Ulster U20 Championship 2022

Started by Captain Obvious, March 24, 2022, 10:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Congrats to Tyrone but a real bitter taste after that result. Don't mind losing but that referee should never be allowed disgrace himself in a big match again. 4 pts from play for Tyrone, 7 from Cavan. I'd say free count was 3 times higher for Tyrone today. As for Cavan, I'm delighted with the effort and work rate, not everything came off but they were the better team overall for me. Cruel of Fionntain at the end but that's football.

Rossfan

Wouldn't agree with Itchy on most things but I thought the Ref very hard on Cavan who seemed to need to be 110% fouled to get a free while Tyrone got frees awful easy.
Mind you I only saw the second half.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Quote from: Rossfan on April 22, 2022, 11:54:28 PM
Wouldn't agree with Itchy on most things but I thought the Ref very hard on Cavan who seemed to need to be 110% fouled to get a free while Tyrone got frees awful easy.

I just saw 2nd half as well.

I thought Tyrone were the better team in the second half but the referee gave Cavan little in terms of frees. Tyrone got their frees a lot handier.

In saying that Cavan had a decent chance to draw it at the end with a free but didn't make it. In situation like that, you'd expect the keeper to come up and hit it off the ground!

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on April 22, 2022, 11:54:28 PM

First half was same, Tyrone had 5 pts, 4 frees and soft as f**k frees at that compared to the all out assaults going on unpunished at the other side

Westside

Anyone know who the referee was?

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on April 23, 2022, 12:04:57 AM
Anyone know who the referee was?

His name is Enda McFeely from Donegal but he must be riding a young one from Tyrone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Not too often these days that we aren't the bitter complainers about some referee or other's performance, and we'll take it (sorry Cavan lads)!  ;)

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Aaron Boone

Tyrone big push now to win the AI at this grade. Be brave to win the bigger prize. 

Main Street

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 23, 2022, 12:18:46 AM
Not too often these days that we aren't the bitter complainers about some referee or other's performance, and we'll take it (sorry Cavan lads)!  ;)
Tyronies mostly only complain without merit when they lose, at least Cavan's complaints had genuine merit. Maybe the day will come when you'll take a close defeat on the chin, but I don't think I have those years left in my life to read the words  'yeah we got beaten on the day by the better side'.

skeog

What has dole fraud to do with refereing of game.Cavan poor tackling to blame.

Itchy

Quote from: skeog on April 23, 2022, 08:48:20 AM

Dunno. How far is Castlefinn Co Donegal from Co Tyrone.

mrdeeds

Quote from: skeog on April 23, 2022, 08:48:20 AM

If Tyrone fans are saying frees were soft then it's nothing to do with tackling. A couple of occasions Cavan players were caught head height for tap over frees and nothing given. It was an awful performance from the referee. The overcarrying decision against a player after literally just receiving the ball is hands down the worst decision I've ever seen.

nrico2006

Quote from: Main Street on April 23, 2022, 02:09:28 AM
Tyronies mostly only complain without merit when they lose, at least Cavan's complaints had genuine merit. Maybe the day will come when you'll take a close defeat on the chin, but I don't think I have those years left in my life to read the words  'yeah we got beaten on the day by the better side'.

Give us a few examples of when Tyrone complain without merit?

Castlefin is just 5 minutes from Tyrone but they would have no love for Tyrone around there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Silver hill

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 23, 2022, 09:28:50 AM

Castlefin is just 5 minutes from Tyrone but they would have no love for Tyrone around there.

NFL final 92
All Ireland final 95.
All Ireland semi v Meath in 96
Omagh in 06 championship
Come back to me if you need any more.

nrico2006

Quote from: Silver hill on April 24, 2022, 10:13:07 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 23, 2022, 09:28:50 AM

NFL final 92
All Ireland final 95.
All Ireland semi v Meath in 96
Omagh in 06 championship
Come back to me if you need any more.

Complain without merit?

95 Final - a legitimate point was disallowed to draw the game and a red carded player remained in the pitch therefore plenty of merit in any complaints.

Meath 96 - constant illegal/dirty tackles throughout that game therefore again plenty of merit in any complaints.

Omagh 06 - not many complaints from Tyrone fans about anything really, only problem then was the fact that Tyrone were so depleted which was the main reason for the loss.

So you haven't really came up with anything that backs up your implication.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'