Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

With the 3 johnstons and laverty youd still think kilcoo will have too much up front.

Youd expect more from the 3 dohertys the next day. Set up nicely

grounded

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 27, 2022, 02:48:41 PM
Cargin seem to be a poor enough team up front, do serious amount of fouling. what's that say about Glen today. Too cocky the problem. Just leaving enough in it for the goal at the end.

Yep, Laverty(6) and the full back made quite a few unnecessary tackles that gifted Glen Easy free kick chances.
    I don't think Glen are as bad as they looked today. Missed a number of clear cut goal chances and easy points. Cargin played to the best of their ability but are limited at this level. Shivers played well but had very poor supply.
    I had Glen as the best team in the championship last year, but they have definitely gone back since then, particularly with the loss of McFaul who would have brought some leadership to that group, which they seemed to lack today(apart from Glass who was superb)
   Kilcoo on the other hand seemed to have if anything improved, and have a number of younger players who have matured since last year (McEvoy, Rooney , Morgan).

downtothecore

Fair play to cargin they are no slotches... but it is ulster final that many predicted. looking forward to a very tactical game by to teams with good systems. Its 50.50 and I cant call it but it should draw a big crowd.

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on November 27, 2022, 03:12:09 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on November 27, 2022, 03:02:00 PM
Cargin keeper had a great first half stopped a goal and scored a free. However is down fall was kicking the ball into an area with no black shirts a few times.

If Dylan Wards hamstring holds up he will cancel out Conor falls easy Glass.

Kilcoo have much better ball handlers and don't miss much they are also very disaplined in the tackle.

My guess would be Kilcoo.
Glens midfield is exceptional for a club team. Kilcoo kept Glass quiet enough last year Ward was stuck to him the whole day. Should be a close final but unless Glen send Michael Scofield to get McFaul home Kilcoo should win it imo

Kilcoo are bog average at midfield and if Glen are to win they will need to win that battle.

tonto1888

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

50:50, what 2 games did you watch this wkend, Kilcoo clear favourites. Glen blow very hot or very cold, you don't know who turn up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 27, 2022, 05:40:56 PM
50:50, what 2 games did you watch this wkend, Kilcoo clear favourites. Glen blow very hot or very cold, you don't know who turn up.

Glen very average today, got job done though.  Kilcoo have nothing to prove, they've been there done that so pressure on Glen, who would need to approach this game with a massive improvement on todays performance,,

Cargin unlucky and showed that Glen are not a powerhouse so many people thought
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Will it ever end

When you say they were unlucky MR2 - at what point did you feel they were going to win the game?

Glen had a shocking conversion rate today & only for that would have pulled clear much earlier - I think they'll be absolutely delighted to go into an Ulster final with people saying their "lucky" to be there 😂

Saul goodman

I think Glen were lucky in the sense that they played quite poor but won by 5 points.

That said in last few mins the running power of some of their players was evident and they were deserving winner, I think cargin should have been more direct in second half.

Was impressed with Kilcoo last night, so professional. Be odds on to win in 2 weeks time no doubt

Wildweasel74

It took over 40mins for Cargin to score from play? I thought they were very poor also. Glen were very bad.

Wildweasel74

Kilcoo have plenty to proof, they want another all Ireland to be put there with Burren from the late '80's.They been in the Ulster championship 10 out of 11yrs, They want more than just 2 Ulster titles to show in that time frame.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Will it ever end on November 27, 2022, 06:18:17 PM
When you say they were unlucky MR2 - at what point did you feel they were going to win the game?

Glen had a shocking conversion rate today & only for that would have pulled clear much earlier - I think they'll be absolutely delighted to go into an Ulster final with people saying their "lucky" to be there 😂

There are points in games when a lucky bounce of the ball or slip can open up an opportunity. Cargin kept in the game to give themselves that chance, unluckily for them it didn't come up, the game against the Donegal champions showed that it can happen.

Did you see anything to tell you they'll improve on last years performance?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Totally agree. Cargin managed about 2 shots from play in the 1st half ...Glen missed a 1 on 1 and about 6 easy shots wide. Could have been 10 in it at half time.

Cargin will or should be pissed off that they didn't have a go. Cargin too keen to go backwards and only put on Close with 2 to go.

Needed drive which they only got in spurts from the brilliant O Boyle and Sean o neill

Shivers is a great kicker of the ball and a tall man but needs to hit the gym hard to strengthen the legs and get fit so he can  drive past smaller boys as he simply couldn't today and looked knackered from minute 1. Only get 1 go of a career so he should take his chance to be better.

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

delgany

:-\
Quote from: Gold on November 27, 2022, 07:22:25 PM

Totally agree. Cargin managed about 2 shots from play in the 1st half ...Glen missed a 1 on 1 and about 6 easy shots wide. Could have been 10 in it at half time.

Cargin will or should be pissed off that they didn't have a go. Cargin too keen to go backwards and only put on Close with 2 to go.

Needed drive which they only got in spurts from the brilliant O Boyle and Sean o neill

Shivers is a great kicker of the ball and a tall man but needs to hit the gym hard to strengthen the legs and get fit so he can  drive past smaller boys as he simply couldn't today and looked knackered from minute 1. Only get 1 go of a career so he should take his chance to be better.

Hard to always know from TV coverage but thought the balls into Pat Shivers were poor enough and didnt play to his strengths.