Author Topic: MOT query  (Read 3388 times)

Stevie Nicks

• View Profile
Re: MOT query
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2020, 04:58:51 PM »
Here, whatís the situation around the MOT test now?

Mine is up mid May. Will probably get a reminder early to mid April.

At this stage, how long of a delay is there?

Mine is up at end of March, booked and paid as normal and got a slot on the 12th. Just got an exemption form in post today which is valid until end of July. Money to be refunded and up to me to rebook before end of July.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2020, 07:00:11 PM »
Here, whatís the situation around the MOT test now?

Mine is up mid May. Will probably get a reminder early to mid April.

At this stage, how long of a delay is there?

Mine is up at end of March, booked and paid as normal and got a slot on the 12th. Just got an exemption form in post today which is valid until end of July. Money to be refunded and up to me to rebook before end of July.

So how far ahead are you able to book?

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2020, 02:31:02 PM »
I thought MOT cover notes were being sent out automatically?

Havenít got one yet, and MOT is up end of June.

Whatís the deal? Anybody else in this predicament?

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2020, 02:33:26 PM »

I had two cars coming up on their dates and both automatically updated, previous to covid you had to book the test and then you received the extension.

I bought a car during all this and changed owner online but its near 10 weeks and no Tax book yet, anyone else have this problem?

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2020, 02:56:18 PM »

I had two cars coming up on their dates and both automatically updated, previous to covid you had to book the test and then you received the extension.

Yes, I had to book a couple months ago for a MOT. They then sent out a cover note. But you canít book a test online now, theyíre supposed to just send you out a cover note automatically.

Also, you can check online when your MOT expires. Still says end of June

shantygael

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2020, 08:36:41 PM »

I bought a car during all this and changed owner online but its near 10 weeks and no Tax book yet, anyone else have this problem?
Bought  a car from prentice trade ,portadown 9th march, no log book yet ,only got through to them last week as they are back at work now,they said they are dealing with it and are to get back to me. Swansea hard to get through to doesn't help. Typed registration  into dvla website and car is  coming up as taxed and mot renewed automatically from Saturday for 6 months.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:38:44 PM by shantygael »
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

JohnDenver

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2020, 10:30:46 PM »

Bought  a car from prentice trade ,portadown 9th march, no log book yet ,only got through to them last week as they are back at work now,they said they are dealing with it and are to get back to me. Swansea hard to get through to doesn't help. Typed registration  into dvla website and car is  coming up as taxed and mot renewed automatically from Saturday for 6 months.

What's the idea with the 6 month exemption - my reckoning was that it was 12 months exemption unless you car is 4 years old and waiting on it's first MOT?

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-and-motoring

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2020, 10:31:49 PM »

Yeah at the bottom of that gov website it says date last log book issues and it's still from last year is what concerns me, the last boy who had her wouldn't be happy getting my m50 notifications in