate to say but from my vantage point it's just oddball kids looking for attention and acceptance

One  kid is a complete weirdo who was adopted and went completely off the rails when his parents got divorced. Before he became transgender he was stalking and harassing elderly neighbors at nighttime wearing a mask (pre pandemic) Very disturbing behavior

I accept people who want to transition. Whatever floats your boat. Go for it. But it's this nonsense of non binary and them/those pronouns. And then when Men want to compete in Women's sport. I draw a hard line at that point. It's children who have been over indulged and have developed a mental problem.

Like I said, let's hope for their sake it never arrives on your doorstep.

Correct

But I hate to say that in at least two of the cases I know of,  the parents actively encouraged this behavior in an effort to bring attention to themselves and get plaudits on social media

Exactly. Responsible parenting would cut a lot of it out. I personally only know one 'trans' teenager, but I have to say, the parents gloried in being such "look at me, I'm open-minded'"-liberal parents that if you had to pick one family, it'd be them. Remember, if anything goes, then anything will come.

So the parents should have hid themselves in shame?

Maybe they should have done what my next-door neighbour did with their pregnant (late) teenage daughter when I was a kid.

Kept her in the house once she started to show, until after she'd given birth.

It's Not like it wasn't widely known. But sure it still had to be downplayed and treated as a source of shame and embarrassment in 80s Ireland.

I don't know if you have first hand experience of this-but I have (3 classmates of my sons, all kids of teachers and a kid who lives 5 houses away)

In all 4 cases -it's flat out attention seeking. If the parents had  actually done their jobs in the first place they wouldn't be dealing with this now

Yeah suppressing worked so much better as we know here in Ireland. 🤨

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2022, 04:44:53 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 23, 2022, 03:29:26 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 23, 2022, 02:31:16 PM
Kids with problems are probably not going to fix them via surgery.

This is the thing. Surgery is portrayed as this wonder cure and it really isn't. They are just as miserable after.

Is there data to back this statement up (genuine question)?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043071/

I also read somewhere that the suicide rate has been observed to be the same in populations before and after surgery.

Wildweasel74

I had actually first hand experience of this and tread carefully as wasn't sure what to do. Girlfriend at the time oldest girl ( 10) at the time, always seen herself as a tomboy. It moved from there to wishing she was a boy, and feels like a boy, to wanting to be addressed as a boys name and called him. Parents had split and I at the time, put abit of it down to that. And she grow out of it, she never changed 5yrs later, even though I don't see the mother any more. So it's more than a phase. Didn't like me calling her name, and I found it hard to call her a boys name, so u just try to work round it. Situation for her mum was awkward, as its strange coming from one so young at the time. But that how people feel and you have to accept all people are different.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2022, 06:34:58 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 23, 2022, 05:39:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2022, 04:59:10 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on December 23, 2022, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 23, 2022, 03:40:35 PM
Live and let live. Some lads on here strike me as the type that only have sex with socks on and the lights off

No problem but when someone with a c**k wants to play in my daughters ladies football team, I think we can all agree that is wrong. The clue is in the title. LADIES football.
"What a point from Dave. She taking her marker Mary to the cleaners. Little know fact... she also has a penis"

Charming.

Let's just hope for their sake that it's not your child or grandchild who has to deal with gender identity issues.

I hate to say but from my vantage point it's just oddball kids looking for attention and acceptance

One  kid is a complete weirdo who was adopted and went completely off the rails when his parents got divorced. Before he became transgender he was stalking and harassing elderly neighbors at nighttime wearing a mask (pre pandemic) Very disturbing behavior

I accept people who want to transition. Whatever floats your boat. Go for it. But it's this nonsense of non binary and them/those pronouns. And then when Men want to compete in Women's sport. I draw a hard line at that point. It's children who have been over indulged and have developed a mental problem.

Correct

But I hate to say that in at least two of the cases I know of,  the parents actively encouraged this behavior in an effort to bring attention to themselves and get plaudits on social media

Exactly. Responsible parenting would cut a lot of it out. I personally only know one 'trans' teenager, but I have to say, the parents gloried in being such "look at me, I'm open-minded'"-liberal parents that if you had to pick one family, it'd be them. Remember, if anything goes, then anything will come.

So the parents should have hid themselves in shame?

Maybe they should have done what my next-door neighbour did with their pregnant (late) teenage daughter when I was a kid.

Kept her in the house once she started to show, until after she'd given birth.

It's Not like it wasn't widely known. But sure it still had to be downplayed and treated as a source of shame and embarrassment in 80s Ireland.

I don't know if you have first hand experience of this-but I have (3 classmates of my sons, all kids of teachers and a kid who lives 5 houses away)

In all 4 cases -it's flat out attention seeking. If the parents had  actually done their jobs in the first place they wouldn't be dealing with this now

There's not much I can do or say about your anecdotes whitey. I've no idea how qualified or informed you are to make the determinations you have.

But again, assuming it's all exactly as you say, what does that mean?

That it's all bullshit?

Anyway, we're probably going to get reported again to the mods for ruining the thread.

This is a discussion board and people share OPINIONS on discussion boards

My OPINION is, that the 4 people I know who are transitioning, are motivated by a desire to seek attention and to receive positive reinforcement from others on social media.

Other posters may have different OPINIONS based on their lived experiences

That being said, I make sure to address them by their chosen names and correct pronouns if I happen to run into them or their parents.

Either way, regardless of their motivations for transitioning, it must be difficult for all involved

general_lee

Quote from: Rossfan on December 23, 2022, 02:19:55 PM
Trailer seems way over qualified for this board  ::)
It's nice to get the BNP viewpoint now and again

tonto1888

One interesting aspect is that the trans movement is much stronger in English speaking countries. France has far lower incidence...

the trans movement. Wise up

tonto1888

Charming.

fingers crossed

seafoid

There should really be 32 genders for Ireland.

RedHand88

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 24, 2022, 07:02:51 AM

It's what they call themselves.

I don't know why this offends you.

Saffrongael

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 24, 2022, 08:56:26 AM

Hate speech

Reported
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

armaghniac

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 24, 2022, 09:27:19 AM

Hate speech

Reported

;D
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

burdizzo

Quote from: armaghniac on December 24, 2022, 12:34:14 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on December 24, 2022, 09:27:19 AM

Hate speech

Reported

;D

Sad thing is, he's jests you not. I've already been banned form this board for stating the obvious.

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 23, 2022, 10:10:05 PM
I had actually first hand experience of this and tread carefully as wasn't sure what to do. Girlfriend at the time oldest girl ( 10) at the time, always seen herself as a tomboy. It moved from there to wishing she was a boy, and feels like a boy, to wanting to be addressed as a boys name and called him. Parents had split and I at the time, put abit of it down to that. And she grow out of it, she never changed 5yrs later, even though I don't see the mother any more. So it's more than a phase. Didn't like me calling her name, and I found it hard to call her a boys name, so u just try to work round it. Situation for her mum was awkward, as its strange coming from one so young at the time. But that how people feel and you have to accept all people are different.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e1356292-ebdd-11ec-8821-d2e916a7eab3?shareToken=4c905a432d1f2dabc2accc0c1919825b

"Line one, page one of any psychotherapeutic approach – be it Freudian, Kleinian, Jungian, it doesn't matter – is what you get is not what there is. There's something else beneath the manifest.

Most trans kids need therapy to find out what the problem is.
If I had a  trans daughter I would not approve the removal of her breasts if I wasn't sure what the problem was. You must be joking.