Irelands greatest deli counter

Started by Truth hurts, December 21, 2022, 04:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quinns (now Kellys) Spar in Cookstown, Tyrone. I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Armagh18

Quote from: Nanderson on December 21, 2022, 09:04:23 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on December 21, 2022, 04:02:53 PM
Personally the six counties deli-counters are far superior to the free state. Some counters are excellent while others are crap. Any tips for a man who travels a lot on the best delis or ones to avoid. The Milestone in Rathfriland is the best I have ever been too IMO.
+1 on the milestone
unbelievable grub in that place. Second best thing in Down behind the road out of there ;)

Truth hurts

Creightons at Balmoral is a 6/10, could do better

WeeDonns

Centra leads, the rest follow
Martin's Centra out at fortwilliam docks in belfast was a good one, followed by Centra Malone road, Botanic Avenue etc

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 21, 2022, 08:56:19 PM
Personally the six counties deli-counters are far superior to the free state. Some counters are excellent while others are crap. Any tips for a man who travels a lot on the best delis or ones to avoid. The Milestone in Rathfriland is the best I have ever been too IMO.

This is a fair point and one that needs to be considered in any future UI discussions. We'll only give up our public sector if there's a commitment from the south to up the stakes in the deli department!!

There was a book review on Today FM the other day reviewing a book about Breakfasts in Ireland - the reviewer was championing how much better a breakfast was up north because it included Soda bread, potato bread & beans - totally agree

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: WeeDonns on December 22, 2022, 10:56:47 AM
Martin's Centra out at fortwilliam docks in belfast was a good one, followed by Centra Malone road, Botanic Avenue etc

This is a fair point and one that needs to be considered in any future UI discussions. We'll only give up our public sector if there's a commitment from the south to up the stakes in the deli department!!

There was a book review on Today FM the other day reviewing a book about Breakfasts in Ireland - the reviewer was championing how much better a breakfast was up north because it included Soda bread, potato bread & beans - totally agree

One of lifes great mysteries how potato bread and fried soda (the white version) never caught on down south for breakfast.

Armagh18

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on December 22, 2022, 11:01:46 AM

One of lifes great mysteries how potato bread and fried soda (the white version) never caught on down south for breakfast.
heathens

Itchy

I love a good head of cabbage. I have a field that is split in half by the border and the cabbage in the northern part of the field is far superior to the cabbage in the southern half.

trueblue1234

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 22, 2022, 10:04:57 AM
Quinns (now Kellys) Spar in Cookstown, Tyrone. I will fight anyone who disagrees.

The one in Coalisland, can't mind the name, is unreal!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 22, 2022, 12:07:43 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 22, 2022, 10:04:57 AM

The one in Coalisland, can't mind the name, is unreal!!

Newells? Yes worthy of an honourable mention.

RedHand88

Quote from: Itchy on December 22, 2022, 11:20:52 AM
I love a good head of cabbage. I have a field that is split in half by the border and the cabbage in the northern part of the field is far superior to the cabbage in the southern half.

Hope you have your paperwork in order for moving it from one end of the field to the other!

Truth hurts

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on December 22, 2022, 11:01:46 AM

This needs debated on when the new Ireland comes about

laoislad

Should the thread not be titled Northern Ireland's greatest deli counter?.............
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Truth hurts

Quote from: laoislad on December 22, 2022, 01:33:41 PM
Should the thread not be titled Northern Ireland's greatest deli counter?.............

Where is Northern Ireland ?  ;) :D

clonadmad

Quote from: Itchy on December 22, 2022, 11:20:52 AM

Red (white and blue) Cabbage?

seafoid

Have any cases of deli belly been recorded or are the hospitals too full ?