Derry V Donegal Ulster final 2022

Started by shawshank, May 16, 2022, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: p3427977 on May 20, 2022, 04:37:45 PM
Quote from: patsydingle on May 20, 2022, 04:03:06 PM
From very reliable source in UlsterGAA- Derry only getting half of tickets requested!
Going to be some very dissapointed Oakleafers!  :'(
Email from Derry this morning said they would fulfill all requests and only that some in the stand would have to be moved.
seen the same. Apparently clubs in Derry requeated a total of 13k, and got them! Be some disappointed donegal ones who were relying on general sale. At least we should out number the other team for a change!

Wildweasel74

13k, I been at all their home games this year and we wouldn't had 3k at them. Sorry even less, cause I think owenbeg holds 4.5k and it wouldn't been half full

eachaidh

Would welcome thoughts on this - I am going to the Ulster Final in Clones, but I also need to be in Dublin by 8pm. For all of those experienced Ulster Final goers out there - is this even possible? Throw in is at 4pm and I need to be in Dublin City centre four hours later. Can it be done? Is there somewhere to park in Clones that would give a quick exit in the Dublin direction when everyone else is going back to Derry and Donegal?

Wildweasel74

Derryman forever

Quote from: eachaidh on May 20, 2022, 07:08:27 PM
Would welcome thoughts on this - I am going to the Ulster Final in Clones, but I also need to be in Dublin by 8pm. For all of those experienced Ulster Final goers out there - is this even possible? Throw in is at 4pm and I need to be in Dublin City centre four hours later. Can it be done? Is there somewhere to park in Clones that would give a quick exit in the Dublin direction when everyone else is going back to Derry and Donegal?

Helicopter?

J70

I'd say there'd be a fair chunk of people heading back to Dublin too. And then you have all the normal Sunday evening traffic of people heading back to the city after weekends in the country.

Better hope we don't get extra time and penalties!

marty34

If game at 2 pm, you'd be alright but 4 pm is mad.

Watch it on the tv.

JoeSoap

not a hope I'm afraid, if you left at half time maybe

p3427977

Dibs on tickets

eachaidh

Ha - thought so, Dublin might have to wait. Worth a try. Thanks all.

quit yo jibbajabba

So you dont need to be in Dublin by 8?!

Anyone else feel betrayed?

😉

restorepride

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 20, 2022, 02:17:35 PM
Still no joy on ticketmaster, wouldn't be like Derry to drag out 10k of supporters who hadn't seen them in yrs,
The more Doire 'drag out' the better.

Will it ever end

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 20, 2022, 03:58:15 PM
I couldn't get tickets so far either. I don't care about going but my father has watched Derry for over 50 years. The annoying thing is that my local club don't make it easy to become a member. They don't seem to go around doors selling membership like they used to do. I think the game should have been in Croke Park

Strange view that your father can't get membership as the club don't go door to door... surely your aware of the individual's involved with the club and a message could soon sort out payment of membership, hardly the fault of the club here.

Mario

Donegal gaa twitter page announced there will be another release of tickets next week.

onefineday

4pm probably just too late, but you could give it a fair rattle. In my experience, very little traffic heading south and with Monaghan and Cavan not playing, still wouldn't expect much. You'd just park at the bottom of the town in the Cavan direct
ion, fly down the n3, should be well away from the traffic.
Should make it for 8.30 anyway.