Donegal vs Armagh Ulster Championship 2022

Started by Armagh18, March 31, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2022, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on April 24, 2022, 03:58:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2022, 03:53:19 PM
Quote from: sidelineball on April 24, 2022, 03:48:36 PM
Jeez is Oisin McConville serious, crying match about the red after an embarrassing hiding??

He's giving the ref some stick too.. Armagh were poor and I'm not sure about the 'foul' one could say if the ball is in your hands you can't rip it out of his hands, nor can you 'tackle' him in the small ball

The only thing you can't do to a goal-keeper in the small squad is charge (shoulder) him.
Every other form of legitimate tackle is allowed.

You can't rip the ball out of a players hands also

I never said you could.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 24, 2022, 04:03:58 PM
Jeez is Oisin McConville serious, crying match about the red after an embarrassing hiding??

He's giving the ref some stick too.. Armagh were poor and I'm not sure about the 'foul' one could say if the ball is in your hands you can't rip it out of his hands, nor can you 'tackle' him in the small ball

The only thing you can't do to a goal-keeper in the small squad is charge (shoulder) him.

I never said you could.

I gave two examples of 'fouls' that the ref could have called for. One thing is for sure he was a lot closer than Oisin
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Seriously, when did ye ever see a goal like that stand in your life.  The whistle went well before.  Would have been very surprised if that stood

twohands!!!

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2022, 04:06:11 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on April 24, 2022, 04:03:58 PM

I never said you could.

I gave two examples of 'fouls' that the ref could have called for. One thing is for sure he was a lot closer than Oisin

QuoteProvided he has at least one foot on the ground, a player may make a shoulder to shoulder charge on an opponent:-
(a) who is in possession of the ball, or
(b) who is playing the ball other than when kicking it, or
(c) when both players are moving in the direction of the ball to play it.

When he is within the small rectangle, the goalkeeper may not be charged but he may be challenged for possession of the ball, and his kick or pass may be blocked.
Incidental contact with the goalkeeper while playing the ball is permitted.

tyrone08

Surely the method of the "goal" wasn't allowed as it wasnt palmed in or kicked in. More fumbled in while the players were in the small rectangle

sidelineball

The whistle was long gone and it was thrown into the net from what I saw. Could he have taken the mark?

Oraisteach

Hate to say it, but Donegal were much the better side—faster, more direct, and masters of the midfield and kick-out. Hard to gauge what effect Rian O'Neill's goal might have had, but all in all this was a walloping. Fair play to the green and gold.

Dreadnought

Well done Donegal. Looking forward to locking horns in the semi in a few weeks. But oh my, Armagh are just flakes. All bluster, look fine in League, but bring them into the heat of Championship and they wilt. Some regarded players are easily wrapped up and kept quiet. McGeeney continually flatters to deceive

twohands!!!

McGeeney's record in Ulster as manager

In 8 years played 11 games won 2, drew 1 and lost 8

David McKeown

Very disappointing. Donegal by far the better side. A real statement win for them. Deegan was awful but wasn't the difference between the teams. Too far away to see either the goal or the potential red card incident. Also too far to see if the Donegal goal was square ball or not.

Armagh needed things to go their way today. They didn't. O'Neill was as poor as I've ever seen him. The kick out strategy didn't work and there was no plan B. Anything short of a long qualifier run will likely see the end of Geezer but this Armagh team aren't winning Sam so hard to know if even that would be a good thing.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

omagh_gael

Armagh fans got some dose of reality today. Athletic grounds in February was like Croke Park in September when they beat Tyrone such was the celebrations.

McGeeney surely has to go unless Armagh reach the AI semis?

Dreadnought

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 24, 2022, 04:19:54 PM
McGeeney's record in Ulster as manager

In 8 years played 11 games won 2, drew 1 and lost 8

That says it all really. Just as an aside, in 4 years Mickey Graham for Cavan has 7 wins, 1 draw, and 2 losses from 10 games. With 3 wins against Division 2 teams, and 1 title.

Wildweasel74

Wildweasel74

On another Note, what way will Donegal go when Murphy and McBearty go.

Itchy