Outstanding footballer So Far 2007

Started by High Catch, June 05, 2007, 03:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Catch

Who do you feel has been the outstanding footballer so far in this years championship? Ill go for Conal Keaney of Dublin.

AZOffaly

Jaysus very early for that. Keaney had a good game alright, but I think it's way too early.

blasmere

A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Kerry Mike

James Masters has scored something like 3-13 in 2 games, I know the opposition has been poor, but you still need to stick them in the net and over the bar.

I can see the Headline already for the Munster final, "Masters Bates Kerry"
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 05, 2007, 03:55:16 PM
James Masters has scored something like 3-13 in 2 games, I know the opposition has been poor, but you still need to stick them in the net and over the bar.

I can see the Headline already for the Munster final, "Masters Bates Kerry"

I hope your right Kerry mike i never want to see the Green and gold of Kerry in Croker again ;) ;)  then again if Cork do beat Kerry knowing our luck Mayo will be probably be drawn against Kerry in the qualifers, oh no the therapy continues
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Louth Exile

I agree with AZ, a bit early for this and already the players from the smaller counties are being forgotten about, the like of
Leighton Glynn & Tommy Gill (Wicklow)
Brian Kavanagh (Longford)
JP Rooney (Louth)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

Ronan Murtagh the Down half-back has to be worth a mention at this stage.
Was very unimpressed by Brian Kavanagh on Saturday, missed a sight of frees and dived to win frees on countless other occasions

Sandy Hill

QuoteFergal Logan

Certainly the best defender about at the moment!
"Stercus accidit"

Louth Exile

Quote from: ExiledGael on June 05, 2007, 09:50:42 PM
Ronan Murtagh the Down half-back has to be worth a mention at this stage.
Was very unimpressed by Brian Kavanagh on Saturday, missed a sight of frees and dived to win frees on countless other occasions
Agreed, but he put on a good show against Iarmhi
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Mourne Rover

The two Ronans, Murtagh and Sexton, have been excellent in both of Down's games to date, but our captain Declan Rooney has been outstanding. Given that he only made his championship debut against Cavan, and he's probably being played out of position due to the lack of options at full back, he has made a massive impact.

oakleaf stateside

Quote from: Sandy Hill on June 05, 2007, 09:54:03 PM
QuoteFergal Logan

Certainly the best defender about at the moment!
the only player that can defend Bradley  :D :D :D :D :D :D
Dont Do It

North Longford

Apparently Longfords Declan Reilly wasn't fit for club training last night. With Dessie Dolan in one pocket and Beano McDonald in the other it was just too much of a load to carry. ;D

BTW for those who give out about Kavanagh diving you'd want to be at some of the games including Saturday and see the abuse he gets off the ball. Fair play to O'Neills, I don't know how the jerseys stand up to it!

Jinxy

Cian Ward. 20 minutes, 5 points. Can't argue with that! ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Billys Boots

Quotegive out about Kavanagh diving

There were two lads hanging out of his jersey the whole first half alright - if the ref wasn't blowing them up, I'd dive meself.  Like North Longford, I'd have said that Declan Reilly has been Longford's best player this campaign, and David Hannify's done very well too.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...