Author Topic: You know what really grinds my gears?  (Read 660789 times)

Puckoon

• View Profile
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?
« Reply #915 on: November 13, 2007, 06:18:43 PM »
In laws. Specifically father in laws. Specifically mine.

SERENITY NOW. SERENITY NOW. SERENITY NOW.

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 13, 2007, 07:07:36 PM »
DaithÝ O'SÚ.

The new version of Excel on Windows Vista, especially when it won't make my files compatible with the 2003 type (and therefore most computers as of now), and when it corrupts existing files upon opening them, for some reason unknown.

f**kers who drive at 40-50mph, or even less, in 60mph zones, i.e. main roads, missed the first quarter of the game in Ballina last sunday after getting stuck behind these. It's particularly frustrating because a line of cars driven by people who aren't necessarily reckless but are left to take risks due to these, on the kind of roads where you have to think long and hard about making a move. E.g. you get stuck behind someone outside Tubbercurry heading for Sligo, expect to be stuck behind them til after Ballinacarrow, if traffic is steady heading the other way. As bad as speeding drivers, though obviuosly in a different manner, IMO.

Edit - I might add re the N17, the one place where you can get an opportunity to pass (at the Achonry creamery) also happens to be a spot where the Guards of fond of being located, in their usual 'catch the ordinary Joe and ignore the boy racers' task.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 07:10:41 PM by Owenmoresider »

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 13, 2007, 07:11:27 PM »
It's not his fault your not good enough for his daughter!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

his holiness nb

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 13, 2007, 07:14:45 PM »
It's not his fault your not good enough for his daughter!

Spoken like a true father  :D
Ask me holy bollix

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 13, 2007, 07:15:58 PM »
I aint a father.

his holiness nb

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 13, 2007, 07:20:28 PM »
I aint a father.

Must be a son in law so  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #921 on: November 13, 2007, 07:23:41 PM »
DaithÝ O'SÚ.

The new version of Excel on Windows Vista, especially when it won't make my files compatible with the 2003 type (and therefore most computers as of now), and when it corrupts existing files upon opening them, for some reason unknown.

f**kers who drive at 40-50mph, or even less, in 60mph zones, i.e. main roads, missed the first quarter of the game in Ballina last sunday after getting stuck behind these. It's particularly frustrating because a line of cars driven by people who aren't necessarily reckless but are left to take risks due to these, on the kind of roads where you have to think long and hard about making a move. E.g. you get stuck behind someone outside Tubbercurry heading for Sligo, expect to be stuck behind them til after Ballinacarrow, if traffic is steady heading the other way. As bad as speeding drivers, though obviuosly in a different manner, IMO.

Edit - I might add re the N17, the one place where you can get an opportunity to pass (at the Achonry creamery) also happens to be a spot where the Guards of fond of being located, in their usual 'catch the ordinary Joe and ignore the boy racers' task.

The new Office on Vista is a nightmare.
Testing Accessibility

Louth Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 13, 2007, 10:08:25 PM »
You go to the express checkout and some auld biddy is there in front of you, she thinks its alright to go the express checkout (10 items or less) with her entire weeks shopping. In fairness she is chancing her arm, your one behind the till should have told her to sling her hook and go to another checkout!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

lfdown2

• View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 13, 2007, 11:13:56 PM »
people causing accidents in rush hour traffic, esp those who drive in to the back of someone, lets see its a weekday its betwwen the hours of 7 and 10/4 and 6 perhaps like every other f*kin day of the year the traffic if front of you will come to a sudden halt.... :-X

Square Ball

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 14, 2007, 10:39:19 PM »
that stupid fecking Orbit advert!!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 14, 2007, 10:42:31 PM »
You go to the express checkout and some auld biddy is there in front of you, she thinks its alright to go the express checkout (10 items or less) with her entire weeks shopping. In fairness she is chancing her arm, your one behind the till should have told her to sling her hook and go to another checkout!
I do that all the time and nobody says anything.

How about people who go into a massive supermarket to buy 3 things they could get in the corner shop and then expect special treatment?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 10:45:09 PM by pintsofguinness »

Puckoon

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 14, 2007, 10:48:18 PM »
I do that all the time and nobody says anything.

How about people who go into a massive supermarket to buy 3 things they could get in the corner shop and then expect special treatment?

Dont you already think people are too selfish Pints, like parents?
Does this constitute selfishness?

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 14, 2007, 10:49:51 PM »
I don't see how.

Puckoon

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 14, 2007, 10:54:59 PM »
Deciding upon yourself that an unwritten courtesy rule put in place by the people who run and design the supermarket, so that people with a smaller shopping list dont have to queue for a long time - doesnt have to be abided by your good self and that you have no problem with jumping in there with 365 packets of cookstown sausages and god knows what else and fecking up the whole fecking system which without people like you would work quite well?

No? Must just be in my head then!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 11:06:07 PM by Puckoon »

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 14, 2007, 11:00:31 PM »
Deciding upon yourself that an unwritten courtesy rule put in place by the people who run and design the supermarket, so that people with a smaller shopping list dont have to que for a long time - doesnt have to be abided by your good self and that you have no problem with jumping in there with 365 packets of cookstown sausages and god knows what else and fecking up the whole fecking system which without people like you would work quite well?

No? Must just be in my head then!

But if you go to a big supermarket expect to cue.  You go to the trouble to going to a big supermarket, looking for a space, parking, walking maybe 100yards to the shop, walk around the shop picking up your 5 items and then suddenly you're in a massive hurry and need special treatment?  Doesn't make sense to me. 
And some of us need to get out of the shop before the car's clamped.