Author Topic: You know what really grinds my gears?  (Read 672687 times)

Snowed Under

• View Profile
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?
« Reply #660 on: October 13, 2007, 01:37:56 PM »
And toddlers? As you have no kids I will again explain what that is; a toddler is a child who is totally dependant on others; they cannot walk; cannot talk; cannot take direction; by law and for safety they need to be in certain type of car seat which the parent then attaches to a pram; hence the wider spaces; shopping centres appreciate that the parent may have more than one child and this coupled with any shopping they may purchase is the reason the spaces are near the doors.  It is quite obvious that these spaces and their intentions are treated with pure contempt by yourself; so as I say hope you get clamped real soon.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  Yes I know what toddlers are and have had them shopping too.  Jeeze this high and mighty attitudes some parents have is unreal  :D
Most parents have a push chair or pram for a toddler so there is no issue with walking them across a carpark.
So we're back to the wide spaces which I've no issue it, just put them at a suitable location in the car park and free up spaces at the door for disabled parking.
Do you think, you as a parent, are more entitled to a space at the door than a disabled person?

Absolutely not which is why I would never park in a disabled space.  Do you think as a non-parent you are entitled to selfishly use allocated spaces for mothers and toddlers?

Balboa

• Oisins - Antrim Senior Hurling Champs 1935 & 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 13, 2007, 01:40:45 PM »
Get a room ladies......

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 13, 2007, 01:41:49 PM »
Do you think as a non-parent you are entitled to selfishly use allocated spaces for mothers and toddlers?
Yeah
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Snowed Under

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 13, 2007, 01:43:45 PM »
Do you think as a non-parent you are entitled to selfishly use allocated spaces for mothers and toddlers?
Yeah

End of argument then - totally sums you up[edited by Mod3]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 02:44:53 PM by Gaaboardmod3 »

the Deel Rover

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 13, 2007, 01:44:54 PM »
Jesus lads would ye just agree to disagree this argument has gone on for about 6 pages and will probably contine for ever as neither of ye are letting up at this stage
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 13, 2007, 01:46:26 PM »
If you can come up with a good reason why these spaces need to be at the doors I'll stop parking in them.

Jesus lads would ye just agree to disagree this argument has gone on for about 6 pages and will probably contine for ever as neither of ye are letting up at this stage
Fair enough, I know I'm right.

Snowed Under

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 13, 2007, 01:51:25 PM »
If you can come up with a good reason why these spaces need to be at the doors I'll stop parking in them.

Aside from the fact that they are at the front doors do you not concede that a mother/father with a toddler needs the extra space these allocated spaces provide.  If so your selfish act of parking in them is even more reprehensible.  The parents didn't place tham at the doors the shopping centres did.

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 13, 2007, 02:02:22 PM »

Aside from the fact that they are at the front doors do you not concede that a mother/father with a toddler needs the extra space these allocated spaces provide.  If so your selfish act of parking in them is even more reprehensible.  The parents didn't place tham at the doors the shopping centres did.
Yeah but there's normally plenty of room at the back of the carpark. 

Snowed Under

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 13, 2007, 02:03:42 PM »

Yeah but there's normally plenty of room at the back of the carpark. 

Full circle - my initial post to you was spot on - [edited by Mod3]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 02:44:16 PM by Gaaboardmod3 »

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 13, 2007, 02:05:24 PM »
Well I'm sorry if my actions made you walk a 100 yards or so with your children.

SeanSouth

• "What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 13, 2007, 02:13:23 PM »
Admin/Mods can you draw a line under this playground bickering?

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 13, 2007, 02:19:45 PM »
Admin/Mods can you draw a line under this playground bickering?
Yes admin/mods please do before anyone else launches into their parent of the year speech.

Square Ball

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 13, 2007, 04:27:40 PM »
People who walk their dogs and let them shite in the street and dont clean it up.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #673 on: October 13, 2007, 04:28:52 PM »
People who walk their dogs and let them shite in the street and dont clean it up.

Hope you're listening Puckoon  :D
Testing Accessibility

Leg End

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 14, 2007, 03:38:38 PM »
POG I will have to agree with u to a certain degree... i don't park in the mother toddler spaces (for fear of clamping or fine lol :D) but do agree that they need bigger spaces to save others cars as much as anything but don't see y they need to be at the door?? much better use if they were disabled spaces.... its simple put the kids in the car seats then unload the shopping out of the trolley into the car job done. I know single parents who don't have a car and manage to walk with a pram and two other young children from the supermarket over a mile home so don't think it would be too much for any parent to walk the length of a car park to a less busy area for safety reasons also. STUCK UP SELFISH PARENTS.. and its not all parents in fact its just a few that kick up a stink to say that they need spaces at the door. There's a lot of parents worse of than u who would be thankful of the chance to use a car parking space at the back of the car park...!

ANother thing that grinds my gears is jealous people who stereotype people who drive nice cars ie bmw's merc's porsche's etc as bad drivers and stuck up people just because they have had a bad experience with 1 or 2 of these drivers or else they are just jealous.

People work hard throughout life to get the luxuries they desire and have lasy arsewits slag them off just because they couldn't be arsed working hard in life to get luxuries they want... not all nice car drivers are the same.. u cant tar everyone with the same brush because of a few bad expeiences or else plain old envy

we're here for a good time, not a long time