All Stars 2022

Started by ONeill, July 09, 2022, 11:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

Shane Walsh has already guaranteed himself an All Star.
Ulster League Champions 2009

thewobbler

Ciaran Molloy has one nailed now

lenny

After Shane Walsh's performance today he is a certainty and so is Conor McCluskey.

mrdeeds

onefineday

yellowcard

Silke, Molloy, McDaid and Walsh were Galway's best players today. Daly was excellent first half.

For Kerry G O'Sullivan, Morley, Stephen O'Brien and Clifford were best.

I think Ethan Rafferty could get the goalkeepers spot now. Shane Ryan was competent again in goal but nothing more. Kerry were more about their defensive system as a whole this year.

Farrandeelin

Given how much the final performance has on all-star selections, has Comer played himself out of one?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

yellowcard

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 24, 2022, 08:52:52 PM
Given how much the final performance has on all-star selections, has Comer played himself out of one?

No. Comer done ok the second half today although he had to play much deeper than was ideal. The presence of Morley negated his threat but he done enough before today anyway. Comer, Walsh, O'Shea, two Clifford's and one other will be the forwards.

marty34

Quote from: yellowcard on July 24, 2022, 06:52:29 PM
Silke, Molloy, McDaid and Walsh were Galway's best players today. Daly was excellent first half.

I think Ethan Rafferty could get the goalkeepers spot now. Shane Ryan was competent again in goal but nothing more. Kerry were more about their defensive system as a whole this year.

Did Kerry concede any goals this championship?

galwayman

Quote from: Estimator on July 24, 2022, 03:56:24 PM
Shane Walsh has already guaranteed himself an All Star.
He should have got one in 2018

yellowcard

Quote from: marty34 on July 24, 2022, 09:05:29 PM

One. Did Ryan make any saves in the championship? I think it was more down to the defensive system in front of him.

marty34

Quote from: yellowcard on July 24, 2022, 09:12:33 PM

One. Did Ryan make any saves in the championship? I think it was more down to the defensive system in front of him.

True but they'll look at it from a goal-keeping point of view and good going, regardless of opposition, if only one goal conceded.

pbat

If Kerry get 6-7 All Stars out the field then Rafferty will get one, but if its tight calls to get Kerry to that number they will give Ryan one.

yellowcard

Quote from: marty34 on July 24, 2022, 09:14:25 PM

True but they'll look at it from a goal-keeping point of view and good going, regardless of opposition, if only one goal conceded.

All things need to be considered. Rafferty was much more influential for Armagh than Ryan was for Kerry. But on the other hand Rafferty was on a team that was beat in the quarter final whereas Ryan has an AI medal. A lot will depend on how they divvy them out but I'd say Kerry could get as many as 3 defenders in the side after today. Morley, O'Sullivan and Foley probably.

marty34

Quote from: yellowcard on July 24, 2022, 09:20:04 PM
Quote from: marty34 on July 24, 2022, 09:14:25 PM

All things need to be considered. Rafferty was much more influential for Armagh than Ryan was for Kerry. But on the other hand Rafferty was on a team that was beat in the quarter final whereas Ryan has an AI medal. A lot will depend on how they divvy them out but I'd say Kerry could get as many as 3 defenders in the side after today. Morley, O'Sullivan and Foley probably.

O'Sullivan was very poor today. I thought they'd have switched him earlier.