You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on October 21, 2016, 01:34:53 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 21, 2016, 01:01:31 PM
When you park the car well away from anyone else and yet some dope still parks beside you even though there are plenty of empty spaces elsewhere.
We have spaces in a busy public car park in the city centre.  There's a guy in there who ALWAYS parks just over a second space at a weird angle so that no other car will try to park in beside him in order to protect his precious Mercedes.  Really really selfish and arrogant.
Country is full of these people. Generally found straddling the white line in car parks. A mate in work seeks these people out and also straddles the white line to ensure he can get closely parked beside them  ;D

Puckoon

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 21, 2016, 01:50:49 PM
Quote from: Rois on October 21, 2016, 01:34:53 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 21, 2016, 01:01:31 PM
When you park the car well away from anyone else and yet some dope still parks beside you even though there are plenty of empty spaces elsewhere.
We have spaces in a busy public car park in the city centre.  There's a guy in there who ALWAYS parks just over a second space at a weird angle so that no other car will try to park in beside him in order to protect his precious Mercedes.  Really really selfish and arrogant.
Country is full of these people. Generally found straddling the white line in car parks. A mate in work seeks these people out and also straddles the white line to ensure he can get closely parked beside them  ;D

Foolish endeavor in my opinion. There will almost always be someone desperate in a smaller car who will fit in next to you and your chances of getting dinged are higher.  Plus the indignant who might just ding you out of spite.

I'm a far away parker myself, mostly out of impatience as I can walk to the store quicker than I can drive around to get a closer spot. Took the same approach in the banged up Mazda as I do in the new wagon! Problem is the new wagon is nice and you can feel the judgement from those deplorables. Accidentally parked close to the line one afternoon and the paranoia that I'd have been deemed to protecting my nice new car made me go back and move it!

You can't really win

muppet

Mate of mine came back to his car to see a woman, who was loading her car, had left a bag on HIS bonnet. When he asked her wtf she was doing, she said the bag would get wet if it was on the ground.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on October 21, 2016, 05:26:56 PM
Mate of mine came back to his car to see a woman, who was loading her car, had left a bag on HIS bonnet. When he asked her wtf she was doing, she said the bag would get wet if it was on the ground.

Is that such a big deal? Unless she was throwing a bale of briquettes on it I wouldn't worry about something like that.

Puckoon

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 21, 2016, 05:49:33 PM

Is that such a big deal? Unless she was throwing a bale of briquettes on it I wouldn't worry about something like that.

Well you see I suppose the act in itself is not - but would you do it? I wouldn't but I'd be annoyed at the presumption.

muppet

It was a suitcase. And she had a perfectly good bonnet to scratch on her own car.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on October 21, 2016, 07:37:39 PM

It was a suitcase. And she had a perfectly good bonnet to scratch on her own car.
They all still drive Datsun Cherrys in Offaly,it would take more than a suitcase to scratch them bad boys.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebigfella

Yes it is, water based paints chip very easily. Try getting a Cnut like that to pay for a bonnet respray or a paint correction.

No wides

Quote from: thebigfella on October 21, 2016, 08:00:35 PM

Yes it is, water based paints chip very easily. Try getting a Cnut like that to pay for a bonnet respray or a paint correction.

First world problems, you have little to be worried about than precious getting a chip.  As for describing a woman as a cnut for trying to get the shopping into the car, says more about you to be honest.

Dire Ear

Quote from: No wides on October 22, 2016, 10:34:27 AM

First world problems, you have little to be worried about than precious getting a chip.  As for describing a woman as a cnut for trying to get the shopping into the car, says more about you to be honest.

Why does she not use her own bonnet then?  Selfish, lazy, arrogant or all 3 ?

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

No wides

Quote from: Dire Ear on October 22, 2016, 10:53:50 AM

Or maybe she just didn't think - but let the interweb warriors judge and berate her for a simple mistake and she is a cnut, selfish, lazy and arrogant - when your driving precious do you always indicate, travel at the correct speed, keep safe distance behind, use your lights correct, never use the phone, never be distracted etc. or maybe sometimes you make a mistake that causes someone else to take action, are you a selfish, lazy, arrogant cnut or as long as precious is ok do you not care about anyone else?

Dire Ear

Quote from: No wides on October 22, 2016, 11:23:50 AM
Quote from: Dire Ear on October 22, 2016, 10:53:50 AM

Or maybe she just didn't think - but let the interweb warriors judge and berate her for a simple mistake and she is a cnut, selfish, lazy and arrogant - when your driving precious do you always indicate, travel at the correct speed, keep safe distance behind, use your lights correct, never use the phone, never be distracted etc. or maybe sometimes you make a mistake that causes someone else to take action, are you a selfish, lazy, arrogant cnut or as long as precious is ok do you not care about anyone else?

Can't believe I'm replying ...but...she did think enough NOT to put her shopping on the ground or on her own bonnet...and yes some of us do drive correctly and don't use others cars like a placemat.  Hope that helps

Boycey

You know what really grinds my gears?

People like No Wides...