Setanta

Started by Stalin, June 03, 2007, 11:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

Is any of the irish setanta channels showing any of the matches this afternoon? on my sky it has gaa scheduled between about 1-6pm. cant get the info up to see who is on though, and the online schedules dont seem to mention any gaa.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

prewtna

basically if rte show it in ireland, setanta show it everywhere else. so its kerry waterford then meath dublin,

think im right with that!

blasmere

You're right, over in the uk, they'll be showing Waterford v Kerry and Dublin v Meath
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

ziggysego

I'm sure they're right, but you can always check the schedule on Setanta's website.
Testing Accessibility

Stalin

the website didnt list any gaa at all  >:(

ziggysego

Where are you?

I'll see if I can get you listings somewhere.
Testing Accessibility

Stalin

ahem. county derry.

ziggysego

Quote from: Stalin on June 03, 2007, 02:09:41 PM
ahem. county derry.

I thought you were off out in America or somewhere  :D

Yep, whatever GAA matches are in the South, you'll get up here.
Testing Accessibility

Louth Exile

Over the last two evenings watched the Meath v Dublin & Louth v Wicklow games again in full on Setanta.
Whereas this is a great service that Setanta provide in being able to watch the full game again, the commentary on both games was woefull  :(
I know he is an LMFM commentator who did both of them, I think it is Brendan Cummins and while he is not bad doing the radio commentary he was absolutley dead and lifeless for both games on Setanta.. Any of the rest of you watch either game??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

AZOffaly

I think Setanta's coverage sans sh1te talk in the studio is A1. I agree about the commentators though, they are very local radio. I know Mal Keaveney from Limerick FM does a few as well.

I'd still prefer them to Marty Farty or Ger Canning anyday though. Even Darragh Maloney's orgasmic commentary on the Dubs the last day was fairly sickening as a neutral.

prewtna

theres a very good radio commentator on mid west radio - Mike Finnerty. alright he's biased but he's good. i think he did a couple of games for setanta during the league?

westmayo

Finnerty is a good radio commentator alright, but he hasn't been that great on Setanta. He did the Dublin v Tyrone league match last year and if I remeber rightly he got a pasting in one of the national papers the Monday after, because he was too radio. Commentating on every little thing that came up on the screen rather than let the pictures tell the story. He can be quite entertaining on MWR and knows his stuff on Mayo inside out. (Suppose the fact he's the Mayo News sports editor he'd have too.)

StoneWall

Quote from: prewtna on June 06, 2007, 11:09:24 AM
theres a very good radio commentator on mid west radio - Mike Finnerty. alright he's biased but he's good. i think he did a couple of games for setanta during the league?

I think Finnerty is very good as well (prewtna I hope you're not Finnerty praising yourself!!!). He did the first league game at Croker between Dublin and Tyrone and I was surprised when he was criticised by one of the national newspapers.

prewtna

I think Finnerty is very good as well (prewtna I hope you're not Finnerty praising yourself!!!). He did the first league game at Croker between Dublin and Tyrone and I was surprised when he was criticised by one of the national newspapers.
[/quote]

not much happening in terms of sport in mayo these days so im takin a few hours off to test the nations opinion of myself!  ;D ;D ;D ;D