Author Topic: You know what really grinds my gears?  (Read 673267 times)

Puckoon

• View Profile
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?
« Reply #465 on: September 14, 2007, 03:54:23 PM »
Why are some people so ignorant?
I pulled into a petrol station just outside Mullingar on the Dublin Road,As i was walking to the shop this f**ker nearly knocks me over in his Merc then proceeds to park in the disabled zone,He jumps out of the car and heads towards the toilet...
Then as i was in the shop queing up to pay said man comes in roaring and shouting why were the toilets not working,It was bad enough that he proceeded to skip the queue to speak to the girl behind the counter but the abuse he gave her was shocking..
I wasn't having any of it so i said to him firstly that i was next in the queue that he just skipped and also was there any need to speak to the girl in that way as it wasn't her fault the toilets weren't working...
Naturally he told me to f**k off and mind my own business and then turned to the girl and said "f**k off back to your own country" and then walked out
What a b**tard..I got his number plate but i suppose there is no point in ringing Guards

Maybe he has irritable bowel syndrome....

Louth Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 14, 2007, 04:12:29 PM »
Fair play to you LL for piping up at him, by the way did you notice a trail of skitter coming from your man as he was leaving (given the toilets weren't working and not that he was afraid of you or anything  ;D)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Bensars

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 14, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »
I pulled into a petrol station just outside Mullingar on the Dublin Road,As i was walking to the shop this f**ker nearly knocks me over in his Merc then proceeds to park in the disabled zone,He jumps out of the car and heads towards the toilet...
Then as i was in the shop queing up to pay said man comes in roaring and shouting why were the toilets not working,It was bad enough that he proceeded to skip the queue to speak to the girl behind the counter but the abuse he gave her was shocking..
I wasn't having any of it so i said to him firstly that i was next in the queue that he just skipped and also was there any need to speak to the girl in that way as it wasn't her fault the toilets weren't working...
Naturally he told me to f**k off and mind my own business and then turned to the girl and said "f**k off back to your own country" and then walked out
What a b**tard..I got his number plate but i suppose there is no point in ringing Guards

The lengths you will go to LL for a shift.

Did she give you her number ?

The Real Laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 14, 2007, 04:28:32 PM »

The lengths you will go to LL for a shift.

Did she give you her number ?

:D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #469 on: September 16, 2007, 09:22:34 PM »
BT's helpline. Spent 20mins chatting to a woman in India called "Mary". All she kept saying was 'hello!'

ARGH!
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 16, 2007, 09:26:09 PM »
BT's helpline. Spent 20mins chatting to a woman in India called "Mary". All she kept saying was 'hello!'

And what where you talking about for 20 minutes when all she could say was hello?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #471 on: September 16, 2007, 09:29:19 PM »

And what where you talking about for 20 minutes when all she could say was hello?

Been passed round from person to person, until I got her. Got extremely frustrated and hung up.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 16, 2007, 09:33:27 PM »

ARGH!

Maybe she couldn't understand the Tyrone accent   :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 16, 2007, 09:33:52 PM »

Been passed round from person to person, until I got her. Got extremely frustrated and hung up.

My record with them is about hour and half, speaking to 6 or 7 people including someone in wales who couldn't help because our system is not on their computers.  If I ever crack up I'll end up in the nearest BT centre blowing people's brains out. 
I hope to God I see the day when they don't have the monopoly on phone lines and are begging for customers because the c***ts don't give a f**k. 

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #474 on: September 16, 2007, 09:35:37 PM »

ARGH!

Prehaps.

The previous one asked for my telephone number. The last digit is 9 and he couldn't understand me, so I said 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9. I was then informed that 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 isn't a real number!
Testing Accessibility

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #475 on: September 16, 2007, 09:37:27 PM »
 :D

Tyrones own

• FFS Tell It Like It Is..
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 16, 2007, 11:23:25 PM »

ARGH!

Prehaps.

The previous one asked for my telephone number. The last digit is 9 and he couldn't understand me, so I said 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9. I was then informed that 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 isn't a real number!

Speaking of the Tyrone Accent, some of you that live over here may attest to this,
 The number f**king 8 why is it so hard to understand this number???
 Like Ziggy i have in a few occasions out of sheer frustration on the phone said to the person:
"now we're talking about a number, right? Yes sir, Now does 8 sound like 1, no,
 Does 8 sound like 2", no, and so on till we get to 8 and lo and behold and who'd a thunk it
 but 8 does actually sound like f**king 8  AAARRGGHHH
The kicker is that my Home phone # has two of the b**tards...... i need to change it ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 16, 2007, 11:31:06 PM »

ARGH!

Prehaps.

Speaking of the Tyrone Accent, some of you that live over here may attest to this,
 Like Ziggy i have in a few occasions out of sheer frustration on the phone said to the person:
 Does 8 sound like 2", no, and so on till we get to 8 and lo and behold and who'd a thunk it
The kicker is that my Home phone # has two of the b**tards...... i need to change it ::)

I be over and back to England a bit and the amount of English people (I'm sure it'd be the same with any nationality) that will not even try to understand your accent and what you are saying is unreal!!!
They will hardly wait until you're finished speaking before they say "what"! And you have to repeat the same thing about three times before they can pick it up!! FFS, we are speaking the same language! 

Tyrones own

• FFS Tell It Like It Is..
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 16, 2007, 11:49:39 PM »

Oh and another one, what about trying to order Ham at a deli counter.
  I wasn't long here and was at the counter in a fairly big super market,
 asked the woman for a half a pound of ham and as you say Pints, she didn't even
 try to comprehend, i just wasn't saying it the way she wanted to hear it,
 needless to say i wouldn't give in and at this stage 6 or 7 people had got into line behind me,
 eventually the man behind me had to tell her what it was i wanted.
 Stood off to the side and demanded the Manager who in turn tore her a new one in front of all of us ;D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Puckoon

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 17, 2007, 03:38:36 AM »

ARGH!

Prehaps.

I thought that was just an irish thing. Over here all of us irish have trouble getting americans to understand 8. its a f**king nightmare, its in my phone number, and its in my address. I hope its not just cos im from tyrone.